Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 12:04:53 PM EDT
Is there a tool box/cart discussion and pic thread for us gear heads? I searched but can't find one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
don't think so.  Ive got a HF 44" cabinet.  Best buy for the money IMO
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my wife a large Husky from Home Depot for Art supplies.   It's been real solid.   Husky rolling work bench.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
this is what you seek

well good toolboxes at decent prices
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
don't think so.  Ive got a HF 44" cabinet.  Best buy for the money IMO
View Quote
Same here, with an 18" end cabinet. Works great at a great price.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Just bought this tonight. I am passing my old one down to a new kid at work. They rock for keeping track of tools. I'll take some photos inside later.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/343566/IMG-0928-232402.jpg

Just bought this tonight. I am passing my old one down to a new kid at work. They rock for keeping track of tools. I'll take some photos inside later.
View Quote
I've been thinking about one of these for a while. Be sure to post pics once you set yours up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
So I decided to just keep the old box since it was the same as the new one and I don't have time to screw with swapping my stuff around.

I know it needs cleaned out but I work out of it every day.

This size (30") is supposed to be for standard or metric but I have both crammed in mine with 1/2", 3/8", and 1/4" sockets. Wrenches up to 1 3/8" and 30mm, 2 wratchets in each size, extensions, screwdrivers, nut drivers, pliers all that stuff. I wrench on tractors, quads, pickups, pumps, forklifts and any thing else that breaks down on the farm.

They are $249 at costal right now, the 36" is $599.

I need to open up a couple of the holes in this tray so I can move around a couple of my ratchets and get them to fit a bit better.

Under the bottom socket tray. It normally holds crumpets, strippers, endcutters, needle nose pliers but they are sitting on one of the shop benches right now.

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't beat the HF boxes.  I have the 44" top/bottom and two side cabinets.  And I still need more storage area.

I've gotten into woodworking, so I'm building wood drawers for my wood working bench as my next project. Hopefully I can transfer some items from the HF box to my bench drawers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:44:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I got the HF top and bottom box.

Decent box for the price. I got it on sale for about 300 with tax. Couldn't say no. I've worked out of and old small Craftsman box for years. Usually go for about 350. I like the looks of the 44" roller. They also have a cart that I use at work for about 175. Its the red one. I think it has 5 drawers. It has better wheels than my box.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, but it's on this site:
  Let's see your toolbox.

It's 1045 pages long.
View Quote
Do a lot of the members there think guns are icky?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/343566/IMG-0928-232402.jpg

View Quote
Just ordered the 26" in diamond plate form my VW air-cooled kit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do a lot of the members there think guns are icky?
View Quote
No.  Quite a few gun owners talking about their collections on occasion over there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just ordered the 26" in diamond plate form my VW air-cooled kit.
View Quote
I am kicking around getting one for my garage. I have had mine on my truck for like 6 years and love it.

Somehow I keep amassing tools. I have a full set on my work truck, enough to get me home in my going to town truck, a budding set in my garage, and what's left of a good set in one of our shops.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Just started loading out a Montezuma box with my old Craftsman USA metric stuff along with my air cooled VW tools.

Looks like I'll need to get some rubber doughnuts to put around the breaker bars and some sort of tie down method for other tools.

My plan is to use this as a mobile box on my VW Baja then my Street Rail.

Looks like a well built box for being made in China. I'm going to need to add some more interior padding.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just started loading out a Montezuma box with my old Craftsman USA metric stuff along with my air cooled VW tools.

Looks like I'll need to get some rubber doughnuts to put around the breaker bars and some sort of tie down method for other tools.

My plan is to use this as a mobile box on my VW Baja then my Street Rail.

Looks like a well built box for being made in China. I'm going to need to add some more interior padding.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83325/IMG-5412-240286.JPG
View Quote
Yeah the wrenches will bang on the side and drive you nuts. It doesn't bother me anymore and mines on the back of a cummins so I don't really notice it but If it's in the cab I'd put some dynamat or something in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top