Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 9:14:47 AM EDT
2012 pentastar engine light on,  code is left bank rear o2 sensor. 

we were going to do a few hundred miles this weekend.

take the other car or run it?

tia!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
2012 pentastar engine light on,  code is left bank rear o2 sensor. 

we were going to do a few hundred miles this weekend.

take the other car or run it?

tia!
View Quote
You're good. Might run a little rich. I have been told Long term use might cause some issues with the catalytic converter.  I ran a car for 50k  with a bad o2 never threw a code for the cat. 
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't trust any advice unless the person can see and smell the exhaust.

A 02 sensor can pop off for a number of reasons. Some minor and some ( stuck injector) are major.

How many miles on the car?
Some pop on the light at preset mileage as a reminder for standard factory defined maintenance.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A 02 sensor can pop off for a number of reasons. Some minor and some ( stuck injector) are major.

Some pop on the light at preset mileage as a reminder for standard factory defined maintenance.
View Quote
I would think he would have read more codes if it was much more than a faulty sensor. 

IMO I wouldn't be worried based off of info in OP, a solid check engine light with a single o2 code would not raise much concern if nothing else seemed off. 
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Go buy a new sensor and install it yerself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would think he would have read more codes if it was much more than a faulty sensor. 

IMO I wouldn't be worried based off of info in OP, a solid check engine light with a single o2 code would not raise much concern if nothing else seemed off. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats me too but I don't know Cav vets abilities.
It's probably just a slow sensor but it might not be. Need more info
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thats me too but I don't know Cav vets abilities.
View Quote
i can  fuck something up as bad as the next guy.

i asked because i pondered running it this weekend on a little road trip,  but Google got me scared of fucking up the cat converter.

stole it from the wife, drove right in the dealership.  i bought the chrysler factory lifetime maxcare warranty when new,  they just called - all done,  all covered.

thx to everybody. 

Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Have a nice trip.

What did they do?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#9]
thx raf, it got done before i came in. 

they just said it was a software problem.  they said per chrysler,  if the fault comes back they will replace the catalytic converter.  and my max care warranty covers it!

best $1800 i ever spent!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Go buy a new sensor and install it yerself.
View Quote
Yep, not that big of a job.

EDIT: may want to change both while your at it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh wait a minute.  Just noticed you said "REAR" O2.  

Run it!  That O2 is just an emissions check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top