Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2017 3:09:15 PM EDT
Looking to upgrade my old Kubota and have it narrowed down to a Deere 1025R or a Kubota BX2680.   Both cost about the same, with loader, mower, and front snowblower.  Any reason to go with over the other?  

Also looked at the JD 2025R vs the Kubota B2601 and am trying to justify getting a slightly larger tractor

Old tractor was a Kubota B7100, so any of the above would be an improvement
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Which engine is in each? Manufacturer and model history. That may be the deciding factor if I was in your shoes.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go Kubota every damn time and twice on Sundays.  I've not been impressed with Deere compact stuff.  Just my experience.

The dealer might make a difference but it would need to be a huge difference. 
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
There really is no comparison from the research I have done, I just traded in a BX2660 for a new 2670. I put 2600 hrs on the 2660 in 5 years and did not have any problems AT ALL! Not one thing in 5 years. I use them daily and I use them hard but I do take care of them. A friend of mine stopped by today and showed me the hydrolic lines he just got in from JD for his compact tractor, all metal with a 90 degree bend, needed to be a 45 degree bend, the $300 line has to go back and he has to wait a few MORE weeks to get the new one. He had to pull the rear end out to change them,just crazy what it take to repair a JD these days. I went orange a few years ago and never looked back.
Anyway Kubota's 0% financing is great, this new 2670 has a 2500 hr warranty. How can you beat that? Well, I never had anything fixed on the old one.
Old one going out: New one arriving.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Other Kubota's I have now.
Attachment Attached File

P.S., how much do you want for the 7100?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There really is no comparison from the research I have done, I just traded in a BX2660 for a new 2670. I put 2600 hrs on the 2660 in 5 years and did not have any problems AT ALL! Not one thing in 5 years. I use them daily and I use them hard but I do take care of them. A friend of mine stopped by today and showed me the hydrolic lines he just got in from JD for his compact tractor, all metal with a 90 degree bend, needed to be a 45 degree bend, the $300 line has to go back and he has to wait a few MORE weeks to get the new one. He had to pull the rear end out to change them,just crazy what it take to repair a JD these days. I went orange a few years ago and never looked back.
Anyway Kubota's 0% financing is great, this new 2670 has a 2500 hr warranty. How can you beat that? Well, I never had anything fixed on the old one.
Old one going out: New one arriving.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413300/20170428-095751-226796.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413300/20170428-101845-226797.JPG
Other Kubota's I have now.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413300/20170426-091816-226798.JPG

P.S., how much do you want for the 7100?
View Quote
Local dealers don't have the 2670 in stock.   Only have the newer 2680.  But I took a look at the B2301/2601 and it looks like a lot more tractor for not a lot more $$.

I'll take offers on the B7100  She don't look pretty, but mechanically is goodAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Local dealers don't have the 2670 in stock.   Only have the newer 2680.  But I took a look at the B2301/2601 and it looks like a lot more tractor for not a lot more $.

I'll take offers on the B7100  She don't look pretty, but mechanically is goodhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/119774/image-226935.JPG
View Quote
What part of NY are you in? How far from Hartford? How many hours on the tractor? My Yanmar just broke down. Cant find the parts.
I took the 2670 because it was leftover from last year and they took $1500 off the price.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Near Syracuse.   Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Does that say 1300 hrs? Do the glow plugs work? I am interested. It is a hike to Syracuse though.
IM Sent
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#8]
It does.   Everything works, but all rubber and hoses are going to eventually need replacing.    

I want to upgrade to power steering and a front mounted snowblower.   With 0% financing being offered by Deere and Kubota right now, I figured it's time for a chance.   I really like the ease of attaching implements on the JD.   They didn't have a JD 2025 at the dealer to look at, but the 1025 was a snap to put on the FEL and mower deck.    The Kubota B server is look like a lot more tractor than the JD1025 or the BX2680 for only about $3500 more with similar attachments.    The Kubota mower is a little more time consuming to install
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I wanted the drive over deck for the Kubota then I watched you tube videos on putting it on and I said forget it. The dealer showed me the videos, he was sure I would not be happy with it. I dont think the JD drive over deck is as easy as they make it look on TV, you better check it out. The hydrolic hoses can be hard to route in and expensive. Kubota hoses are the best on the market though. Does it smoke much? Just on start up is fine but after it is warm? My dad has the same tractor in SC. I traded in my old 2660 with 2600 hrs on it  after 5 years for the new one. I use it daily and my biz depends on it running every day, at 0 % I had to pop for the new one.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It does.   Everything works, but all rubber and hoses are going to eventually need replacing.    

I want to upgrade to power steering and a front mounted snowblower.   With 0% financing being offered by Deere and Kubota right now, I figured it's time for a chance.   I really like the ease of attaching implements on the JD.   They didn't have a JD 2025 at the dealer to look at, but the 1025 was a snap to put on the FEL and mower deck.    The Kubota B server is look like a lot more tractor than the JD1025 or the BX2680 for only about $3500 more with similar attachments.    The Kubota mower is a little more time consuming to install
View Quote
I went to trade in my b3200 this spring before I bought the 2670, it is a 32 hp tractor, 8 years old 600 hrs but the new 32 hp tractors have the diesel rengen crap. The next closest model was too small, or at least too close the the 2660 I already had. So I traded the 2660 in instead.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Kubota all day every day .
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I used to sell Kubota

They are the number one, hands down.

They are the ONLY manufacturer that builds the entire machine - they do make their own tires.

John Deere is a Yanmar.  New Holland is Shibuara, etc

Kubota is ALL Kubota.

I personally own a 36HP L series with loader, and its a tough, reliable, and very very fuel efficient machine.

I spent 2 hours moving 40 tons of Type C granular, and it burned 2.5 gallons of diesel.  I measured.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I always replace metal hydraulic lines with high pressure hose built by NAPA. My JD is a 67 model so can't comment on the new ones. Still going strong after 50 years. Get the biggest you can afford.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I used to sell Kubota

They are the number one, hands down.

They are the ONLY manufacturer that builds the entire machine - they do make their own tires.

John Deere is a Yanmar.  New Holland is Shibuara, etc

Kubota is ALL Kubota.

I personally own a 36HP L series with loader, and its a tough, reliable, and very very fuel efficient machine.

I spent 2 hours moving 40 tons of Type C granular, and it burned 2.5 gallons of diesel.  I measured.
View Quote
I thought New Holland (used to be Ford) was now part of Fiat, either way the new Holland is way over priced for what you get.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I never planned on looking at JD, since my old Kubota has served me so well.    JD definitely has the ergonomics and ease of use figured out.   Their quick connect systems are much simpler to use.   But I think I like orange paint better.   Speaking of which, at first I was turned off by all the plastic body panels on the JD and thought the steel on the Kubotas was better.   But then I noticed how faded and scratched the paint on the demo Kubota tractors was, and started thinking maybe plastic is the better option
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll be he odd man out. My 2015 Massey 1705. I have the front mount blower (obviously) and mower deck.  I looked at kubota's but my brother (heavy equipment mechanic) told me to stay away from them due to their weak hydraulic pumps.
I've never been a JD fan. 
Around here it's Massey's or Kubota. I've had it 2 years but only have 52 hours on it so I can't speak to longevity yet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135/15873143-10154992648691189-5220655809150764996-n-227197.jpg
View Quote
Only one Massey Dealer around here and he's over an hour away.   Kubota and JD are much closer
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Go Orange.....

I have a B2710hst, which is for sale.

And an MX5100.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#19]

We like orange ones.

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
It takes a bit for the initial install of the mower deck.  60" on B3200. I actually had a problem with the
Directions and a part slightly offspec. The dealer sent their truck out to help.  The tech that got the job hand never done that install but we figured it out and id'd the problem part.  

It was a royal pain to mount and dismount theloader , mower or the rear implements before I built my garage.   What ground appears level and smooth was much less so trying to line up the loader or drag the Mower under.   Once I had the Flat concrete floor it was easy.  Turn wheel to side, roll mower deck under, connect front bracket with one lever.  Hook both lift arms to rear of deck, hook up mid PTO, lift deck reset the one wheel that does double duty as guide wheel while mowing and Turned 90 degrees it's a roller to make sliding it out and under the
Tractor a breeze.

Personally I would skip the smaller Deere machines.  They are lawn mower ish as is the BX series.   Now if you could justify two tractors I would get an BX for lawn and garden and an L series for tractor work.   Every person's situation is different.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I never planned on looking at JD, since my old Kubota has served me so well.    JD definitely has the ergonomics and ease of use figured out.   Their quick connect systems are much simpler to use.   But I think I like orange paint better.   Speaking of which, at first I was turned off by all the plastic body panels on the JD and thought the steel on the Kubotas was better.   But then I noticed how faded and scratched the paint on the demo Kubota tractors was, and started thinking maybe plastic is the better option
View Quote
The metal hood on my Kubota is beat to piss and faded.....the plastic/fiberglass hood on my john Deere is shiny(ish) and broken

I'm a fan of steel.....especially with a front end loader.....something's going to hit it eventually.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
The part in red was absolutely true when I bought mine, a little over a decade ago.  I don't know how old you are OP, but the older I get the more this stuff matters to me.

Also agree with the poster that said get the biggest one you can afford.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The part in red was absolutely true when I bought mine, a little over a decade ago.  I don't know how old you are OP, but the older I get the more this stuff matters to me.

Also agree with the poster that said get the biggest one you can afford.
View Quote
Old enough that comfort is taking precedence over cost and paint color.    I was about to pull the trigger on green, then most here said go orange.   Now I'm not sure what I'll end up with.   Having both dealers price out a JD 2025 and a B2601 now, so bigger is a possibility too
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#26]
We run about a fifty-fifty split between Deere and Kubota: both have their problems and are expensive to repair.
That said, a close friend bought a new Kubota with the loader, mower, the works....spent more time at the Dealer than he was able to use it....Couple weeks after bringing it home from the last repair he noticed that his "new" tractor had a different serial number: Apparently the replaced it without telling him so.  

Not to throw a change into the line up, but we've been looking at the Mahindra Tractors and seem to be just as good, for a significantly lower price including the price of attachments.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Hummm, I'm only an hour away and have a trailer.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We run about a fifty-fifty split between Deere and Kubota: both have their problems and are expensive to repair.
That said, a close friend bought a new Kubota with the loader, mower, the works....spent more time at the Dealer than he was able to use it....Couple weeks after bringing it home from the last repair he noticed that his "new" tractor had a different serial number: Apparently the replaced it without telling him so.  

Not to throw a change into the line up, but we've been looking at the Mahindra Tractors and seem to be just as good, for a significantly lower price including the price of attachments.
View Quote
I have a Mahindra great tractor, looked at Kubota and the only reason I looked else where was the Kubota dealer here at the time were assholes, charged 20% over MSRP and attacked like they were doing you a favor selling you a tractor. They finally got bought up and the new dealer seems more reasonable and wanting to service there customer.

A lot of what makes a decision on buying a tractor is the dealership. Without a good dealership around it isn't worth buying the tractor.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looking to upgrade my old Kubota and have it narrowed down to a Deere 1025R or a Kubota BX2680.   Both cost about the same, with loader, mower, and front snowblower.  Any reason to go with over the other?  

Also looked at the JD 2025R vs the Kubota B2601 and am trying to justify getting a slightly larger tractor

Old tractor was a Kubota B7100, so any of the above would be an improvement
View Quote

Which dealership is closer to your house for parts and whatnot?  I like both machines, but it always seems like the Deere's have a couple nicer features or control locations.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Which dealership is closer to your house for parts and whatnot?  I like both machines, but it always seems like the Deere's have a couple nicer features or control locations.
View Quote
Both dealers are 20 minutes away.   Most here seem to prefer Kubota, but I really like the quick attach systems on the Deere.    

Can anyone give an opinion on the quality of cut with 54 or 60 inch deck?    If it's good enough, I might get rid of my  ztr too
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hummm, I'm only an hour away and have a trailer.  
View Quote
Closer to Rome/Utica, but people from out of state don't know where that is.  

I might have to post in the EE
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#32]
LS is what you seek
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LS is what you seek
View Quote
There is an aN LS dealer nearby, but I am concerned about long term parts and service availability.  There's been a few dealers around that carry an off brand tractor for a couple of years, then stop selling them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Parked the old Kubota and the snowblower out by the road with a "For Sale" sign on them this last Sunday.    Today, they were both sold!    I guess I should have asked more for them!  Good thing, since my new tractor gets delivered Thursday.

I went against most advice in this thread and got the JD.   I felt more comfortable with the dealer, and he matched the price on the Kubota (even beat it a little, once the Kubota insurance was figured in).
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Parked the old Kubota and the snowblower out by the road with a "For Sale" sign on them this last Sunday.    Today, they were both sold!    I guess I should have asked more for them!  Good thing, since my new tractor gets delivered Thursday.

I went against most advice in this thread and got the JD.   I felt more comfortable with the dealer, and he matched the price on the Kubota (even beat it a little, once the Kubota insurance was figured in).
View Quote
Nice! I'm sure it'll be a great machine.  Like you, I'm a bit nervous of the off name tractors.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice choice 

Brought our new 2032R home yesterday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Old enough that comfort is taking precedence over cost and paint color.    I was about to pull the trigger on green, then most here said go orange.   Now I'm not sure what I'll end up with.   Having both dealers price out a JD 2025 and a B2601 now, so bigger is a possibility too
View Quote
Thinking abt this...

I have owned and own both brands now, JD and Kabota in a range of models...

Both are excellent and which to buy could come down to features and access to parts and service.

You showed a pix of a Kubota excavator, we have a similar one with the 6 way blade and a little bitty one I bought for my SO's birthday, she never uses preferring the big one.

As far as excavators go, I would only buy Kubota, in sizes of my interest.

As far as backhoes go, only CASE industrial machines.

Never J-D's for those last two applications.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top