Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2017 11:37:09 PM EDT
Buddy of mine pulled up today in his "NEW" GXP.  He got it from an old guy with 8,200 miles on it for $8,000!!!  It has the 5.3 V8, white exterior and black leather.  I'm wondering if I should have offered him 10k on the spot.  It looked like he drove it off the showroom floor.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good deal considering the mileage.  The problem is though is its a Pontiac which is defunct (fuck you GM for letting this happen).  Whenver a brand goes under the public wont buy their used cars as "where will I get parts and service" is their reason even though this is a impala,monte,regal,lacrosse, etc platform.  and its a FWD V8 so not many people wanting those.  same for the northstar powered Bonneville GXP.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell him to look into all the transmission problems the 5.3L w 4T65e-HD face. There are plenty of stories he can find off google 

I had an 06 Monte Carlo SS with the combo, transmission was on it's way out at 55-60k miles. I would recommend putting a decent trans cooler on there - seems to help out alot. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top