Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2017 3:57:56 PM EDT

No, not the 12 guage.  The Aerostich R3.  Fully waterproof and abrasion resistant with knee, shoulder, elbow, hip, back and chest armor.

This is my second Aerostich.  I managed to road-test my first one years ago low-siding at 65-70mph when my intentions got in the way of my capabilities.  I walked away without a scratch.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You accept gifts from fairies?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You accept gifts from fairies?
View Quote

When they bring me shit like this, yeah.  Actually he was a rugged dude.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://rs4.pbsrc.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/IMG_20170226_124740_zpsbyln4vvh.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

No, not the 12 guage.  The Aerostich R3.  Fully waterproof and abrasion resistant with knee, shoulder, elbow, hip, back and chest armor.

This is my second Aerostich.  I managed to road-test my first one years ago low-siding at 65-70mph when my intentions got in the way of my capabilities.  I walked away without a scratch.
View Quote

Here's the matching helmet.....

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Sorry I won't match...

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would love to get an R3, but I need to be fitted for one.
Ride safe brother
View Quote

My first Aerostich was a 48L and fit me just right.  I'm a little older and more "rugged" now at 6'4", 255 so this one is a 50L and fits just right.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
So what are these running nowadays? I could use a cold weather commuting suit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Starting around $1,200 or so and go up from there depending on options and/alterations.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]
...and I bet your motorcycle is yellow too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...and I bet your motorcycle is yellow too.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#12]
At night on the rain, there's only 3 basic color choices he can pick from.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
nice....went to an Aerostitch pop up store yesterday.... $$$
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a classic that I bought second hand. It was on ebay and I met up with the guy and tried it on. Seems to fit ok but I wish I had the coin to get fitted at the store or a pop up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I need a Stitch.

Gotta be easier than shrugging into my leathers!

Nice work, OP.

We need future updates on if that black gets hot on a warmer day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I need a Stitch.

Gotta be easier than shrugging into my leathers!

Nice work, OP.

We need future updates on if that black gets hot on a warmer day.
View Quote

My original 'Stich was black on black and was the original Roadcrafter (now called the Classic) with a liner, which this R-3 doesn't have.  I rode the original one in Dallas and Houston and all over Texas in temps from single digits to 100+ degrees.

In the hotter extremes with shorts and a t-shirt underneath the original it was warm but bearable with all of the vents open, but you positively bake when you are stopped.  I once got stuck in traffic in the summer in Houston an I could feel the sweat pouring down my back and chest.  Traffic cleared up and 30 seconds later I was shivering from the evaporative cooling.  With a wet t-shirt it is comfortable until the water evaporates.  Hardcore guys will fill the pockets (all gazillion of them) with ice.

In the colder extremes with an electric vest cranked up to the max you can wear normal street clothes underneath.  

The black isn't the best choice for hot weather but I didn't want to go all Hi-Viz yellow.  Besides, my current ride is a BLACKbird.  Silly me.  As for the regular R-3 versus the Light, I ride on too many highways at high speeds and the protection tradeoff isn't worth it to me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice!

I have 2 sets myself.  Roadcrafter and Darien.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Double tap!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Good move, I've wanted one for a while.  Stay safe
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I sold my 1piece roadcrafter about 8 years ago. I wore it on the street for 5 years and I tried to like it all of them. Finally I had enough and sold it for a Rukka airweight 2 piece system. Like night and day in comfort, for me anyway. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Aerostich gear is good stuff.  I have three Darien jackets and two pair of Darien pants.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Is OP 7 feet tall?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Hope yours doesn't leak in the crotch like mine did, including the replacment they sent me.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is OP 7 feet tall?
View Quote

Maybe he just has short doors?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hope yours doesn't leak in the crotch like mine did, including the replacement they sent me.

View Quote
Try some of that spray on magical screen door sealant that can make it into a boat.  

My Frog Toggs don't leak, however, they don't look as stylish and expensive as OP's.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is OP 7 feet tall?
View Quote

It's a size 50 Long.  I'm 6'4.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hope yours doesn't leak in the crotch like mine did, including the replacment they sent me.

View Quote

My original 'Stich always had the "'Stich Crotch." Supposedly the problem was solved with  the one piece R-3s.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Try some of that spray on magical screen door sealant that can make it into a boat.  

My Frog Toggs don't leak, however, they don't look as stylish and expensive as OP's.
View Quote

I sold my 'Stich, the crotch thing was icing on the cake...that SOB was like riding in a kiln in warm weather. I've given up on suits, and prefer jacket/pants I can tailor to the ride.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Waiting on Klim Voyage pants and Induction jacket for this Summer

More power to you OP riding in the wet and cold long enough to require that suit

Here is a link to  a post I just made
for an AR oriented tee shirt from Klim...if anyone reading this post is interested.

I just picked one up in black at a local shop last week
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I love my Darien jacket, but it is worn out after 15 years of riding.  I also bought it used, so I don't know how many miles were on it when I got it.  But it was a great jacket and I really liked it.

I replaced it with a Motoport Kevlar Mesh & Stretch jackets.  I bought both used and get them both for less than a new Darien.  They work better for me in the heat, which is where I do most of my riding living in Phoenix.  I really want to try a Aerostich 1 piece suit, but I would only use it a few months out of the year here in AZ.  I'm already wearing my mesh pants with a solid jacket.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Starting around $1,200 or so and go up from there depending on options and/alterations.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cringed when I bought a $159 riding jacket last weekend  
Salesman was trying to sell me a $310 helmet that was marked down from $425...but I told him that my head is only worth about $250 tops...
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I love my Darien jacket, but it is worn out after 15 years of riding.  I also bought it used, so I don't know how many miles were on it when I got it.  But it was a great jacket and I really liked it.

I replaced it with a Motoport Kevlar Mesh & Stretch jackets.  I bought both used and get them both for less than a new Darien.  They work better for me in the heat, which is where I do most of my riding living in Phoenix.  I really want to try a Aerostich 1 piece suit, but I would only use it a few months out of the year here in AZ.  I'm already wearing my mesh pants with a solid jacket.
View Quote
Motoport owner here as well. Kevlar mesh jacket feels like riding in a tshirt airflow wise. Have stretch kevlar touring jacket and pants that have served me well for thousands of miles.

still prefer leather for sport riding though. Got an RS Taichi GMC Arrow jacket this week and pants on the brown truck headed my way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top