Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2017 12:12:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You could buy a pump to fit the presta valve. Another option would be to purchase tubes that are equipped with schrader valves, provided the hole through your rim is large enough to accommodate the larger valve stem. I just keep my schrader adapter in my pack and put it on when I need to inflate the tire. On the road I use a presto pump, at home I use a good old schrader type pump.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I never left the adapter on the tire. I carried it in my seat pack and used it as needed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I leave the adapter on the valve when I go riding, but close the presta underneath, if that makes sense
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I leave the adapter on the valve when I go riding, but close the presta underneath, if that makes sense
View Quote

Best way to do it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:45:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto, i carry adaptor just in case in pouch i carry in jersey pocket. Ride mountian, road, cyclocross and track
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I always closed the valves. As my tubes get replaced I try to remember to get shrader valves. This is America, I don't need no fancy skinny valves anyway.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top