Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 10:54:26 PM EDT
Literally, what cleaning solution do you use for fuel injectors? I done a few carburetors in "Purple Power" and it seems to work pretty well but is there something better for injectors and cutting carbon?

Whay say Ye?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you use the heat feature in the cleaner or run it cold?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you soak an injector since they have solenoids in them? Never heard it done, but there are "professional" cleaning systems out there you can get.  I'd be cautious putting a solenoid into an ultrasonic cleaner since it could mess with the wires in the coil.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Berrymans b12 cuts carbon pretty good
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I won't be submersing the entire injector in the solution, just the spray nozzle (pintle) end.

I got the idea after pricing out commercial units for the shop I work at and figured I'd McGuyver one together for testing purposes.

If it works like I expect, we'll go ahead and buy the commercial version with flow tester.

I see MANY fuel related issues due to non use) in the marine industry. Ethanol is the debbil.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Berrymans b12 cuts carbon pretty good
View Quote

what I use too.

J-
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#8]
How long can do without your injectors?

Www.witchhunter.com

They will clean and flow test the injectors for $22 each turn around is about a week
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy new injectors???

Most of them are fairly inexpensive.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy new injectors???

Most of them are fairly inexpensive.
View Quote

Until you price out marine injectors..

I work at a marina and we are testing a cheap HF ultrasonic cleaner for injector cleaning. It's the modern "carb rebuild". So far I've tried a water based solution and diesel fuel.

Neither clean that old gas gum from anything, carbs or injectors. I'll be trying the Berrymans next. In the end we may have to buy the commercial injector cleaner solution

and the machine to go with it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How long can do without your injectors?

Www.witchhunter.com

They will clean and flow test the injectors for $22 each turn around is about a week
View Quote

We are trying to offer this service at our marina instead of sending them out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would be worth the time to wire up an MS3 on a board, and a "Fuel Tank" of whatever solution you wan't.

You could pulse the injectors with cleaner, and CC them to see how close they all are.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It would be worth the time to wire up an MS3 on a board, and a "Fuel Tank" of whatever solution you wan't.

You could pulse the injectors with cleaner, and CC them to see how close they all are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I've already built the pulser unit using a 555 timer IC and pass transistors so I can vary the pulse rate and duty cycle. I just need a good solution for cutting the carbon and gum that bad fuel leaves behind.

Like I said, this is mainly an experiment to see if it's viable to buy a commercial unit for the shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top