Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 8:26:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude spent so much on those tracks he had nothing left over to spend on the 4x4 vehicle....

Seriously?     Probably 8-12k for those mat-tracks or whatever they are called and that is the only thing he could afford to put them on???
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude spent so much on those tracks he had nothing left over to spend on the 4x4 vehicle....

Seriously?     Probably 8-12k for those mat-tracks or whatever they are called and that is the only thing he could afford to put them on???
View Quote

Why not? It's lightweight and holds four people. Probably four cylinder as well so easy on gas.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I want one also. It could be on a pinto, but if it goes in snow I want it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Mount them on a Suzuki Samurai. It would look like a puppy when it gets to that stage where they are all paws.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd rather have a snowcat
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Mud and snow monster.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why not? It's lightweight and holds four people. Probably four cylinder as well so easy on gas.
View Quote

If i was going to trailer something i want the money in gears, suspension, axles and then tires that can be easily replaced.

The money spent on those could go a damn long way on a proper(to me) build.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mud and snow monster.
View Quote

Until you do finally get it stuck.  We've rescued a few tracked UTVs stuck in deep snow and laketop slush... Belt drive and 200lbs a of slush packed into each track assembly is a bad combination.

But, I'd own it as a toy.  Trackers are dirt cheap and pretty reliable.  If you break it bad just go buy another one for 800 bucks.  And you really don't need to do anything about the rearend gearing since the small track drivers are like running a 14" tall tire effectively gearing it down right from the get go.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:48:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If i was going to trailer something i want the money in gears, suspension, axles and then tires that can be easily replaced.

The money spent on those could go a damn long way on a proper(to me) build.
View Quote

Yet none of those things you mentioned will hold a candle to that Sidekick on Mattracks when dropped in deep snow.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I like living where we don't need that shit.    We just close up shop for a day or two once every 3 years.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top