Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 9:35:51 AM EDT
My Queen's chariot needs to have hers replaced and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Gabriel Ultra's.

I have Bilsteins on my truck and love them but unfortunately they don't produce anything for her Murano.

KYB's are also available but I had them on the truck a few years ago and I found them to be the epitome of junk, so they are a no-go as far as i'm concerned.

One more thing, should I replace the springs too (83K miles) or would it be ok to use the existing springs and just replace the struts?

Thoughts?

Gabriel Ultra's
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Gabriel makes a strut set called ReadyMount.  the spring comes installed.  This is what I would do, because you don't have to mess with a compression tool.   they come ready to mount.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gabriel makes a strut set called ReadyMount.  the spring comes installed.  This is what I would do, because you don't have to mess with a compression tool.   they come ready to mount.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure if the complete ready mount assembly is available for my wife's car.

Any experience with the Ultra's, good or bad?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]
OP my wife used to have a 2007 Murano. Miss that vehicle... it died after it was given to our daughter.

Anyway, when it came time to replace the struts I looked at everything available and settled on the KYB replacement struts. I didn't bother with replacing the springs and they had 120,000 miles on them or so... it was 2 struts and 2 shocks and the associated strut boots, strut mount and bearings, and shock mounting kits. $220 in 2013 is what I paid.

The KYB's provided a comparable smooth and comfortable ride to the factory options.

Keep an eye on the CVT transmission as they have a tendency to quit. The one on my wife's Murano was replaced at around 165,000 miles.

I know this doesn't answer your question about the Gabriel struts but I chose not to use Gabriel struts because I couldn't find good reviews on the internet to make me want to get them and the KYB's were on sale through Amazon.

Oh, and the ready made complete strut replacements I was able to find online for a Murano were brands made in China that I had never heard of... (another reason I went with KYB... and I had KYB replacement struts on my Nissan Maxima a few years earlier and liked them)
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
KYB and Monroe make quick struts for your vehicle.   you didn't list the year, but check here.. http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2007/nissan/murano/suspension/strut_assembly.html
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Even without the quickstrut just go over to AutoZone and borrow the tool to compress the spring for free. Also if you buy the shocks/struts at AutoZone there is a lifetime warranty and whenever you want to change them out you can for free The grabiel shocks and struts all ride fine, they just don't last quite as long as the OEM. Which is fine since they carry a lifetime warranty. Go for it. Some might think I'm crazy but I even have them on my mustang and Tahoe (go fast car and tow vehicle) no problems with either one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I have Gabriel's on one of my trucks.  They have been fine.  They do have surface rust though and I'm not all that happy about that.  They work fine though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for your input, particularly about the transmission as I am about to service it.

I have the gabriel ultras and will install them soon, hopefully I made the right choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top