Quoted:

Hnnnnng!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GM leaked the RPO code for their upcoming OHC engine, recycling the LT5 moniker from the 90's ZR1 days.

Its' happening.

The mid-engine C8 is also a real thing. A close friend is an aero engineer for a big corvette racing team, and they're already developing aero for the C8R, and he may or may not have shown me pictures of the prototype.

Hnnnnng!

SPLOOOSH
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, I saw some spy shoots recently, looks pretty neat.

I will say though my Corvette love will be muted a bit with a mid-engine and OHC platform. It's removing two of the things that are uniquely Corvette/GM.
View Quote

I have a couple Corvettes and obviously am a fan. But the move to mid-engine doesn't bother me. If Chevy wants to continue in sports car racing on the world stage, they really don't have much choice but to go to a mid-engine chassis. We'll see what the engine front holds, but I will say the new cammer better be something special. The simplicity, power production and packaging benefits of the pushrod engine will be hard to beat.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top