Posted: 2/12/2017 6:34:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: outdoorgb]
Let's get this started for 2017,

Attachment Attached File

your bike and a bridge...
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Happy to meet the first challenge of the year...I've been trying to get in on this for two years and always miss!

Next: Your bike with a classic VW bug!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

Next: Your bike with a classic VW bug!
View Quote

Does rolling it out on the driveway count?

Attachment Attached File

Next: Your bike with a state or city capitol building
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Went for a ride today since it's beautiful...but couldn't bring myself to ride in the city

How about a new target?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ATC:
Went for a ride today since it's beautiful...but couldn't bring myself to ride in the city

How about a new target?
View Quote

Fair enough, city riding sucks...

Your bike and a rail road.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been looking forward to this thread, too bad there's still snow on the ground and its only 19 degrees out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
No rules? like sunglasses on seat for picture. That way people aren't taking old photos on posting them? 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bumblebee_Bob] [#7]

Several years old picture but this is the south end of the bridge Kowalski raced across, south bound, in Vanishing Point.

Second challenge is right out.

I live ~180 miles from Denver and it's still winter here.  I-70 was closed for a couple hours both directions due to accidents after last night's snow and ice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stesch_s10:
No rules? like sunglasses on seat for picture. That way people aren't taking old photos on posting them? 
View Quote

I don't ride with sunglasses. So not a fair rule
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rex_Allen:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Or something to that affect. meaning i want people to actually get out and ride and not just look through old photos and submit. 

You could always just carry a set of sunglasses with you, that way when its picture time your set! 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Or something to that affect. meaning i want people to actually get out and ride and not just look through old photos and submit. 

You could always just carry a set of sunglasses with you, that way when its picture time your set! 
View All Quotes

If people want to cheat at a game with no money involved that's on them
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Subscribing for when the snow is gone so I can get the bike out of the basement.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Or whoever makes the next location also says where to put your helmet In the picture. Cause we should all have a helmet
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:07:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maggiethecat] [#13]
Helmet and glasses shown. tracks in the background.
Attachment Attached File

How about your bike at a snow cone or ice cream stand. (open or closed. you want to cheat, that's on you.)
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Nobody?
Snow cone or ice cream stand. Doesn't have to be open.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Bikes down for valve adjust for about another week, otherwise I'd hit this one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:
Nobody?
View Quote

Next target?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:39:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#17]
Nobody?
View Quote

BRB

If it wasn't 29F outside I would have road the eleven miles to a  soft serve stand shaped like a giant filled cone

Next up, Local war memorial at either a public park or fraternal organization?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:33:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#18]
ETA: ...and bumpski with the mentioned above ice cream stand as a second entry....c'mon y'all

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:
ETA: ...and bumpski with the mentioned above ice cream stand as a second entry....c'mon y'all

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/332308/DSC00097-161602.jpg
View Quote
I'll see what I can do soon. How are you liking your Schuberth helmet?  I just put the SRC in mine and absolutely love the whole setup. 
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:50:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#20]
Originally Posted By bwideman:
I'll see what I can do soon. How are you liking your Schuberth helmet?  I just put the SRC in mine and absolutely love the whole setup.
View Quote

Schuberth and The C3 Pro are new for me, only 360 miles in on it and the bike. I am afraid I may have sized one too large with an XL.

I had originally ordered an L through Revzilla and when wearing it for fitment and thought it was too tight across the brow and cheeks so I returned it for the XL.
The XL seemed fine at first, snug but not suffocating as the L had been for  me. When wearing the L briefly around the house, I felt like I just had to get out of the thing.
It was almost claustrophobic. The XL has now broken in and it is somewhat loose. I can move it just a bit when I shake my head (couldn't at first) and it was up lifting a bit yesterday at 70 to 80 MPH on an
interstate with 15 to 20 mph crosswinds. My windscreen at full extension was contributing to this some if I road 3/4 to full up, lowering the screen or crouching lessened the effect.

The XL shell is larger than the one used for the smaller sizes and thus has a larger aero cross section, perhaps from this, I also get a bit of neck torque and sail effect when
briefly checking six at highway speed, but that could just be me not compensating with input as much as I should be

I really want to like the helmet, the features and quality are great, though I haven't accessorized it yet with comms or audio as you have to fully benefit from all it has to offer.
This is my first high end helmet for serious road use, I was using my old Bell motocross helmet on a WR450F at more sedate constant road speeds before getting the KTM. My experience
at full honk slab travel is thus limited.

The Schuberth is supposed to be very quiet as helmets go, but is a bit loud for me and my tinnitus, again, I have nothing else high end to compare it to. have bought good moto earplugs to help with that.
The windscreen at full extension seeming to put it all right at me at an oblique angle is an idiosyncrasy of the bike (others have noted it as well and are adding larger screens) so I may
not have the best conditions to give the helmet its best try. Any other brand may be just as so on this ride.

I may have to buy another L and give it a go and sell the XL. Ideally I would have a fitter look at my melon's dims in cross section or find a chart giving ratio to types. I may have a full oval dome instead
of the intermediate oval that Scuberth's  fit best. Shoei's work best with full oval from what I have read.

An interim solution may be for me to get a bit thicker balaclava than the thin perforated Alpinestar skull cap I have been using to give me more friction against the liner and hold my earplugs in place.

As you can see, I am in bit of a dilemma at present and not a cheap one. The HI Viz went on sale again this week for $50 less than I paid at $525, but they were out of larges four hours after the sale's email release.

How does all of this relate to your experience with the product?

I really want to fully like it and eventually experience all that it advertises to offer, but fitment and comfort is key for safe extended riding.  I intend to do an occasional 520 mile weekend
roundtrip commute to burn another 200 or so with my brother and friends in NoVa and will have to solve this before too soon.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:00:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Nobody?
View Quote

I could do bike under a cover in the garage until this shitty winter is over...
Or....Bike in garage without cover.

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:

Schuberth and The C3 Pro are new for me, only 360 miles in on it and the bike. I am afraid I may have sized one too large with an XL.

I had originally ordered an L through Revzilla and when wearing it for fitment and thought it was too tight across the brow and cheeks so I returned it for the XL.
The XL seemed fine at first, snug but not suffocating as the L had been for  me. When wearing the L briefly around the house, I felt like I just had to get out of the thing.
It was almost claustrophobic. The XL has now broken in and it is somewhat loose. I can move it just a bit when I shake my head (couldn't at first) and it was up lifting a bit yesterday at 70 to 80 MPH on an
interstate with 15 to 20 mph crosswinds. My windscreen at full extension was contributing to this some if I road 3/4 to full up, lowering the screen or crouching lessened the effect.

The XL shell is larger than the one used for the smaller sizes and thus has a larger aero cross section, perhaps from this, I also get a bit of neck torque and sail effect when
briefly checking six at highway speed, but that could just be me not compensating with input as much as I should be

I really want to like the helmet, the features and quality are great, though I haven't accessorized it yet with comms or audio as you have to fully benefit from all it has to offer.
This is my first high end helmet for serious road use, I was using my old Bell motocross helmet on a WR450F at more sedate constant road speeds before getting the KTM. My experience
at full honk slab travel is thus limited.

The Schuberth is supposed to be very quiet as helmets go, but is a bit loud for me and my tinnitus, again, I have nothing else high end to compare it to. have bought good moto earplugs to help with that.
The windscreen at full extension seeming to put it all right at me at an oblique angle is an idiosyncrasy of the bike (others have noted it as well and are adding larger screens) so I may
not have the best conditions to give the helmet its best try. Any other brand may be just as so on this ride.

I may have to buy another L and give it a go and sell the XL. Ideally I would have a fitter look at my melon's dims in cross section or find a chart giving ratio to types. I may have a full oval dome instead
of the intermediate oval that Scuberth's  fit best. Shoei's work best with full oval from what I have read.

An interim solution may be for me to get a bit thicker balaclava than the thin perforated Alpinestar skull cap I have been using to give me more friction against the liner and hold my earplugs in place.

As you can see, I am in bit of a dilemma at present and not a cheap one. The HI Viz went on sale again this week for $50 less than I paid at $525, but they were out of larges four hours after the sale's email release.

How does all of this relate to your experience with the product?

I really want to fully like it and eventually experience all that it advertises to offer, but fitment and comfort is key for safe extended riding.  I intend to do an occasional 520 mile weekend
roundtrip commute to burn another 200 or so with my brother and friends in NoVa and will have to solve this before too soon.
View Quote
I have the 3XL for my large grape.  I went with the Matte Metal color as it sort of matches my wheels. This helmet fits and feels better than any other I have found. It does catch a bit of wind when I turn my head far, but nothing I haven't felt with Icon or Shoei helmets.  I found that once I got the screen on my bike dialed in, it eliminated nearly all of the buffeting.  I'd see if the smaller one fits better after break in.  I know it's expensive though.  I like the tight fit, and quiet interior.  Also the straps I think are more convenient than the old D rings.  Also the pinlock is great on cold rides.

The SRC is a game changer in my opinion.  I just installed it the other day and my wife called while I was heading to work.  I was listening to Pandora, answered by speaking into the mic and had our conversation.  Talked to her later and she didn't have any idea I was on the bike.  It was extremely clear on both ends.  Plus being able to hear GPS directions is nice. 

I haven't used the rider to rider intercom yet, but I'm ordering my dad a helmet and SRC tonight so I'll be able to check that feature out soon.

I hope you get the bugs worked out for your setup, I think you'll really enjoy it if you do.

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By eric496:
Subscribing for when the snow is gone so I can get the bike out of the basement.
View Quote

I hate you all.  (shed, not basement.)
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:27:04 AM EDT
[#24]
I could do a pic of a new front tire and a new rear tire and a new rear rotor.  

Wait till Saturday and I can push the bike out of the shed and take a pic of a flat front tire too.

I'm thinking about three weeks and I'll have it out again.  And get it out and the new parts on it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:33:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#25]
Originally Posted By bwideman:
I have the 3XL for my large grape.  I went with the Matte Metal color as it sort of matches my wheels. This helmet fits and feels better than any other I have found. It does catch a bit of wind when I turn my head far, but nothing I haven't felt with Icon or Shoei helmets.  I found that once I got the screen on my bike dialed in, it eliminated nearly all of the buffeting.  I'd see if the smaller one fits better after break in.  I know it's expensive though.  I like the tight fit, and quiet interior.  Also the straps I think are more convenient than the old D rings.  Also the pinlock is great on cold rides.

The SRC is a game changer in my opinion.  I just installed it the other day and my wife called while I was heading to work.  I was listening to Pandora, answered by speaking into the mic and had our conversation.  Talked to her later and she didn't have any idea I was on the bike.  It was extremely clear on both ends.  Plus being able to hear GPS directions is nice. 

I haven't used the rider to rider intercom yet, but I'm ordering my dad a helmet and SRC tonight so I'll be able to check that feature out soon.

I hope you get the bugs worked out for your setup, I think you'll really enjoy it if you do.
View Quote

Yeh, it is comfortable, that's for sure. I went with Hi Viz due to living close in to an eastern city, eases the wife's anxieties a bit too

Definitely plan on the SRS too once I figure out a GPS mount, nav device and camera integration.
I've seen plenty on the topic over at advrider.com but haven"t put the time in yet to make decisions,
and fun $$$ are currently going to gear upgrades at an item per month

I put sixty miles or so down yesterday on twisties with two short interstate blasts to
get there and back. I cinched the strap down a click tighter and set my windscreen to
The lowest position. It seems much better now. The wind is no longer coming up
under my chin and the helmets aeros seem to handle what face blast there is, wind noise
Is also greatly reduced. Just turning my head and not leaning over to check six seems to lessen the head torque
and sailing.

Obviously on the learning curve with the fine art of high speed motoing here.

The subdued stealth look on a fast cruiser is the best imho, and what I would have as a style scheme were I to own one...
ah... We'll someday perhaps... a plated dirt bike and a ST will have to satisfy for now
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I should be able to get the memorial today. Rain and snow stopped at it's going to be at least 50 so I am in it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:31:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Abominable] [#27]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I should be able to get the memorial today. Rain and snow stopped at it's going to be at least 50 so I am in it.
View Quote

It's the same just over your northern border so I'll race you for it.

ETA First!

Next up your bike and a grain elevator. Hopefully @alaskanfire will see this while he's out on his bike and get the next one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#28]
WTF is a grain elevator
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:23:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Abominable] [#29]
WTF is a grain elevator
View Quote

http://bfy.tw/AYgh
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Abominable:

View All Quotes
WTF is a grain elevator

Yeah I googled it. We have some hay and alfalfa around here but I don't think either of those employ grain elevators. The pictures were pretty varied so I was hoping for specifics of where I should look.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Tagged. Ain't no grain elevators close to Vegas haha.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:10:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I've been told the old Purina tower right around the corner is or was a grain elevator so I'll get it tomorrow and you guys can confirm or deny for me
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#34]
So I'm told this was a grain elevator for purina. You guys confirm or deny for me.

If it is next target is your favorite gun shop. Something simple for you guys.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#35]
So I'm told this was a grain elevator for purina. You guys confirm or deny for me.

If it is next target is your favorite gun shop. Something simple for you guys.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/129950/IMG-2185-163549.JPG
View Quote

Yep that is/was one!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Hope to be jumping in on this thread next weekend
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Striker:
tag for when it isn't -4F and the snow is gone, salt on the road is gone,etc...
View Quote

Do it!!!!!! Not -4 here though. We just hit a warm streak and I hope it holds.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#39]
If the weather agrees, I'll be riding to MS next week and play along 
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Abominable] [#40]
Still a gun shop? I wouldn't call this my favorite shop but thought you guys might find the sign interesting. Reds trading post used to be a pawn/gun shop slash tattoo parlor. Now they just sell guns. You can read the sign below. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That's right, Nikki Sixx spent his formidable years growing up just across the river. That practically makes me famous.

ETA next target: a music store, or a local attraction that is also almost famous.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#41]

ETA next target: a music store, or a local attraction that is also almost famous.
View Quote
A store with guitars or a store with CD's/records?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ScooterInVegas:
A store with guitars or a store with CD's/records?
View Quote
Either one, lets just get the thread moving again!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Fine! I'll get on my bike and go for a ride just to make you happy!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

We have a guitar and gun store up here. Quit being lazy. It's probably like 80 there already. We have another stupid storm blowing in and I hit a little rain.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Tag for when this stupid weather stops being stupid.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File

Next target is a monument memorial or statue
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:52:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScooterInVegas] [#47]
I'm too slow. I next time I will send it from my phone right after taking the picture rather than after riding around for a few hours.

Lucky for you guys, my target was going to be bike parked in front of a brothel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Tag for when I get the bike out.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm too slow. I next time I will send it from my phone right after taking the picture rather than after riding around for a few hours.

Lucky for you guys, my target was going to be bike parked in front of a brothel.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316011/20170318-155705-169029.JPG
View Quote
Eh, Donnas ranch in Wells isn't that far away, not that I wouldn't need to look up directions.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top