Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2017 12:23:11 AM EDT
I drove one today.  Silver with brown leather, heated/cooled seats, and all the other cool stuff.  AWD with locking 4wd High and Low.  They came 4k off MSRP.  I hope to close the deal in the morning and will post pics.  I can't believe how well it rides. 
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:13:25 AM EDT
[#1]
4K off a new 4Runner is a very good deal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a 2016, so that is a big part of it.  I'm inking the deal today.  Pics to follow.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll love it. We have a '16 Limited.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a 16 SR5P in Blue currently, and had a 12 SR5 before that as well. Love 4runners, and Limiteds are great as well, Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife has a '14 Limited and she loves it.

I, however, do not. It lacks a blue oval on the grill thus it's a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been getting the itch lately to upgrade from my 3rd gen 4runner and have been reading reviews all day. Please post a detailed review . I'm trying to resist. One of the things stopping me is the 2018 is rumored to be a new generation, but I wouldn't want a first year model of a new generation so I would be stuck waiting even longer. I would also go with a limited just for all the extras it comes with and how I would use it. I'm already jealous
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is a 2016, so that is a big part of it.  I'm inking the deal today.  Pics to follow.
View Quote

Congratulations!!  I just made a similar purchase a few weeks ago.  2016 Limited 4runner.  Mine is silver with black interior.  Only options are all weather mats, remote start, and the roof rack cross bars.  I got $3k off.

I really went back and forth between waiting on a 2017 TRD Pro in the new Cement color, or getting the 2016 Limited.  I like the external looks of the Pro more, but like the interior, luxury features, and full time AWD of the Limited more.  I don't really do any real off-roading, so decided the Limited was a better option for me.  I can always lift it, put different wheels, etc... fairly easily to make it look more like a Pro, but would struggle to put all the luxury features that are important to me into the Pro.  Things like the memory drivers seat are huge for me as I am 6'0" and my other half is 4'11".  With old manual seats, not a huge deal.  With modern power seats it takes like 5 minutes to slide the seat back far enough for me to get in after she has driven it!!!  

Dan.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a fan of the full time 4wd. Shitty gas mileage shitty turning radius. Bigger rims = more money on tires. Get a trail or sr5 premium. 
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
4K off a new 4Runner is a very good deal.
View Quote
Can't even find them at a dealer around here. Any money off is unheard of. 
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Got it home yesterday.  I don't care for the trail or sr5 with the softex fake leather.  I wanted leather, and the silver paint with brown leather really appealed to me visually.  I also like the AWD, and don't care about fuel cost. I work at home and the most driving I do is to florida to go fishing around 5 or 6 times a year.  I may start going more this year.  Even with the trips I am lucky if I put 8k a year on a car these days.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not a fan of the full time 4wd. Shitty gas mileage shitty turning radius. Bigger rims = more money on tires. Get a trail or sr5 premium. 
View Quote

You realize, aside from the tires potentially costing more (265/70/17 vs 245/60/20), the rest of what you said is all complete BS, right?  Anyone in the market for a 4runner knows that the full economy for any of the models sucks, at least in comparison to the unibody SUVs on the market.  I suspect that is not why most of us buy them.

Starting this model year (2017) they no longer make the Trail model - or at least badge it as such.  The model levels are now: SR5, SR5 Premium, TRD Offroad, TRD Offroad Premium, Limited and TRD Pro.

Some stats directly from the Toyota USA website:

SR5 Premium vs Limited:

Rated fuel economy:  Same for both" 17/20/18 (highway/city/combined)
Approach/Departure angles: Same for both: 33/26 (degrees)
Ground clearance: Same for both: 9.6"
Turning Circle Diameter: Same for both: 37.4'
Towing rating: Same for both: 5,000 lbs.

For anyone who spends the majority of their time on-road, the AWD system is 100% better for slick, and even snow covered, roads.  In a pure off-road situation, the part time 4WD system with manually shifted transfer case is definitely better suited and more durable.

Dan.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a new black with redwood 5 seater limited 2016 a few weeks ago.  Its awesome i am so happy with it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Looking at a new 2016 SR5
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You realize, aside from the tires potentially costing more (265/70/17 vs 245/60/20), the rest of what you said is all complete BS, right?  Anyone in the market for a 4runner knows that the full economy for any of the models sucks, at least in comparison to the unibody SUVs on the market.  I suspect that is not why most of us buy them.

Starting this model year (2017) they no longer make the Trail model - or at least badge it as such.  The model levels are now: SR5, SR5 Premium, TRD Offroad, TRD Offroad Premium, Limited and TRD Pro.

Some stats directly from the Toyota USA website:

SR5 Premium vs Limited:

Rated fuel economy:  Same for both" 17/20/18 (highway/city/combined)
Approach/Departure angles: Same for both: 33/26 (degrees)
Ground clearance: Same for both: 9.6"
Turning Circle Diameter: Same for both: 37.4'
Towing rating: Same for both: 5,000 lbs.

For anyone who spends the majority of their time on-road, the AWD system is 100% better for slick, and even snow covered, roads.  In a pure off-road situation, the part time 4WD system with manually shifted transfer case is definitely better suited and more durable.

Dan.
View Quote
You see "rated fuel economy" is BS. In true arfcom fashion I have both a limited and sr5. Pretty sure I know what one gets better mileage. Turn radius the same?? Lol. 

Not saying awd isn't better on slick road. I am saying it's more wear and tear on parts. Also back to tires. Ever have a tire go out on a AWD vehicle when youre 1/2 through the expected tire life? 

Eta. Average 15.5 in limited and 17.7 in the older sr5. Both mostly city driving. 

Eta2: it's a nice ride OP you'll love it! Not bashing the limited. It's a great vehicle. But if I wasn't married and a three row blizzard pearl limited was my wife's dream car  I prob wouldn't have it. 
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You see "rated fuel economy" is BS. In true arfcom fashion I have both a limited and sr5. Pretty sure I know what one gets better mileage. Turn radius the same?? Lol. 

Not saying awd isn't better on slick road. I am saying it's more wear and tear on parts. Also back to tires. Ever have a tire go out on a AWD vehicle when youre 1/2 through the expected tire life? 

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o753/sorionc/9A709965-258B-445C-9F8E-05D7DDC2EF92_zps4psrvap8.jpg

Eta. Average 15.5 in limited and 17.7 in the older sr5. Both mostly city driving. 

Eta2: it's a nice ride OP you'll love it! Not bashing the limited. It's a great vehicle. But if I wasn't married and a three row blizzard pearl limited was my wife's dream car  I prob wouldn't have it. 
View Quote

Awesome you have both and awesome to hear your real world MPG experience.  That is why what I said was the "rated" specs as I know they can vary.

My daily commute is horrible for fuel economy - 2.5miles one way.  Vehicles barely get warm in that distance and is a prime reason fuel economy means nothing to me.  I have been averaging 15.2 over that shitty drive in cold temps (and only 800 miles on the 4R so far), so fully expect the MPG to improve somewhat with break-in, summer fuel, and highway driving mixed in.  The sad part, my Tundra (CrewMax, TRD, 4x4, 5.7L) averages about 14.1 under the same shitty driving conditions.

Four of my vehicles (Galant VR-4, Manual trans FJ Cruiser, FX35, GT-R) have been AWD and I have never had any premature or irregular drivetrain wear.  Maybe I don't keep them long enough/drive enough distance, but it's just never been an issue.

Ideally, I'd love to have the appearance/driveline of the TRD Pro, with the interior and features of the Limited, but given the choices Toyota offers, the Limited was the best fit for ME.

ETA:  I'm not sure I'd ever consider the 4runner for an SUV with a 3rd row seat.  Gotta be pretty cramped unless it is a couple of tiny ones back there.  Mine is just a 5 seater.

Dan.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
My 2012 Limited has been a great vehicle.
Paid off last year - no need to trade it up.
Six cyl is a bit tame going up the mountains, but not horrible.
Would definitely buy again - the best reference kn a vehicle...
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

ETA:  I'm not sure I'd ever consider the 4runner for an SUV with a 3rd row seat.  Gotta be pretty cramped unless it is a couple of tiny ones back there.  Mine is just a 5 seater.

Dan.
View Quote

My 2016 SR5 came with the 3rd row. Didn't need it but happened to come with. Not much space but doable for smallish adults. You lose all cargo space with the third row up.

I get 15.5 in the city.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Awesome you have both and awesome to hear your real world MPG experience.  That is why what I said was the "rated" specs as I know they can vary.

My daily commute is horrible for fuel economy - 2.5miles one way.  Vehicles barely get warm in that distance and is a prime reason fuel economy means nothing to me.  I have been averaging 15.2 over that shitty drive in cold temps (and only 800 miles on the 4R so far), so fully expect the MPG to improve somewhat with break-in, summer fuel, and highway driving mixed in.  The sad part, my Tundra (CrewMax, TRD, 4x4, 5.7L) averages about 14.1 under the same shitty driving conditions.

Four of my vehicles (Galant VR-4, Manual trans FJ Cruiser, FX35, GT-R) have been AWD and I have never had any premature or irregular drivetrain wear.  Maybe I don't keep them long enough/drive enough distance, but it's just never been an issue.

Ideally, I'd love to have the appearance/driveline of the TRD Pro, with the interior and features of the Limited, but given the choices Toyota offers, the Limited was the best fit for ME.

Dan.
View Quote
Galant vr4

funny storry, I was mountain biking along the river. Pretty far down a loging trail come around the bend and there's #17xx. Belonged to a 17yo who was fishing. He said he just bought it and wanted to put a wing on it. 

A limited trd  would be nice. As for the 3rd row I am not a fan. It takes up a lot of cargo space. Wife wanted it. It's never been used.  Does not comfortably fit me at 6'2".  But can haul an extra couple soccer players if needed. It nicely tucks away with the push of a button. The second row seats slide back and have more room than the sr5.

Ditched the weather tech mats and got husky liners. They cover everything! Very happy with them. Carpet is flawless even after  an entire soccer team of 12yos huddled inside between games in the rain. 
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Galant vr4

funny storry, I was mountain biking along the river. Pretty far down a loging trail come around the bend and there's #17xx. Belonged to a 17yo who was fishing. He said he just bought it and wanted to put a wing on it. 

A limited trd  would be nice. As for the 3rd row I am not a fan. It takes up a lot of cargo space. Wife wanted it. It's never been used.  Does not comfortably fit me at 6'2".  But can haul an extra couple soccer players if needed. It nicely tucks away with the push of a button. The second row seats slide back and have more room than the sr5.

Ditched the weather tech mats and got husky liners. They cover everything! Very happy with them. Carpet is flawless even after  an entire soccer team of 12yos huddled inside between games in the rain. 
View Quote

My 4R came with the factory all weather mats.  They seem fairly decent and offer pretty good coverage.  The 2nd row mat is one piece even, so it covers the driveline hump.  I've always used Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners in my other trucks/suvs, but have heard good things about the Husky liners.

I've seen some really horrible Galant VR4s in my time.  Little love for them, but honestly, most people have no clue, and they are getting up there in age now.  Mine was 1564/2000.  Not sure what part of PA you are in, but the pic in the below link (not inserted as a pic to not get too off topic of the OP) was taken at Maple Grove Raceway, parked all the way out by the road coming in to the track. Just happened to be a pic I had loaded to my Photobucket account.  I owned it for 11 years, but sold it several years ago.  Currently lives in NC with an active military member.

Galant VR4 1564/2000

Dan.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Gratuitous Pics of my old 2012 SR5, and my Current 2016 SR5

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm eyeballing a 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Nav, 4WD, lifted, 20" wheels, 3rd row seat, just under 19,000 miles.
Is $42,500 a fair price for this? Seems high to me...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I drove one today.  Silver with brown leather, heated/cooled seats, and all the other cool stuff.  AWD with locking 4wd High and Low.  They came 4k off MSRP.  I hope to close the deal in the morning and will post pics.  I can't believe how well it rides.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I drove one today.  Silver with brown leather, heated/cooled seats, and all the other cool stuff.  AWD with locking 4wd High and Low.  They came 4k off MSRP.  I hope to close the deal in the morning and will post pics.  I can't believe how well it rides.

Quoted:

Julyer!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm eyeballing a 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Nav, 4WD, lifted, 20" wheels, 3rd row seat, just under 19,000 miles.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299060/4d6fc2424bdff5e34c5d5ec9290eb7dc-155872.JPG
View Quote

I paid $37,100 for a new 2017 Premium no 3rd row but with moonroof
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299060/4d6fc2424bdff5e34c5d5ec9290eb7dc-155872.JPG
View Quote
Seems high to me. I almost bought a new 2016 Trail Premium with KDSS for $38,400 or so in late 2016. I guess it depends on how much value you put in the lift and those wheels, but with almost 20k miles already, I think it's high.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Seems high to me. I almost bought a new 2016 Trail Premium with KDSS for $38,400 or so in late 2016. I guess it depends on how much value you put in the lift and those wheels, but with almost 20k miles already, I think it's high.
View Quote
The wheels are about $280/each new, and the tires about $300/each, plus whatever installation would be. I don't know how much a lift costs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hell no. That price is more than a brand new limited or TE with KDSS. Those wheels and tires are homo and I bet the "lift" is a POS spacer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I hope to get one soon...
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I paid $37,100 for a new 2017 Premium no 3rd row but with moonroof
View Quote

OTD with tags and tax?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OTD with tags and tax?
View Quote

No tax and $189 doc fee came out to $38889
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#31]
So I got my dealer to come off $4K on a new 2016 SR5. I was looking at the premium but the more I thought about it, I could do the fabric or the softtex, didn't care for the moon roof or heated seats.

$33k sale price with mats, cargo tray, and TRD Grill installed. Good to Fo?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok, so I didn't post pics, I fail.  Getting right at 14.1 mpg, all city.

Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ok, so I didn't post pics, I fail.  Getting right at 14.1 mpg, all city.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff86/richonsa/4runner_zpsgcqjbqrp.jpg
View Quote
Nice, I just picked up a 2017 Limited, as you can see earlier in this thread the itch finally got to me. Go register at http://www.toyota-4runner.org and prepare your wallet. I'm already looking at mods and only have 100 miles on it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nice, I just picked up a 2017 Limited. Go register at http://www.toyota-4runner.org and prepare your wallet. I'm already looking at mods and only have 100 miles on it.
View Quote
Yeah, you read my mind. I've been looking at lift kits, tires, roof racks, and LEDs.  Dang toys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top