Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 11:43:18 PM EDT
I have a truck that is having some rust issues.the bed mounts are rusting away, and the bed has some spots too. It a short bed truck and I was looking at the M101 and M105 trailers for a bed swap.

I have mostly seen them on long beds,but a very few short beds. Does anyone have one they can help with measurements? I can't get good answers off the internet,amd the plaque doesn't help.

I am looking for measurements from the front of the bed/cargo area to the front of the wheel well,fromt to center line of the wheel well. And width outside to outside of the cargo area.

Are there different lengths of these trailers too? Seen some M105s that look shorter than others too.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a shortbed 75 dodge that I'd love to put a step-side on, but they're rare.  That is a tempting idea there.  I may be able to look at one really quick tomorrow when I make a run to the cannibalization point (wrecking yard for military vehicles).  All the small trailers I work on now are 1101 or 1102 trailers.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Was finally able to get some measurements today.  All the trailers there looked to be the same length.  I couldn't recall the measurements you needed, so I just took some.

Front of cargo to center of wheel well 65"

wheel well at bottom 40"

length of cargo bed 113"

width outside cargo at bottom 82.5"

width inside cargo 73.5"

width outside cargo at top 77.5"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top