Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2016 7:11:25 PM EDT
Buy a new vehicle that I'm going to keep for a while. Is Schaeffer oil better than the major brands or just snake oil compared against Amsoil, M1, etc.

Please - looking for personal experience with the oil not regurgitated online info.

Thx

GP

ETA - motor oil only
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Are we talking motor oil or other fluids . Any name brand synthetic will be fine . I have not seen enough benefits with the boutique brands to justify the added cost . We and raced on both Mobil and Valvoline . The only additive we found that showed an improvement was put out of business by the EPA for high lead amounts . I have 369,000 miles on my Honda with factory filters and Mobile 1 oil , The trans I used the factory fluid .

On the other hand Schaeffer makes nice stuff . I have used it with no issues in the rear and trans . Racing we usually dump engine oil every 4-6 races
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
With today's tech not any better than any other oil you can buy at AutoZone IMO. It's basically a Amsoil type pyramid scheme "independent dealer" buisness mostly in the upper midwest. I worked with a guy that sold it on the side...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used it for about 10 years. Great stuff although not cheap.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless you're putting it in a high performance car that you plan to track, then the answer is no, just run Mobil1 full synthetic and buy a quality oil filter with the saved money.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:49:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top