Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like basically everyone else has said, if that is what it is buy it RIGHT NOW. Hell, if it's a bone stock tahoe optioned like that with that many miles buy it right now.

But I don't really get it...so he buys a lingenfelter modded vehicle.  He has to be a car enthusiast.  I mean I guess someone could "accidentally" buy one but would they over pay that much, talk about it being modded by them, and then have the supporting paperwork or even know why it was valuable enough to keep/send to OP?  So, assuming he is a car enthusiast, he probably knows/hangs out with other car enthusiasts.  If he's been talking about selling, why haven't they snatched it up?  Or casually browsed car forums and seen what it is worth?

And when is the last time anyone selling a vehicle told you that they'd sell it for less than what you offered to come to their house with a dolly and pick it up?

For sure, there may be more to the story to explain this. I just say this to say, if anyone can provide OP with a little more info on what to physically look for to make sure it's an actual lingenfelter conversion it might be beneficial to OP.

But then again, if he lied and its a bone stock Tahoe like that for 5k it's still a deal. .

I personally hope it's legit, OP gets a screaming deal, and then posts some pics.
View Quote

I don't know what to tell you...other than things have unfolded, up to this point, as I've described.
As I said, I've known him for some time and he's a pretty stand-up guy. And I know the truck exists, and is a legit LPE conversion.
I am in complete agreement with your last sentence though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I personally hope it's legit, OP gets a screaming deal, and then posts some pics.
View Quote

standing by (not so) patiently for pics.............................

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish I. Ever found this thread.... As a 1998 daily Tahoe driver I'm sooo envious
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to be standing by for a ride in it. I know you'll scare the shit out of me with the Vette, so it's only fair to do the same to you with the Tahoe.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
you have till next Sat to post pics of it and you holding a sign that says "I bought it Arfcom"..or I will ban you!

View Quote

That's a little drastic, no?  
I don't know if it'll happen by Sat...If I'm banned, how can I post pics when I do get it?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Supercharger on top of a plastic intake?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's a little drastic, no?  

I don't know if it'll happen by Sat...If I'm banned, how can I post pics when I do get it?  
View Quote

I'll give you an assist......after a ride!  

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I  paid 6K last Jan for a 96 Fleetwood with 45K on it. I would have no problem putting 5 K on that truck/suv.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:14:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Minor Update - The owner texted these pics to me tonight.

Looks like he's the second owner and that it had Lingenfelter's 6 liter engine put in it...not just a super charger put on the stock 5.3 liter engine. Also had their H/D (heavy duty, I assume) transmission and heads.

All in all, not a cheap package.

http://i.imgur.com/BeA2USt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/n4BR8Vu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2bil1Ji.jpg
View Quote

Huh. Lingenfelter uses K&N Filters. They must not have seen the internets about them...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Huh. Lingenfelter uses K&N Filters. They must not have seen the internets about them...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Minor Update - The owner texted these pics to me tonight.
Looks like he's the second owner and that it had Lingenfelter's 6 liter engine put in it...not just a super charger put on the stock 5.3 liter engine. Also had their H/D (heavy duty, I assume) transmission and heads.
All in all, not a cheap package.
http://i.imgur.com/BeA2USt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n4BR8Vu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2bil1Ji.jpg

At least they are smart enough to use NGK plugs.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
my accent must have confused you.    I was being a smartass.
View Quote

I'm sorry, I was too...I've been told I have a dry sense of humor at times.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I must not have either...what did I miss?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The composite intakes don't flex or contract like many steel ones of old do.

Nobody swaps composite for anything else.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Gotta keep in mind, any production engine built in the last two decades has been port/direct fuel injection, and a throttle body in the front (or side) for air. Just about any late model super charger takes places of the entire intake, not on top of like carbed engines. Kinda hard to push air through the top of one of the new ones.

To the OP.

Fo, fo like you have never fo'd before.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
No.

The supercharger assembly  REPLACES the plastic intake manifold completely.

Intake   ( manifold) gaskets are pressed into the blower housing, and it  sits directly ON the cylinder heads.

. Actually   more compact, and runs QUIETER than the stock  plastic topped engine.

""Quoted:

Huh. Lingenfelter uses K&N Filters. They must not have seen the internets about them... ""

...Around HERE, We  leave the  provided K&N "filter" substitute in the box, and run  a conventional paper filter in the OEM AIR FILTER housing...

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#19]
That does it, I'm tired of waiting. I'm going to NC to buy it myself
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That does it, I'm tired of waiting. I'm going to NC to buy it myself
View Quote
Do It...

You will NOT regret it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 5.3 with leaky intake manifold gaskets says they expand and contract enough to cause leaks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:49:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's one of those 9mm vs .45 arguments.
K&N claims horse power gains, non believers say that's bs despite dyno run proof.
Then there is the "the oil from the filters will mess up your MAF sensor" claims.
I had a K&N in a 92 caprice. Didn't notice any hp gains but it didn't mess up my MAF sensor either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must not have either...what did I miss?
It's one of those 9mm vs .45 arguments.
K&N claims horse power gains, non believers say that's bs despite dyno run proof.
Then there is the "the oil from the filters will mess up your MAF sensor" claims.
I had a K&N in a 92 caprice. Didn't notice any hp gains but it didn't mess up my MAF sensor either.

And then there's multiple tests done that show K&N lets more dirt into the motor than an OEM filter.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:09:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My 5.3 with leaky intake manifold gaskets says they expand and contract enough to cause leaks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leaks? Pulley down, push more air in. Air is FREE.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#24]
OP what dafuk? Lets do this shit...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OP what dafuk? Lets do this shit...
View Quote

Sorry guys, It's just taking awhile to save up the $$...I don't have several thousand dollars just lying around doing nothing.
In related news, unlike most of Arfcom...I don't have a six-figure salary, five overflowing gun safes, a 10" penis or a super-model girlfriend.      
I'm just a normal dude saving up to buy it. It'll happen. And again, when it does...this will be the first place I come to gloat and post pics.    
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#26]
cant wait for pics

good luck on your mission
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I am waiting for this
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#29]
If you can't come up with the money, tell your guy I'll take it. I'm in NC also!
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 2:06:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:umm..this is a condition of membership?

View All Quotes
Quoted:umm..this is a condition of membership?

Somehow, I slipped through the cracks.
You always hear the saying, "Everyone has their 10%"...I'm arfcom's.    

Quoted:
If you can't come up with the money, tell your guy I'll take it. I'm in NC also!

He's aware there's a legion of gun-nuts ready to swoop in and close the deal, should I renege.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#31]
So, I STILL don't have it.
But I went by his house this evening and snapped a few pics.
It's been sitting outside in his driveway since he's owned it, and looks a little rough (dirty). But I'm pretty confident it'll clean up well and look good as new.

Needs a thorough detailing, with wax, new tires, new headlights, new daytime running lights/turn signals, new fog/driving lights, new...?
He wasn't home, so I couldn't get any good pics of the interior...but it looked gtg. Needs detailed, like the rest of it, but otherwise in good shape.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#32]
No engine pics?
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No engine pics?
View Quote

Nope...again, he wasn't home and it was locked up.
Soon.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Very nice.  I hope you are able to pick it up soon and let us know how crazy fast it is.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Too late, guys. I used the EXIF data from the posted pics to locate the truck and had it picked up on a flatbed today.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#36]
You need to post a video of it running I want to hear it
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok OP,

Here's more info for you as this truck doesn't simply look like some engine swap that was done by Joe's garage with purchased Lingenfelter products.  No, this looks like a truck that was a full package that was built at lingenfelter's Indiana performance shop.

1. Painted fender flares only showed up on the Z71 Tahoe and Cadillacs
2. chrome door handles are a Cadillac feature
3. very unique custom SS style hood.  check out those louvers
4. SS looking wheels that seem to replicate the GM SS silverado's
5. Looks like a Corsa exhaust
6.  custom LPE badging
7. custom roof rack rails
8. custom side rocker lower body molding
9. custom tail lights
10. billet grille
11. looks lowered too

There's more I'll notice when I have more time to look it over.

Put what I'm saying this was a full on build by LPE, which totally puts it in a different class than just an engine swap or super charger install.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:06:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So, I STILL don't have it.
But I went by his house this evening and snapped a few pics.
It's been sitting outside in his driveway since he's owned it, and looks a little rough (dirty). But I'm pretty confident it'll clean up well and look good as new.
<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/motorfive/media/20161029_172927.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/motorfive/20161029_172927.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/motorfive/media/20161029_172846.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/motorfive/20161029_172846.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/motorfive/media/20161029_172959.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/motorfive/20161029_172959.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/motorfive/media/Untitled.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/motorfive/Untitled.jpg</a>
Needs a thorough detailing, with wax, new tires, new headlights, new daytime running lights/turn signals, new fog/driving lights, new...?
He wasn't home, so I couldn't get any good pics of the interior...but it looked gtg. Needs detailed, like the rest of it, but otherwise in good shape.
View Quote

She's a very sexy girl.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Rusted out front wheels due to brake dust isnt confidence inspiring in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:49:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Rusted out front wheels due to brake dust isnt confidence inspiring in more ways than one.
View Quote

Aluminum doesn't rust, they are dirty as shit though, and possibly pitted/corroded.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#41]
That's like the BJJ/crossfit girl. Strong and sexy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Aluminum doesn't rust, they are dirty as shit though, and possibly pitted/corroded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't rust slang for "oxidized metal"?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#43]
If OP you don't buy it, I will give you $2500 more, than purchase price and be on my way in the AM. So a $2500 finders fee for you. I would never sell it and would be in a loving home.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If OP you don't buy it, I will give you $2500 more, than purchase price and be on my way in the AM. So a $2500 finders fee for you. I would never sell it and would be in a loving home.
View Quote

Thanks, but, no.
I'm not going to say I'd NEVER sell it, but it wouldn't be any time soon...and it'll be in a loving home til I did.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I was the OP I'd take you up on your offer and then use this additional money to buy something that I really really wanted and not think bad about it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
is it sitting in your driveway? Is it registered to you?
Does Zoe have a 10" penis?
if the answer to any of these is no..then you don't own it!

View Quote

No, no and    
Good points, but I do know where it is and who's selling it...fwiw
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I know this has been the biggest tease, and for that, I apologize...but I'm FINALLY going to pick it up in the morning.
Taking everything to do an oil change on the spot, then I'm taking it to a shop to have all the other fluids changed...trans, diff's, coolant, etc.
Also going to have a basic "tune-up" done, plugs, filters, etc...and a good "going over".
Anything else I'm missing?
Thanks for bearing with me and being patient...more to come!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:56:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Did you really get it for $5000?  If so I'll give you $6000 right now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 5:23:16 AM EDT
[#50]
DO NOT let some dumbass  at parts counter  "select" critical tune up parts.
GM did NOT build that engine, and nobody at  NAPA, oreillys, or autozone  will know what  your manifold pressure, or  the correct heat range of spark plug you need.

Unless you ARE actually drag racing, and running methanol, I recommend starting with the NGK TR6 spark plug. they are cheap, and will get you in the ball park.

TR6  SHOULD be safe up to 10 or 12 pounds of boost.

If you are going to get crazy, find something in the 7 heat range, and a TUNER to babysit your first few full throttle runs.

. FIND out from the builder what the fuel pressure is supposed to BE under boost conditions, and keep an eye on the fuel pressure EVERYTIME you go full throttle.  If you lose fuel pressure  under full boost, you will melt pistons immediately.  

That year Tahoe has a frame mounted, inline fuel filter, change it immediately, and ANNUALLY.

KNOW what your octane requirements are, if you get caught out in the bush, and have to put in 87 octane, stay real light on the throttle, maybe keep a couple gallons of toluene,acetone, or whatever your TUNER  recommends. Toluene is 114 octane,  Acetone is around 130.

If your wife, or kids are using the rig, warn them  about traction on wet roads, ease into the throttle, and if Tahoe starts to get sideways, to EASE out of the throttle... If it is tuned properly, it will get  squirrely on wet pavement.   Any questions about driveability,  download the tune, shoot me a PM, I will  take a look at what you have.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top