Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 10:50:22 PM EDT
New engine for Harley's 2017 Touring bikes is the Milwaukee-Eight.  Eight for 8 valves or 4 per cylinder.  Two displacements offered, a 107 CID that has oil cooled heads or a 114 CID with liquid twin cooling heads.  Should be the most powerful and coolest running of Harley's motors.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:17:28 AM EDT
[#1]
They still run on coal that you have to shovel in on the side? What about the power takeoff? Is it still standard? Because I need to get the old well pump working...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
There goes Rushmore resale values!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Will this be a "Bubble Head" or "Wet Head".
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh my god, harley has finally caught up with 1980's technology and everyone loses their mind over it.  I cant believe people pay so much money for so little.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a LOT of valves..

How many CAMS  does it have ?

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a LOT of valves..

View Quote

Bet it's still just 1.  Will probably have rods on both sides, and will look symetrical with both plugs per head.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bet it's still just 1.  Will probably have rods on both sides, and will look symetrical with both plugs per head.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a LOT of valves..

Yep. It is just one cam.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#8]
But will it sound like a Harley because that's important.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The 114 engine is water cooled and only available on the CVOs.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:09:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I think its a solid blend of the best features of the evo and twin cam evo.
Gerator oil pump from twin cam
4 valves per cylinder...that shit is old as dirt.
However new cylinder geometry and higher compression by liquid cooling exhaust valve are of heads is pretty smart
Less moving parts than twin cam

Basically replace all the shitty bearings in the motor. Replace the pipe, seat,handle bars
Suspension and u can have a great bike.

Im never paying more for than 5k for another Harley.

To much junk that needs to be upgraded. Most of it is foreign made.
Suspension, ECM,BCM
Ill stick w buying cheap fxrs and hammered dynas
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:05:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Nobody needs an assault motor with that many valves.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think its a solid blend of the best features of the evo and twin cam evo.
Gerator oil pump from twin cam
4 valves per cylinder...that shit is old as dirt.
However new cylinder geometry and higher compression by liquid cooling exhaust valve are of heads is pretty smart
Less moving parts than twin cam

Basically replace all the shitty bearings in the motor. Replace the pipe, seat,handle bars
Suspension and u can have a great bike.

Im never paying more for than 5k for another Harley.

To much junk that needs to be upgraded. Most of it is foreign made.
Suspension, ECM,BCM
Ill stick w buying cheap fxrs and hammered dynas
View Quote

seems like that is every bike on the market.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#13]
But will they ever find the balls to publish HP numbers?

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why wouldn't they?
I saw one today, it is beautiful!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Curious how the reviews go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why wouldn't they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't they?

Because they don't.  
They put torque in the brochures, but shy away from HP because it is so low compared to the competitions v twins.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Because they don't.  

They put torque in the brochures, but shy away from HP because it is so low compared to the competitions v twins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why wouldn't they?

Because they don't.  

I was in a HD dealer recently getting a couple parts to fix someone else's bike. A 2016 Lowrider caught my eye with the 110 Screaming Eagle engine. Good looking bike. I asked the sales guy the HP number on these and he said 96. 96 fucking horsepower from a 110 ci engine on a 600 pound machine.

Shits weak.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Found out today that only a limited number of 2017 V-Rods will be produced.  Will be discontinued after that.  Wonder if the Revolution engine will be killed or find its way into the Sportster line.  They would be similar to the Indian Scout.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

42 hp

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:A 2016 Lowrider caught my eye with the 110 Screaming Eagle engine. Good looking bike. I asked the sales guy the HP number on these and he said 96. 96 fucking horsepower from a 110 ci engine on a 600 pound machine.

Shits weak.
View Quote

96 is at the crank.

On an actual dyno, you're closer to 82 with the 110cid.  90 lb-ft from 2200rpm to 4500rpm or so is nice, but with the gearing on most of these, that's not a particularly wide powerband.  

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2015/10/article/2016-softail-slim-s-harley-twin-cam-110-dyno-chart/

ETA : this absolutely blows the 96 into the weeds, stock-for-stock.  Those still weren't doing much over 70HP on dynos, in most cases...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Found out today that only a limited number of 2017 V-Rods will be produced.  Will be discontinued after that.  Wonder if the Revolution engine will be killed or find its way into the Sportster line.  They would be similar to the Indian Scout.
View Quote

It was basically rejected by the HD market. Sometimes I think HD would like to do something different, but just can't because their clientele will just reject it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was in a HD dealer recently getting a couple parts to fix someone else's bike. A 2016 Lowrider caught my eye with the 110 Screaming Eagle engine. Good looking bike. I asked the sales guy the HP number on these and he said 96. 96 fucking horsepower from a 110 ci engine on a 600 pound machine.

Shits weak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't they?

Because they don't.  

Shits weak.

That's like going shopping for a pickup truck and buying based on which one gets the best fuel economy.

If you're buying a Harley (or any cruiser) based on peak horsepower, you are VERY confused.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That's like going shopping for a pickup truck and buying based on which one gets the best fuel economy.

If you're buying a Harley (or any cruiser) based on peak horsepower, you are VERY confused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why wouldn't they?

Because they don't.  

Shits weak.

So why do people mod their Harley's?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same reason people mod almost any other vehicle out there. To make the vehicle the way they want it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Same reason people mod almost any other vehicle out there. To make the vehicle the way they want it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The common complaint is they are down on power. And they are.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then buy a crotch rocket. Problem solved. Not everyone wants a crotch rocket though.

Neither one of my Harleys needs anymore HP.

Link

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Then buy a crotch rocket. Problem solved. Not everyone wants a crotch rocket though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already have a crotch rocket actually. Recently I rode a 150 hp adventure bike. It was such an amazing motorcycle to ride. The usable power it had was very impressive. I've ridden HD's plenty. They're good at turning gasoline into noise without making power.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Already have a crotch rocket actually. Recently I rode a 150 hp adventure bike. It was such an amazing motorcycle to ride. The usable power it had was very impressive. I've ridden HD's plenty. They're good at turning gasoline into noise without making power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're also targeting a different audience as well. Different strokes different folks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#29]
That's why I gave my opinion of the $18k 2016 bike I saw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top