Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2016 3:10:46 PM EDT
so, the cruise went out on this fine beast. all fuses are good, wheel speed sensors ohm out all fine, brake switch makes the lights work correctly. So that leads me to believe its the switch on the master cylinder.

Now I don't know which one of these switches is the one I need to fix.

This one on the side of the MC

Or this one on the back of the MC

It also has had the recall done where they install the fuse so this thing doesn't catch fire.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a clue but I just bought a 2007 motor home with the V-10 so I am here to learn.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a clue but I just bought a 2007 motor home with the V-10 so I am here to learn.
View Quote

motor homes are awesome, this one is my dad's I actually have a 5th wheel.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so we got it for road trips with the dogs and so I could have my own space when visiting the kids on the holidays.
How do you secure your weapons?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I hope so we got it for road trips with the dogs and so I could have my own space when visiting the kids on the holidays.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same way I do in my truck, in the glove box or on my person, I want to put a safe in the closet by my bed too.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay, so I was able to locate the two part numbers.

6U9Z-2B264-A

AND THIS ONE

3L3Z-9F924-AB

Now I need to know which one would cause the cruise not to work, I would assume that the one that says, cruise control switch would be the culprit,
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The same way I do in my truck, in the glove box or on my person, I want to put a safe in the closet by my bed too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am having to scale back on my plans of multiple rifles shotguns and pistols. It just doesn't seem like a vacation without the whole family...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I am having to scale back on my plans of multiple rifles shotguns and pistols. It just doesn't seem like a vacation without the whole family...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just load up a really big safe and sleep on a smaller bed,
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#9]
You seem to have a grip on this
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You seem to have a grip on this
View Quote

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have it figured out, I also don't know if anyone cares but if you are using ford's online parts search system and you input your vin then you can click the online chat session and ask the CSR for the full ford parts numbers instead of the call out numbers like the online system only gives.

I'm going to do an AAR on how it went
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The switch you have pictured is a level sensor for brake fluid and has nothing to do with the cruise control.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The switch you have pictured is a level sensor for brake fluid and has nothing to do with the cruise control.
View Quote

Thanks for clearing that up, so ill have to change the switch in be back.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought the fire switch cruise control switch was on the front of the master cylinder on those Fords.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I thought the fire switch cruise control switch was on the front of the master cylinder on those Fords.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M8b60ab6436ccd486d3a535aef732b186o0&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
View Quote

it isn't on the motor home, verified by ford schematic, but on my F250 it's on the bottom front of the MC.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I found a location pic for the switch. IM me your email and I'll send it to you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I found a location pic for the switch. IM me your email and I'll send it to you.
View Quote

Awesome thanks!
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#17]
update, didn't change the switch out yet because my dad brought it to the only dealer in town (not a ford dealer) and they threw the RV on the diagnostic tool and it's showing an code that says the ABS system isn't communicating. There isn't an abs light on the dash though, which I find odd. One would have to assume that the code means the ABS module is bad or there is a wiring issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top