Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/5/2016 10:35:56 AM EDT

He idles this f'ing car for hours a day, red-lines it multiple times a day, and does burn-outs on our street, "testing" his engine swap and turbo addition (with a completely obvious fake temporary tag). Two exhaust pipes come out through the hood, cut almost flush, front bumper/grille removed to give him a place to mount the intercooler.

Picture is after 20 minutes of idling, any hope he's got a head gasket leak and will grenade it sometime soon?

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Stop hatin'

ETA: Have you considered walking over and expressing concern about the plume of white smoke and possible head gasket issues? Might give him enough worry to not do hooligan shit all the time and perhaps it'll send it away to a shop for a while.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Prince George's County

Did I win?

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Prince George's County

Did I win?
View Quote

Nope.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of car is it?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stop hatin'

ETA: Have you considered walking over and expressing concern about the plume of white smoke and possible head gasket issues? Might give him enough worry to not do hooligan shit all the time and perhaps it'll send it away to a shop for a while.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Stop hatin'

I did a few weeks ago when I saw the smoke and the car idling unattended, I thought it had lost a radiator hose.
"It's ok, it's got a turbo" was his response.

Quoted:
What kind of car is it?

Early 90s Honda Civic from what I can tell, MD allows historic tags at 20 years with no emissions inspection, so I can't figure out why he hasn't gotten legitimate tags yet.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#6]
MYOB
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
MYOB
View Quote

Kinda hard when his red-lining interrupts my kid's nap time and my work phone calls.
Or the burn-out past the kids waiting for the elementary school bus.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like this problem is going to work itself out soon enough
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Kinda hard when his red-lining interrupts my kid's nap time and my work phone calls.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MYOB

Kharn

If he is breaking the law, call the po-po.

If he isn't, then CSB.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#10]
There was a kid in our neighborhood who kept speeding around. After many attempts to talk to him about it, some  hooligan thought it might be a good idea to spray paint the words slow down on his car.

Don't do that... It's illegal.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Redlining it in the driveway is a slow death.

If he ever floors it in 5th and hits boost with high load, then you'll find out how good homeboys tuning skills are.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Ricers, man....
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Not sure but it's inevitable. Please take pics when he does
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Anne Arundel Co???
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Going with Hagerstown.....
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Wrong side of Baltimore for all the guesses.
Quoted:
There was a kid in our neighborhood who kept speeding around. After many attempts to talk to him about it, some  hooligan thought it might be a good idea to spray paint the words slow down on his car.

Don't do that... It's illegal.
View Quote

I've thought about a sheet of 4x8' OSB on legs to put at the front of the driveway saying "Stop being a douche" in 2' high letters, and I'd never lose it and leave it at the front of the wrong driveway.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#17]
If actual next door neighbor, leave nasty stinking baby diaper trashcan at property line closest to that neighbor?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If actual next door neighbor, leave nasty stinking baby diaper trashcan at property line closest to that neighbor?
View Quote

I think the white stuff would make it freeze and cause no smell.  I'm no expert with either though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I've heard of people (very bad people) putting spray foam (the expanding kind) into peoples mufflers.  Don't do that.  It's illegal.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#21]
May be moisture collected in the downpipe and wastegate dump that are exiting the hood.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think the white stuff would make it freeze and cause no smell.  I'm no expert with either though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has to thaw some time and spring is right around the corner.   Gives plenty of time to build up a mighty stash for the thaw.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#23]
It would be terribly illegal if one were to wire his throttle open and disconnect the cable linkage.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
May be moisture collected in the downpipe and wastegate dump that are exiting the hood.
View Quote

It sounds like he has nothing after the turbo,  just a split and elbows to exit the hood.  Definitely no muffler, and with the pipes coming out far forward on the hood,  i don't think he has a front cat. It smokes whenever it is idling, no smoke when he's going around the block.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It sounds like he has nothing after the turbo,  just a split and elbows to exit the hood.  Definitely no muffler, and with the pipes coming out far forward on the hood,  i don't think he has a front cat. It smokes whenever it is idling, no smoke when he's going around the block.

Kharn

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Fuck it call the state police and the EPA
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Mention how cool H2O car show is, OC loves revenue generators with smoke and burnouts
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Depends on the motor swap, they can run a really long time with shot rings and a blown headgasket.

It's a 92-95 Civic hatchback, no body side moldings or rear wiper so it was a CX or DX. It could have a D, B or K series Honda under the hood, most likely a  D or B series.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Depends on the motor swap, they can run a really long time with shot rings and a blown headgasket.

It's a 92-95 Civic hatchback, no body side moldings or rear wiper so it was a CX or DX. It could have a D, B or K series Honda under the hood, most likely a  D or B series.
View Quote

Damn it.
I should've taken a pic of the donor car when it was still around, it only took them a month to get it towed away after the engine was removed. It was a Honda/Acura 4-door of slightly better styling and probably newer, but I don't remember anything else.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mention how cool H2O car show is, OC loves revenue generators with smoke and burnouts
View Quote

I don't know if this car would make it to the next county, much less OC.
Today he was driving it to the stop sign at the end of the street and back, checking the car out for 10-15 minutes, then back to the sign, for a good two hours.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seafoam smoke show.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't know if your neighbor owns a grenade.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#32]
92-00 Civics are the AR 15 of the import car world. Cheap, plentiful and parts from higher Civic trim levels and The 94-01 Integra bolt right on. They also have huge aftermarket parts support. If he's got a little $, he will be annoying you for quite some time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:24:20 AM EDT
[#33]
First time he woke up my 9 month old would have resulted in a serious face to face conversation.  In my experience, things like this only get worse, and will not stop even if the car explodes...
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Kharn

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

It's common on 1000+ hp drag Honda's.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Never, it's a Honda.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/76265089+w+h+q80+re0+cr1/exhaust.jpg

....and it's still FWD?  How the hell does that work....

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
First time he woke up my 9 month old would have resulted in a serious face to face conversation.  In my experience, things like this only get worse, and will not stop even if the car explodes...
View Quote

That is cute.   And when he blew you off or ignored you then what?

Hope you do not have any annoying habits like barking dogs or other bullshit that would be akin to rocks thrown inside of a glass house.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#38]
That is cute. And when he blew you off or ignored you then what?
View Quote

Most people respond well to adult conversations, especially if you lay out your concerns in a civil manner.  If he ignored me, then the next step is involving the local sheriff department.  

Hope you do not have any annoying habits like barking dogs or other bullshit that would be akin to rocks thrown inside of a glass house.  
View Quote

Nope, no dogs or any other "annoying habits"....plus, having 220+ acres makes for great neighbors...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Slicks, traction bars and a wheelie bar that preloads the front tires.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

His configuration is weird, there's two pipes, 12" left and right of the centerline, maybe 10" from the front edge of the hood. Both are exhaust, I don't recall a wastegate pipe and I haven't heard one in all of his playing.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/Ozrx4KZ.jpg
He idles this f'ing car for hours a day, red-lines it multiple times a day, and does burn-outs on our street, "testing" his engine swap and turbo addition (with a completely obvious fake temporary tag). Two exhaust pipes come out through the hood, cut almost flush, front bumper/grille removed to give him a place to mount the intercooler.

Picture is after 20 minutes of idling, any hope he's got a head gasket leak and will grenade it sometime soon?

Kharn
View Quote

A hell of a lot quicker if some sweet and low happened to find its way into his gas tank. Just naming a hypothetical.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

I assume that bung is for a wideband, not an O2 ?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#43]
It's almost comical reading these comments.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#44]
reminds me of this

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Help him beef up his block;

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:36:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Most people respond well to adult conversations, especially if you lay out your concerns in a civil manner.  If he ignored me, then the next step is involving the local sheriff department.  

Nope, no dogs or any other "annoying habits"....plus, having 220+ acres makes for great neighbors...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well 220 acres would allow the guy to pretty much run anything he wants and not wake your kid.

Reason I mention yappy dogs, because I am only on 1/3 an acre, is due to a bitch neighbor behind me.   Dog yaps constantly all day.   Meanwhile my 720+ hours of overtime in a year ass has to occassionally get up at 2am to goto work.

You would think the time I went round the neighborhood to check in with neighbors, after seeing a suspicious vehicle with what was possibly a hooker and her john using their culdusac as a stop and blow, would have won me some favors.    That was my chance to play nice and the first time I put bitch tits on polite notice to please shut her dog up.

6 months later and it is nice time of year for sleeping with windows open again.   Low and behold still nothing done about shit dog.   Tried over 2 weeks to knock on door and never got an answer.    Finally called the cops, an allied agency that rarely responds to barking dog calls, actually showed up and did something within 15 minutes of my call.    Only the rookie cop decided to try to play off the call.   First it was telling me he drove by and didnt hear a dog barking.   So I had him meet me in my drive way.   As the dog is barking he tells me he heard a dog barking but it didnt sound like it was coming from the house in question.   As we stand there he tells me the dog that we both clearly hear barking doesnt sound like it is coming from that house.   I look at him like he is the retarded lying joke that he is and call his bluff.    Asked him to goto the surrounding neighbors that I have talked to, the virtual lynch mob I was about to form, and to talk to all the neighbors to isolate just which damn yard holds the dog that we both hear.   That or he could take my 5 years of living at the house as experience enough.

He tries a cop out to put it on animal control which is a "i don't want to handle this call" excuse.    By the way,  my own department has policy telling me I will handle such calls and not pawn it off on Animal Control.

Finally he agrees to do his job and asks me if I want him to go talk to her.  Herp derp, well yeah that was the whole point of the call and asking for contact so I could directly make the request.    10 minutes after he leaves bitch tits takes her yappy POS inside and shuts up.   Satisfying in that hey imagine that, it must have been the dog I was talking about after all.   Annoying in that I had to argue with some snot nose with barely a year on that should have just been up front with me instead of trying to lie and bullshit his way out of the call for service.

2 weeks later though it is near christmas and I am talking with my nextdoor neighbor I like.   Bitch tits drives by and sarcastically yells out the window "merrrrrryyyy christmas neeeeeighbooor".   As if a threat or just to be a bitch.

Guess the friendly rookie cop decided to help things along by ratting out the reporting party.   It is okay, karma has a way of coming around and I will see him again some day and will likely be able to blue falcon him.

Few more spats back and forth where she deliberately hung around to instigate shit, from a woman who evidently now has something to prove(that she is an indignant bitch), and it is obvious there was nothing good to come from any interaction with her.

What does this all have to do with loud cars and the police?

Well it was going to end with fantasies of petty revenge annoying loud exhausts and waking the neighbor from her sleep some hung over sunday morning.   Fantasies that shall never be fulfilled for one simple reason.

Basically for the OP...

Messing with people who may have nothing to lose and everything to gain is not smart.    Even just calling the cops so you don't have to deal with their stupid asses may be, in the eyes of the idiots, doing too much.

Meanwhile you have everything to lose.   And that is why I edited out my sordid fantasies of Ride of the Valkaries and straight pipe headers aimed at her bedroom window.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:24:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Messing with people who may have nothing to lose and everything to gain is not smart. Even just calling the cops so you don't have to deal with their stupid asses may be, in the eyes of the idiots, doing too much.
View Quote

Not sure how to respond, but I will say this...when others actions have a negative effect on me or my family, I call them on it.  I'm not rude, confrontational, or aggressive, but I am very up front and direct and do not leave any room for doubt or misunderstanding.  So far, it has worked for me...

...that being said, it is funny you mentioned the "barking dog".  My parents have a second house about an hour away, sort of a vacation spot for them, and its in a decent middle class (retired) neighborhood.  My wife and I go there frequently, and take the kids.  House directly across the street has two large dogs fenced in, and they bark all day.  Everyday.  At everything.  Car drives by?  Barking. Squirrel in a tree?  Barking.  Pigeon farts in San Francisco?  Barking.  You couldn't do anything outside without having to listen to these dogs carry on non stop.  Of course, these jackasses don't care because they are gone all day.  We met with the neighbors to share our concerns, and were pretty much told "We are at work, what do you want us to do about it??".  We asked them again on a different occasion, and were met with the same response.  Well, that's fine....we have our own solution.  I work nights, and staying up is no problem.  So, instead of working on the boat during the day, I set up shop lights and did it at night.  Truck needed washing?  3am on a Tuesday morning sounds great to me.  Hmmm, grass is a little high in the back yard, and those headlights on the mower have to be there for a reason, right??  Yeah, after about a week and a half of this, the dogs miraculously got shock collars...and the neighborhood is once again peaceful.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Chances are he doesn't have insurance

Hopefully it doesn't catch fire. That'd be a shame
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

His configuration is weird, there's two pipes, 12" left and right of the centerline, maybe 10" from the front edge of the hood. Both are exhaust, I don't recall a wastegate pipe and I haven't heard one in all of his playing.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Kharn

The pipe on the passenger side is the washer fluid fill and the one on the drivers side is actually the gas fill. Be neighborly and top them up for him
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Well 220 acres would allow the guy to pretty much run anything he wants and not wake your kid.

Reason I mention yappy dogs, because I am only on 1/3 an acre, is due to a bitch neighbor behind me.   Dog yaps constantly all day.   Meanwhile my 720+ hours of overtime in a year ass has to occassionally get up at 2am to goto work.

You would think the time I went round the neighborhood to check in with neighbors, after seeing a suspicious vehicle with what was possibly a hooker and her john using their culdusac as a stop and blow, would have won me some favors.    That was my chance to play nice and the first time I put bitch tits on polite notice to please shut her dog up.

6 months later and it is nice time of year for sleeping with windows open again.   Low and behold still nothing done about shit dog.   Tried over 2 weeks to knock on door and never got an answer.    Finally called the cops, an allied agency that rarely responds to barking dog calls, actually showed up and did something within 15 minutes of my call.    Only the rookie cop decided to try to play off the call.   First it was telling me he drove by and didnt hear a dog barking.   So I had him meet me in my drive way.   As the dog is barking he tells me he heard a dog barking but it didnt sound like it was coming from the house in question.   As we stand there he tells me the dog that we both clearly hear barking doesnt sound like it is coming from that house.   I look at him like he is the retarded lying joke that he is and call his bluff.    Asked him to goto the surrounding neighbors that I have talked to, the virtual lynch mob I was about to form, and to talk to all the neighbors to isolate just which damn yard holds the dog that we both hear.   That or he could take my 5 years of living at the house as experience enough.

He tries a cop out to put it on animal control which is a "i don't want to handle this call" excuse.    By the way,  my own department has policy telling me I will handle such calls and not pawn it off on Animal Control.

Finally he agrees to do his job and asks me if I want him to go talk to her.  Herp derp, well yeah that was the whole point of the call and asking for contact so I could directly make the request.    10 minutes after he leaves bitch tits takes her yappy POS inside and shuts up.   Satisfying in that hey imagine that, it must have been the dog I was talking about after all.   Annoying in that I had to argue with some snot nose with barely a year on that should have just been up front with me instead of trying to lie and bullshit his way out of the call for service.

2 weeks later though it is near christmas and I am talking with my nextdoor neighbor I like.   Bitch tits drives by and sarcastically yells out the window "merrrrrryyyy christmas neeeeeighbooor".   As if a threat or just to be a bitch.

Guess the friendly rookie cop decided to help things along by ratting out the reporting party.   It is okay, karma has a way of coming around and I will see him again some day and will likely be able to blue falcon him.

Few more spats back and forth where she deliberately hung around to instigate shit, from a woman who evidently now has something to prove(that she is an indignant bitch), and it is obvious there was nothing good to come from any interaction with her.

Well it was going to end with fantasies of petty revenge annoying loud exhausts and waking the neighbor from her sleep some hung over sunday morning.   Fantasies that shall never be fulfilled for one simple reason.

Basically for the OP...

Messing with people who may have nothing to lose and everything to gain is not smart.    Even just calling the cops so you don't have to deal with their stupid asses may be, in the eyes of the idiots, doing too much.

Meanwhile you have everything to lose.   And that is why I edited out my sordid fantasies of Ride of the Valkaries and straight pipe headers aimed at her bedroom window.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Basically for the OP...

You called the cops because of a barking dog?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top