Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 10:45:19 PM EDT
Anybody seen or read anything on next years Superduties?  From Ford's website here I see that they are sacrificing some of the weight savings from the aluminum body to beef up suspension, brakes, frame...etc.  Personally Im cool with that as Im not worried about MPG especially if I go diesel.  However, Im not seeing much besides Fords website which I can understand since its not available to the public yet.  With that said though, what do you guys who know a lot about trucks think about next years models?  

I currently drive a 2014 F150 Supercab with a V6 that was the cheapest model on the lot.  I didnt know a damn thing about trucks when I bought it 2 years ago but now Im a fan and I want an upgrade.  Im seeing great deals on 2016s near me (like $8k below MSRP) but Im also not in a rush.  The last thing I want is to buy on impulse today and find out that next years are waaaaay better.  

Heres one of the models Ive been looking at near me.  Aint she pretty
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard ford was going to break 1000 ft lbs of torque with their diesel  in 2017
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
They had one at the car show in Omaha last weekend.  It was locked so you couldn't get in it but it looked damn sharp.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They had one at the car show in Omaha last weekend.  It was locked so you couldn't get in it but it looked damn sharp.

View Quote

Same thing here in STL over the weekend, it looked really nice.  Probably going to be $$$ as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm bummed that the SD is no longer a completely unique truck, I understand why they are using the F150 cab but I don't like it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm bummed that the SD is no longer a completely unique truck, I understand why they are using the F150 cab but I don't like it.
View Quote

I saw the one at the Houston show, last weekend. It's similar to the F150. There were differences but most of the amenities could be had on both trucks. Ford guys working the booth said they were pretty sure that the Houston example was one of the prototypes. I currently drive a 2012 F350 King Ranch FX4, 6.7 diesel.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I saw the one at the Houston show, last weekend. It's similar to the F150. There were differences but most of the amenities could be had on both trucks. Ford guys working the booth said they were pretty sure that the Houston example was one of the prototypes. I currently drive a 2012 F350 King Ranch FX4, 6.7 diesel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oddly enough I have the same truck as you.

I'm sure the new SD will be a great truck, it just needs to grow on me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is there anything lost (besides cool factor) by switching down to the F150 cab?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
2017/18 will be great yrs for diesel trucks.  
Bring on 1000 ft lbs!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No not really, it was just something unique and cool about the Super Duty.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless they made the new (2015+) cabs wider, you're going to lose some shoulder room compared to the current Super Duty cabs.  On the plus side though, in the crew cab models you'll gain some leg room for the rear seats.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bring on 1000 ft lbs!!!
View Quote

What else is coming out for 2017?  Only other thing I've heard about that was interesting was the Nissan Frontier getting a diesel and ford bringing back the ranger (as the ford F100)
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Ford might be putting a diesel in the F150.
The Nissan Titan diesel is on lots now, and the Frontier might also be getting a 4cyl diesel.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What else is coming out for 2017?  Only other thing I've heard about that was interesting was the Nissan Frontier getting a diesel and ford bringing back the ranger (as the ford F100)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bring on 1000 ft lbs!!!

New ram in 2018
F150 will have a diesel soon.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait?  What?  This is the first I've heard of this.  That's good news....more compatible parts down the road.  I've fixed up '78 F150's and Bronco's, '88/'89 F350, and currently have a '96 F250 ready to go into the shop this spring.  I am soooooo glad that F150-F350 (and F-Superduty) body/interior parts interchange.  It just makes the parts pool that much bigger, and the prices better for poor boys like me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top