Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2016 2:37:02 PM EDT
I used to be fairly active doing several track days a year, but I did them all with NESBA when they were still active in the Midwest.  A couple years ago that all ended and suddenly Nesba was not offering track days in the Midwest anymore.  I tried joining a different organization out of St Louis ran track days at the couple of my favorite tracks . However I was not happy because I got less time on the track, and it cost more, so I more or less took last year off and did not ride any track days at all.

So, now I have the bug to go fast again, but it seems like every track has its own organization that you have to join and that only gets you the one track.  The only national option that I see is STT, but they only have limited days at the tracks and I want to ride, most of their days seem inconvenient to other things that I'm doing - for example on the same weekend as a big 3 gun match or similar.

So where are you burning off your chicken strips at, what organization are you joining to do it, and how well do you like that organization and the way they put on their track days?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you located? What tracks are a reasonable distance to you?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you're in the STL area.  Midwest does days, but I am unsure of what tracks are in that area.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I am smack in the middle of Illinois, 200 miles from Blackhawk, 170 from Joliet, 200 from Putnam, 100 from Gateway...

Putnam is my favorite, Blackhawk is a distant second,  I have not run Joliet or Gateway...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone ride on the track only?  I have been riding sportbikes for years but at this point in my life the risk outweighs the rewards. I still love riding and don't want to completely hang up the helmet. I am currently looking for a track dedicated bike to purchase and hoping to make it a few times this season.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I use my bike like the proverbial swiss army knife...

to

to

to

to

to
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone ride on the track only?  I have been riding sportbikes for years but at this point in my life the risk outweighs the rewards. I still love riding and don't want to completely hang up the helmet. I am currently looking for a track dedicated bike to purchase and hoping to make it a few times this season.
View Quote

I know guys who ride track only, quite a few in fact. I love to ride, year round so I'm not one of those guys.

Don't delude yourself into thinking, however that the track is somehow magically safer than the street. The dangers are simply different.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#7]
if i ever get back into it, it would be track only.  closest track to me is about 3hrs.  

i have no desire to ride on the street, bores the shit out of me.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Not exactly close to you:

http://www.hallettracing.net/

https://www.facebook.com/Heartland-Park-Topeka-64894887626/

I've been out of it several years, but the only org I ever joined for trackdays was MCRA, and that was only because of the discount if you were a member.  Since Gateway is so close to me I would run all their events so the discount made sense, for one event it wouldn't have been worth it.

Every other track I've ran I was not a member of an org for, just signed up and paid my money.

This ain't exactly a cheap hobby.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:55:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not exactly close to you:

http://www.hallettracing.net/

https://www.facebook.com/Heartland-Park-Topeka-64894887626/

I've been out of it several years, but the only org I ever joined for trackdays was MCRA, and that was only because of the discount if you were a member.  Since Gateway is so close to me I would run all their events so the discount made sense, for one event it wouldn't have been worth it.

Every other track I've ran I was not a member of an org for, just signed up and paid my money.

This ain't exactly a cheap hobby.
View Quote

The biggest thing about NESBA that I miss is the continuity.  No matter what the track, I knew the rules, I knew the schedules, I knew the guys I pitted near, there was one forum, one registration page, one SCHEDULE, one cancellation policy.  If you had to miss a track day on short notice, they were happy to let you find a different one...  Nothing is ever cheap, but the NESBA days were certainly value added.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top