Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 101
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
As the others have said the sf97 is about two to four weeks after pickup. I had no notice and no updates on the website when mine arrived, just a fed-ex envelope on my porch.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:09:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#2]
Just a heads up to anyone bumper shopping.

DON'T!

Attachment Attached File

A metric shit ton of these are going to be hitting the market very soon via GovLiquidation. There's 25 bumpers per pallet and they have a whole lot of single pallet lots going through in the next couple weeks.

SM bumper neckbeards are going to end up in the same spot the .22 neckbeards ended up in.

Only hangup might be brackets and braces...

Same with mud flaps.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

DON'T!
View Quote
Yup, was having a good day until, I see your post, the same day I finish this.
Attachment Attached File

Karma looks on me and loudly laughs.

After a year of collecting parts, still need the tow loops, driver side mount for the winch and still looking for the two can holder for the left side.
Maybe when Karma gets done laughing, a "metric shit ton" of those will show up on GL.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:42:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jake-cutter] [#4]
Originally Posted By Mr_Smiley:

You are a wealth of knowledge

Answered everything I needed to know My Google fu was either really weak, or no one has done this and talked about their experience.

Now to figure out the color
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Answered everything I needed to know My Google fu was either really weak, or no one has done this and talked about their experience.

You can also have Monstaliner mix up any military color even though its not listed. You just have to call them and give them the color code you want. I had the Tan and Ryan had the Green custom made. At first I was like this isn't it, but then after drying and curing in a about a month it came out right, just a little glossy but for the inside it works very well.

A metric shit ton of these are going to be hitting the market very soon via GovLiquidation. There's 25 bumpers per pallet and they have a whole lot of single pallet lots going through in the next couple weeks.

SM bumper neckbeards are going to end up in the same spot the .22 neckbeards ended up in.

Same with mud flaps.
Those are also the newer ones with the tear drop loops. Mine does not have that center hole for the that style of tie down, but brackets were easier to find for the first gen ones and the tie down loops are cheaper. If they don't release the brackets, then those will go up in price. I bet the brackets for those are somewhere and will be released way later.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FKAM:

Yup, was having a good day until, I see your post, the same day I finish this.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455280/DSC00665post-243225.JPG

Karma looks on me and loudly laughs.

After a year of collecting parts, still need the tow loops, driver side mount for the winch and still looking for the two can holder for the left side.
Maybe when Karma gets done laughing, a "metric shit ton" of those will show up on GL.
View Quote
Oh damn!

Well, take solace in the fact that yours is nearly 100% complete and is now on your truck. Anyone who buys one of these bumpers soon is still going to have to hunt down all the other bits. That was what I went through.

I'll just glad to see the people that thought they were cornering the market on these and selling them for $1000+ brought back down to reality. I think I have $1100 in my entire rear setup with Rhino and electric rear winch mount. I think I have right around $400 in just the basic bumper.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Oh damn!

Well, take solace in the fact that yours is nearly 100% complete and is now on your truck. Anyone who buys one of these bumpers soon is still going to have to hunt down all the other bits. That was what I went through.

I'll just glad to see the people that thought they were cornering the market on these and selling them for $1000+ brought back down to reality. I think I have $1100 in my entire rear setup with Rhino and electric rear winch mount. I think I have right around $400 in just the basic bumper.
View Quote
Yeah, I'm pretty happy about having it on.  The Rhino was the first major piece I ever bought for the truck.  I'm not doing as well as you on price.  I think I have closer to about 1500 in mine.  The cheapest I can find the loops for is 90 each.  I've been trying to follow my own rule and just be patient....
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]

The cheapest I can find the loops for is 90 each.  I've been trying to follow my own rule and just be patient....
View Quote
The $90 loops are why I like the my first gen airlift bumper. Those little parts add up fast. Also means I can mount these little step accessories. Just need to find these a lot cheaper or make my own.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:55:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#8]

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about having it on.  The Rhino was the first major piece I ever bought for the truck.  I'm not doing as well as you on price.  I think I have closer to about 1500 in mine.  The cheapest I can find the loops for is 90 each.  I've been trying to follow my own rule and just be patient....
View Quote
I can tell you 504 just sold in a lot on GL so keep your eyes out.

ETA: Unless some place like Kascar bought them up and is going to resell for full price. They were doing this with HMMWV parts at the Findlay MV show.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:

Also means I can mount these little step accessories. Just need to find these a lot cheaper or make my own.
View All Quotes

Also means I can mount these little step accessories. Just need to find these a lot cheaper or make my own.
OK, Those just hit my very cool to have, just gotta get, if I can figure out where to use, list...

I can tell you 504 just sold in a lot on GL so keep your eyes out.
Hopefully they went to someone who is interested in getting things out to everyone and not a profit margin.  Ohio seems to be a hot spot for parts, you should go into business Ryan.  I've only been looking at stuff here in Utah.  I'll have to broaden my view, if only to see what is being offered.  Thanx for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Any idea or leads on where to find a Rhino tire carrier? Don't have my 1038 yet but can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By B_Laughlin:
Any idea or leads on where to find a Rhino tire carrier? Don't have my 1038 yet but can't wait!!!
View Quote
Check with 86humv on G503 forums or Steel Soldiers. He seems to get them in from time to time and has one of the best prices for a complete setup. Outside fo him, beltfed34 also on g503 forums and ebay gets them but sometime incomplete. Other than that its one off deals here and there or try your luck with Southern Metals.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: An51960] [#12]
I'm probably the only one who would think this picture is funny, but ...

SEP = System Enhancement Package as in, you might get an M1, an M1A1, an M1IP, or an M1SEP. Obviously, a first-generation vehicle would be a "No SEP" version, no my HMMWV is a "No SEP."

Nerd jokes.

ETA:  Also, I can make out that mine was with an aviation unit last. I'll try the WD-40 trick on my next day off to see if I can make it more clear.

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the post Jake!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#14]
You can also have Monstaliner mix up any military color even though its not listed. You just have to call them and give them the color code you want. I had the Tan and Ryan had the Green custom made. At first I was like this isn't it, but then after drying and curing in a about a month it came out right, just a little glossy but for the inside it works very well.

Those are also the newer ones with the tear drop loops. Mine does not have that center hole for the that style of tie down, but brackets were easier to find for the first gen ones and the tie down loops are cheaper. If they don't release the brackets, then those will go up in price. I bet the brackets for those are somewhere and will be released way later.
View All Quotes

Same with mud flaps.
I'm not exactly sure what color it is. It's not really any shade of CARC I'm used to seeing.

I got a can of the paint. Maybe it has some info on it.

Thanks for heads up!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#15]
So I paid for mine on Friday a 1987 4 door with 3000 miles in running condition,now just waiting on paperwork.

Can't wait to get it home and start making it mine.im on page 15 of this thread good thing I'm about 8 weeks to pickup.

Great thread guys

Pete
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Pete this thread is awesome, I have read every page since my purchase on May 9.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Very glad you guys are getting such use out of our thread! Never thought it was going to end up being this popular or long running when I started it.

I'll take the opportunity to wish everyone a happy Independence Day while I'm at it!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Ryan, your comments on getting on road lic. Is the only reason I purchase! Prior to reading your struggle I thought lic in Ohio was out of the question. I warship you and my wife wants to put a bounty on your head!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Arrrrrrgh!

Called USAA today because the serial number was wrong on my policy I got for my hmmwv last week. I was just going to update the info. I was trying to get out the door and down to the DMV to get a temporary tag.

They cancelled my policy!!!!

Said they shouldn't have given me one to start with and were not sure they would have stood behind it if there had been an accident. Can you believe that?!? I told them it was an army hmmwv. They gave me a policy. Charged me the first partial month. Gave me an ID card.

I've had all of my vehicles with them for that last 22 years or so.

Guess who's looking for a new company.

Called farm bureau (I mean, heck, they insure tractors, harvesters, and combines, surely they can insure a jeep-like vehicle). They said they'd have to research and call me back.

I figured I'd increase my odds of getting it done now and called State Farm. Ryan has them, so it should be quick. Nope. They have to call me back, too. So, Ryan, if you're reading this, holler at me with the way to get it keyed into their system.

Guess I now have to spend a day off not driving my new hmmwv.

??
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:17:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#20]
Originally Posted By An51960:
Arrrrrrgh!

Called USAA today because the serial number was wrong on my policy I got for my hmmwv last week. I was just going to update the info. I was trying to get out the door and down to the DMV to get a temporary tag.

They cancelled my policy!!!!

Said they shouldn't have given me one to start with and were not sure they would have stood behind it if there had been an accident. Can you believe that?!? I told them it was an army hmmwv. They gave me a policy. Charged me the first partial month. Gave me an ID card.

I've had all of my vehicles with them for that last 22 years or so.

Guess who's looking for a new company.

Called farm bureau (I mean, heck, they insure tractors, harvesters, and combines, surely they can insure a jeep-like vehicle). They said they'd have to research and call me back.

I figured I'd increase my odds of getting it done now and called State Farm. Ryan has them, so it should be quick. Nope. They have to call me back, too. So, Ryan, if you're reading this, holler at me with the way to get it keyed into their system.

Guess I now have to spend a day off not driving my new hmmwv.

??
View Quote
If you would, PM me your email address.

I'll send you pictures of my policy paperwork that is ironically up for it's second renewal on 7/14, now 1 year with State Farm.

Just an FYI, I'm probably going to be unavailable after 1pm until later tonight so if I can't get it to you before I will get it to you when I get home. I'll take the pics now so I've got them on my phone with me and will send them as time permits.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:01:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: An51960] [#22]
Just figured out that Kascar and Fastenal are like a mile apart. I live relatively close to them, so if you guys need some assist in that regard, just shout. I'm about to go in and see what I can get. Seems their prices on some things are okay, others not so much.

ETA: AC compressor for a v-belt system (not serpentine) is $101. That seems reasonable.  A lot of other stuff was not. Only other thing I picked up was a set of brackets for the brush guard (original style), $30 each.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Just figured out that Kascar and Fastenal are like a mile apart. I live relatively close to them, so if you guys need some assist in that regard, just shout. I'm about to go in and see what I can get. Seems their prices on some things are okay, others not so much.
View Quote
Thanks for the offer! By the way, let me know how things end up working out with State Farm and what they say. I'm curious since I know for a fact I'm not the only HMMWV owner insured through them what their explanation is for the issues.

And I just figured out thanks to Photobucket's antics, most all of my images in this thread are screwed up now. Guess I'm going to be signing up for an ImageShack account.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Arrrrrrgh!

Called USAA today because the serial number was wrong on my policy I got for my hmmwv last week. I was just going to update the info. I was trying to get out the door and down to the DMV to get a temporary tag. .
View Quote
Sorry to hear USAA let you down - they did something similar to me when I went to get mine insured, saying that they 'don't do those' even though they have other folks' vehicles currently in their system.  Talked to one of their supervisors about the issue, and she all but admitted that USAA probably should be the one agency that would insure these, but is *not* the same military-oriented service company it used to be, and that it's pretty much about the bottom line these days.  She tried to refer me to their 'antiques and collectibles' specialty partner, but with no full time garage they wouldn't touch it.

I tried State Farm, and similar answer: "we'll get back to you."  Never did.

Started a rate quote online with GEICO, used AM General as the type but of course they didn't have HMMWV in the drop-down box.  Called them up, she pulled the partial info from the online quote system, asked me a few more questions to 'manually build' the vehicle in the system (year, value, body style, color, and basic safety equipment) and had a policy issued and charged to the visa within 15 mins.  Added my second one to the policy a couple months later with no problem over the phone.  Been active since last year and renewed several times.

Now my buddy down the street called up GEICO to do his, and got the answer 'we don't do those' and 'that policy must have been issued by mistake.' Seems it all depends on who you talk to at these companies - just call back another time for a different agent, and see what they say.  Frustrating and silly, but seems to be the case.  Keep on it!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#25]
OST
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TexJeepTJ:

Started a rate quote online with GEICO, used AM General as the type but of course they didn't have HMMWV in the drop-down box.  Called them up, she pulled the partial info from the online quote system, asked me a few more questions to 'manually build' the vehicle in the system (year, value, body style, color, and basic safety equipment) and had a policy issued and charged to the visa within 15 mins.  Added my second one to the policy a couple months later with no problem over the phone.  Been active since last year and renewed several times.

Now my buddy down the street called up GEICO to do his, and got the answer 'we don't do those' and 'that policy must have been issued by mistake.' Seems it all depends on who you talk to at these companies - just call back another time for a different agent, and see what they say.  Frustrating and silly, but seems to be the case.  Keep on it!
View Quote
Just an FYI, I had seen on SS about Geico actually cancelling policies so you might want to have a Plan B.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Just an FYI, I had seen on SS about Geico actually cancelling policies so you might want to have a Plan B.
View Quote
Good to know.   I had heard the same thing, but so far they've revised the policy several times for me without one flinch about what the vehicles are.  So makes you wonder if it's just certain folks in these agencies that hate military vehicle owners and the rest are happy to help.  

Time will tell.  Kind,of like what he said about USAA - they have them currently insured for other owners, but really bothers me that the cancelling agent went so far as to say they might not have honored the policy as written if there was an accident.  That just seems wrong, especially for a company like USAA that touts its service.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I have Hagerty. Tried Geico but no luck as others have said. At first I had Farmers, then they canceled and wanted me to go with JC Taylor (underwritten by Foremost who was also underwriting the Farmer's policy). Downside to JC Taylor was the restrictions. Very limited driving but very cheap for full coverage. After using it to get my title and registration, I switched to Hagerty and have been very happy. No restrictions and easy to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:44:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: An51960] [#29]
When I started with USAA back in the 90's, you couldn't beat them. I would research a loan APR and they would match the best I could find and then give me an extra quarter percent off for having it set to auto-pay. Somewhere in the 2007 range, I got my first loan outside of USAA because they wouldn't match Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union's rates. USAA told me "we believe our rates are competitive, so we no longer rate match." I asked them how they thought a higher rate was competitive. They asked if FBFCU offered gap insurance (covers the vehicle if you wreck it shortly after driving it off of the lot, it's depreciated because it's now used, but you would need new price to replace it). I told the yes. Penalty for paying off early. No. There was nothing USAA offered that FBFCU didn't. I went with FBFCU and knew USAA just wasn't the company they once were. I didn't even bother to check usaa beyond whatever their published rates were for the most part after that. Thinking of dumping them altogether now.

Home insurance started sucking for me when I was sent to VA. Living in a 'hurricane zone' and USAA don't go together. They wouldn't write less than an $8k deductible.

I can't really speak about the auto insurance rates. I didn't usually compare because my rates always seemed to be around $100/month for multiple cars with no or very low deductible. It's definitely time to comparison shop those now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Also, as far as the Dmv goes, went in with my invoice from govplanet and my EUC clearance and such to get a temporary plate (sc will give you a 45-day paper tag for $10 when you buy a vehicle so that you're not tag less while paperwork is completed). I'd have to check to see if they've updated their website (they explicitly refused to post anything about the changing laws for July 1st until after they went in to effect--made things a big pain in the @ss at work because people wanted to ask us), but they used to give them without much of a paperwork trail. Today, they told me I had to have a sc bill of sale and nothing else would do. I asked them who I should get to write "Uncle Sam" on the form since it came from the government. They said find a representative. I said ok, I'll be back in five minutes with this form filled out and I will have written Uncle Sam on it because I'm a representative. They weren't amused but I hate assanine people, rules, and organizations. I didn't get back to them though after going to Fastenal, Kascar, and Wally mart. It was the last one that killed me. All of the holiday shoppers. I'm driving it tomorrow sans plate if I can get insurance locked down. 'Merica.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Progressive will cover anything as long as it's been registered.

Tho I would recommend getting a local broker to do it.

My oddball imported .mil vehicle is insured with them.

Only 60 bucks a month for liability
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Farmers did this to me when they found out my rover was a military truck.

My agent was told it would be g2g, and called the higher ups to check. Then three weeks later gave me a call "Smiley, the higher ups changed their mind. Don't drive the truck it's not insured".
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Got tired of waiting for call-backs. Called hagerty. $503 for the year. Just under $42/month. No problems with them. I'll shop around more later and see if it's a good deal and see if I can get all of my vehicles under one roof like with State Farm or geico or something. I just wanted to be able to drive the damn thing on the 4th of July.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I have USAA for my H1, I'm happy with them, I recall when I first insured it 11yrs ago they kept trying to insure it as a Hummer instead of AM General...
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Getting insurance was an interesting struggle for me.  I was looking only for the minimum nofault coverage required by law.  I thought it wouldn't be a big deal.  I had read multiple forums about getting HMMWV insurance in Utah and it seemed not to be a problem.  I though if I have trouble it would be with title and licensing.  My assumptions were way off.  I tried all the previously mentioned insurances with no luck.  Most gave the reason for not insuring the vehicle as "it does not having a 16 digit VIN".  I was a little frustrated because of all the threads I read about these companies insuring HMMWV's in Utah, and Utah law can require a company to insure a titled vehicle if you can show none will do it.  It finally came down to State Farm and Farm Bureau.  State Farm kept dragging it's feet and never really came up with a offer even tho they said they would cover it.  Farm Bureau was hesitant and the underwriter asked a lot of questions and wanted lots of pictures, especially of the data tag and serial number.  At one point he was going to deny coverage until we (the agent and I) found out he had pulled up a picture of a HEMTT off of the internet, and thought that was what I had.  We told him to look at the sent pictures to see it was just basically a truck.  After about a week I finally had insurance with them.  The title and licensing went through quickly without a single issue.  Insurance took about three weeks from the time I started looking to actually getting insured.

I think that also, it all matters on the agent and underwriter you get as previously stated, because there seems to be those that got it and those that can't from the same insurer.

I have since talked to my agent and she said there are a lot more people wanting and getting insurance for HMMWV's through them since, I was just one of the first to try with them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Does anybody know why GP puts slant backs in the auction,then pulls them, and puts them in the next one?  
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anybody know why GP puts slant backs in the auction,then pulls them, and puts them in the next one?  
View Quote
Good question?

Are they trucks getting bids on them or are they pulling them before they go on the block?

Maybe them not getting demiled in time and having to be pulled until they can be?

Speaking of, I haven't been keeping a close eye on sales. Have any pics of the demiled slantbacks been posted on GP or elsewhere? I really want to see how bad they look.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#38]
The two that were in today's auction were pulled in June. This morning they were still in the auction today but pulled early before bids and moved to July 12.  They still have much of turret intact but did have verbiage that more demil might happen. The ones in the auction last week were missing half of the B pillars and all of the turret.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

Here is the one that sold for $16k on June 21st.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#40]
The two that were in today's auction were pulled in June. This morning they were still in the auction today but pulled early before bids and moved to July 12.  They still have much of turret intact but did have verbiage that more demil might happen. The ones in the auction last week were missing half of the B pillars and all of the turret.
View All Quotes
Hmm, that is odd...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468787/742659-6002-159-0001-246681.JPG

Here is the one that sold for $16k on June 21st.

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Look at this thread on G503. The ones in Yermo look like they stripped a lot off of them. Tailgates were just cut off since they have that thin armor on them. Lots of missing parts. Will be interesting to see ones that make it out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Look at this thread on G503. The ones in Yermo look like they stripped a lot off of them. Tailgates were just cut off since they have that thin armor on them. Lots of missing parts. Will be interesting to see ones that make it out.
View Quote
That is just a waste, our tax dollars working hard!
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FKAM] [#43]
This post may only be useful to myself and Jake but here it is.

In the previous power cutoff switch posts, Jake and myself talked about issues with the J2 Accessory port.  I opened up the unit today and here is what I found.

The main input and P1 output are wired like a normal power supply with the addition of the cutout switch which breaks the Positive B-B/C 24V connection.  The A line is GND just as the unit is labeled.
Attachment Attached File

The inside of the unit is fairly simple and easy to understand.
Attachment Attached File

Here is where the issue is with the J2 Accessory Plug.  It is not wired the same as a normal military power lead.  There must be something out there that uses this combination, but I haven't seen it.  This plug is wired from input A - J2 A/B as GND and a switch controlled Positive input B - J2 C.  So if you plug in a standard plug the B line is now part of the ground instead of 24V Positive as on the other ports.  Which would cause a hot situation.    Also if you look at the gauge of the leads in the previous picture, they are pretty small.  Also there is a electronic component (beyond my knowledge) in line and glued to the box on the POS side.  I'm sure there is a limit to the amps you can pull through it.  May have to rewire this.  Going to have to look at my guage vs amp list to see.
Attachment Attached File

Another issue was the J2 port is set in a way that a standard power plug wont plug in without bumping into the output line.  Like I said before there must be a special cable for a certain application, so you don't plug in a non-compatible cord/unit.  But it is easily turned around in the case.  There are two flats on each side that makes it easy to flip 180 degrees.  You just need to be careful and realize this will take a modified cable to use and keep track of the neg and pos leads.
Attachment Attached File

I tested with a cable I have that I'm going to use with the laptop and it works mechanically.  But as mentioned previously I think the internal wire needs to be larger to work for anything with a large AMP load.
Attachment Attached File

Here is the disclaimer....Double check what I posted to what you have and make sure the polarities are correct.  I have been known to have Fat Fingers on the keyboard and have screwed up in the transition of the real world to the digital.  I tried to be careful and get it all correct.

Double check your work....
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Can anyone take a measurement of the thickness of the X Door outer seal frame.
I'm trying to get rivets today while I'm in town and didn't bring the frame or take a measurement. ..
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Ok figured it out FYI the frame around the outside of the Xdoors takes a
3/16 3/8-1/2 rivet. And the window framework takes a 3/16 1/4-3/8 rivet.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Been following this thread for a couple weeks now, won the auction for my M998 four door so I filled out my EUC and paid for it. Not sure how but I was able to pick it up at the end of the same week after I'd made the payment, the EUC came back good this past Monday. Got all the fluids, filters and hub seal replaced over the week and it starts and runs like a champ. Now to drop the fuel tank and clean it out, the fuel filter looked like shit. Now to fight the registration and insurance battle but I've already spoke with the county auditor and she said it won't be an issue to register in Kansas.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:30:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FKAM] [#47]
Originally Posted By EODGUY02:
Been following this thread for a couple weeks now, won the auction for my M998 four door so I filled out my EUC and paid for it. Not sure how but I was able to pick it up at the end of the same week after I'd made the payment, the EUC came back good this past Monday. Got all the fluids, filters and hub seal replaced over the week and it starts and runs like a champ. Now to drop the fuel tank and clean it out, the fuel filter looked like shit. Now to fight the registration and insurance battle but I've already spoke with the county auditor and she said it won't be an issue to register in Kansas.
View Quote
Congats, and welcome to the addiction.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#48]
Originally Posted By bravojmc:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bravojmc:
That's some good information! I'm going to pass that along to my buddy Dave. I've seen the seals on his X-doors and they're going to need replaced.

Are you replacing the seals with OEM or are you using the FRAG 5 seals?

Originally Posted By EODGUY02:
Hey! Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you're off to a great start.

Speaking of registration... Looks like I'm going to have to update my OP. I've spoken to two other folks here in Ohio, including an attorney, and it appears that the registration situation has gotten considerably tougher.

Since that title broadcast I mentioned a couple pages ago, Ohio BMV is claiming the HMMWV is without a doubt an off road vehicle that can never be operated on road, there is no conversion of off road branded vehicles to on road available, and denying the 3803 even exists any more (despite them providing no evidence to back this up).

They are however still processing registration of trucks with on road titles from out of state as my friend Mark just got his registered with a Utah title a couple weeks ago. They also aren't apparently doing anything about trucks that have been registered using the 3803 process. I just got my renewal notification in the mail a week ago in fact.

Personally, I'm hesitant to upset the applecart for folks like myself that have our trucks titled but this stuff pisses me off to no end. And all it would take is a stroke of a pen to make my truck a $20,000 yard ornament and I hate that fellow owners or prospective owners are having problems while there is no problem registering rail buggies and home built vehicles and even golf carts in Ohio.

I got stonewalled by the BMV with my recent Open Records request and I'm not going to continue kicking that anthill since we all know vindictive mid level bureaucrats can be so, it's time to go above them and get in touch with my local state rep who can tell them what to do. I'll be writing an email to him this weekend making him aware of the current situation, informing him about the longstanding stance of the NHTSA regarding the HMMWV, and making him aware of Kentucky's recently passed SB176 and how getting that legislation here would be very beneficial to everyone.

I hate being on the defensive and having to constantly look over my shoulder worrying about a letter from the BMV one day.

Plus I like sticking a finger in the eye of folks that get off telling others what they can and can't do.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:10:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Im running factory replacements from Kascar. A little pricey but they should last a long while!
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top