Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 101
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I suppose for as often as you'd drive your Humvee, the Treadwrights will be adequate, I'm just not a fan of retreads. I'd be really reluctant to use them offroad. I've also seen a lot of negative reviews on these to go with the positive.

I've used the MT's, MTR's and Baja's though.

The MT's are OK,  but prone to flatspotting. (Had them on my Excursion and Humvee)
The Baja's were really nice but loud and wore out faster than the others. (Had them on my Excursion and they came on my Humvee too)
The MTR's were really nice, wore well and aren't as loud as the Baja's. (Had them on my Excursion and now on my Humvee)

My top two choices would be the MTR's and Baja's followed by the MT's and last would be the Treadwrights.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lawman734:
I suppose for as often as you'd drive your Humvee, the Treadwrights will be adequate, I'm just not a fan of retreads. I'd be really reluctant to use them offroad. I've also seen a lot of negative reviews on these to go with the positive.

I've used the MT's, MTR's and Baja's though.

The MT's are OK,  but prone to flatspotting. (Had them on my Excursion and Humvee)
The Baja's were really nice but loud and wore out faster than the others. (Had them on my Excursion and they came on my Humvee too)
The MTR's were really nice, wore well and aren't as loud as the Baja's. (Had them on my Excursion and now on my Humvee)

My top two choices would be the MTR's and Baja's followed by the MT's and last would be the Treadwrights.
View Quote

Excellent! Thank you!

Definitely considering the MTRs now and, they would be cheaper than the Treadwrights. Need to find out how they handle snow though... Also seems like the Bajas are more geared toward sand use from what I've been reading so I don't know they'd necessarily be best for my area and I would certainly prefer a longer lasting tire.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:28:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hkx3] [#3]
1992 AM General M998, 19k Miles:

Hauling back home: (2016 Ram 1500, Hemi 5.7, 8 spd trans, 8010# Tow Rating):

During the tow, activating rear cam to check straps:

Interior:

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Going on crappy pictures alone, I'm preparing myself for having to get new tires. I'll know for sure if/when I can go look at the truck.

Depending on their shape and what he has available, I may be trading the tires/wheels on the truck in to a local surplus guy that might have 5 24 bolt wheels and new Goodyear MT or MTR tires.

If he doesn't have 5 matching tires, I'm going to just keep the 12 bolts I've got and get tires elsewhere. I've got a couple tire choices in mind and I'd like to hear if anyone has some thoughts on them (all are 37x12.50x16.5):

Treadwright Guard Dogs
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc40/ryaneruck/HMMWV/s-l1000_zps6h5cocap.jpg

Goodyear Wrangler MTs
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc40/ryaneruck/HMMWV/gy_wrangler_mt_pdpcrop_zpsobokbmdv.jpg

Goodyear Wrangler MTRs
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc40/ryaneruck/HMMWV/0809or_02_z2Boff_road_tires_buyers_guide_tire_and_wheel_special2Bgoodyear_wrangler_mtr_zpsqc7n58om.jpg

BFGoodrich Baja T/As
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc40/ryaneruck/HMMWV/BF-Goodrich-Baja-37x12-5R16-5-4X4-Military-Tire-ON-for-sale_261287010119_zpsij6fl82u.jpg

Even though the MTs are the cheapest, they're at the bottom of the pack since I'm pretty sure all of the others are better tires.

The Treadwrights are the most expensive at $200/each but have the benefit of being essentially new tires for a fraction of the cost. The reviews seem to be good as well.

I can also save a little money and get surplus, lightly used (80%-85% or 90%-95%) surplus MTRs or Baja T/As online. From what I've seen, the MTRs are pretty good tires. I'd really like to know more about the BFGs though. How do they stack up next to the MTRs? I know both are current use on mil trucks. Just wondering if anyone has direct experience with them to share or other tire recommendations I'm leaving out.

All of the ones above should be right at or under $1,200 (shipped) for 5 of them and that's about top end on what I'm looking to spend.

View Quote

Have you seen this guy?
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/wto/5401390535.html
or you can locate 17" wheels off a H1, I can roll down the interstate at 90mph, 16.5" will beat the chit out of you..
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JohnyRotten:
Have you seen this guy?
or you can locate 17" wheels off a H1, I can roll down the interstate at 90mph, 16.5" will beat the chit out of you..
View Quote

You ain't running 90 in a stock A0 or A1 Humvee though.

For the speeds a standard Humvee runs, the 16.5" tires and wheels aren't bad.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Have you seen this guy?

Lol I kinda wanted to say this.  Anyone worried about how a wheel diameter will make a Humvee feel on the road, is someone who hasn't spent much time in a Humvee.

Ive put around 6000 miles on one, and that's on 3 different sets of tires.  None made a whole lot of difference
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hkx3:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/hkx4/humvee%206_zpslqtiein7.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/hkx4/humvee204_zpsa7e7tobb.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/hkx4/humvee%203_zps69b68dvf.jpg

Interior:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/hkx4/Interior_zps4exf4mem.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hkx3:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/hkx4/humvee%206_zpslqtiein7.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/hkx4/humvee204_zpsa7e7tobb.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/hkx4/humvee%203_zps69b68dvf.jpg

Interior:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/hkx4/Interior_zps4exf4mem.jpg

Wow! That is a really clean truck!

Congrats!

Please feel free to post or PM me your experience in getting your truck titled in Ohio. I'd like to go into the situation with some knowledge if I can.

Have you seen this guy?

No, I had not seen them. I will definitely have to get in touch with them. $200 for tire/24 bolt wheel combos is very attractive! The truck and spare wheel I bought already have runflats so those could be transferred over to the new wheels.

Much appreciated!

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Have you seen this guy?

yes I know, I have a 2003 HMCO with BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2, I like the look of 24 bolt wheels, couple yrs back the company I work for was R&Ding trailer axles for DRASH, they gave us 4 brand new 24 bolt wheels on BFG's, I bowered them for a couple days didn't care much for them...
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone make a purchase Wednesday?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:05:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#10]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
View Quote
I made a purchase today!

And it involved a trip upstate...

Now, if only I had a truck to put it on...
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a couple of fording stacks, I plan on installing them tomorrow.......
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#12]

I made a purchase today!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc40/ryaneruck/HMMWV/IMG_0609_zpsq740xcvy.jpg

View All Quotes

I made a purchase today!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc40/ryaneruck/HMMWV/IMG_0609_zpsq740xcvy.jpg

Are you going to extend your headlights too?

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I picked up a couple of fording stacks, I plan on installing them tomorrow.......
View All Quotes

Nice! I recently picked one up off eBay that happened to come with the mounting bracket even.

Got a Turbo III precleaner that's going on top of it. Picked up the rubber 90 degree airbox elbow too so at least the intake will be fully sealed up. I want the full deep fording kit but I just can't swallow that pill for the cost of it. I'll likely just work on piecing it together over time.

I made a purchase today!

Are you going to extend your headlights too?

The ECV front end may be a project down the road. Lord knows I've already spent more than I should have on this!

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Nice! I recently picked one up off eBay that happened to come with the mounting bracket even.

View All Quotes

Yeah,  I picked up the exhausts and still need to get the intakes - I have the mounting brackets for them though.

I know that you can't ford without the full fording kit installed, so I'm just going for the look of the trucks I had in the Marines. The exhaust and intake stack will give me that. Hell, when I was in we never crossed water to the extent that we needed to activate the fording gear anyway.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Ryan - that's not accurate. Call the yard and speak to someone there, they're usually more than happy to accommodate with some notice.
View Quote

An update to this... Yesterday I spoke with City Salvage and Recycling about stopping by and inspecting my truck and, they told me I could come by any time they aren't closed (weekends, lunch, or after 4pm) to look it over. No appointment needed!

Probably heading down the week after next.

So if you buy a truck from "Hopkinsville, KY" and the location address given is 2671 Greenville Rd, Hopkinsville, Kentucky, 42240, that is City Salvage and Recycling and they are extremely accommodating!

Any tips on things I should look for or get pictures/video of while I'm there that they didn't include in the original listing? Not really planning on making another trip down until it's time to pick it up so I don't want to overlook or forget anything.

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Take lots of pictures of everything. I have read lots of stories about parts going missing after the auction especially when it is at a non military storage lot.

Take note of the condition of the seats, top, and doors as you can start buying those while you wait. Also see if any of the lights are led and if not start buying those too. Move the front passenger seat and check the batteries.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:32:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#17]
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:
Take lots of pictures of everything. I have read lots of stories about <span style="color: red;">parts going missing after the auction especially when it is at a non military storage lot.

Take note of the condition of the seats, top, and doors as you can start buying those while you wait. Also see if any of the lights are led and if not start buying those too. Move the front passenger seat and check the batteries.
View Quote
Will definitely be taking <span style="font-weight: bold;">lots of pics in that case.

New seats are already in hand, awaiting the truck.

Picked up 4 of these:

Doors appeared good in the pics but will give them and the top extra attention.

None of the external lights are LED and in fact don't work according to the GovPlanet.

Already found the troubleshooting section in the TM for external lighting and already have a complete set of LED headlights, front turns, tails, front and rear markers, and blackout driving light as well as a replacement push button master lighting switch (I suspect the 3 lever is bad causing the lighting problem). Got the new style, self cancelling turn signal assembly as well. Will be adding in the extra grounding harness when I get the truck too.

Good idea to check the batteries and dates on them!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:54:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawman734] [#18]
Any tips on things I should look for or get pictures/video of while I'm there that they didn't include in the original listing? Not really planning on making another trip down until it's time to pick it up so I don't want to overlook or forget anything.
View Quote

If you're going to look at it, might as well check for any leaks anywhere on the vehicle - don't forget to look at the hubs too. Look it over for things that you know that you'll need to address or replace and make a list. Take a look at the condition of the fluids - do they appear clean/fresh or do they smell burnt? Pull the doghouse cover off - see if there's a date written on the oil filter as that could give a good indication of when the last service was done to the vehicle.

LED lights are nice - I haven't done that to my trucks yet but want to. I avoid the push button switches at all costs. You're better safe than sorry by using the reliable 3-switch. Even newer trucks I've looked at still have the 3-lever in them.

Granted,  there isn't a whole lot that you can do without actually taking it home,  but a heads-up of things that need addressing is always nice so that you can research and mentally prepare a game plan on tackling them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#19]
If you're going to look at it, might as well check for any leaks anywhere on the vehicle - don't forget to look at the hubs too. Look it over for things that you know that you'll need to address or replace and make a list. Take a look at the condition of the fluids - do they appear clean/fresh or do they smell burnt? Pull the doghouse cover off - see if there's a date written on the oil filter as that could give a good indication of when the last service was done to the vehicle.

LED lights are nice - I haven't done that to my trucks yet but want to. I avoid the push button switches at all costs. You're better safe than sorry by using the reliable 3-switch. Even newer trucks I've looked at still have the 3-lever in them.

Granted,  there isn't a whole lot that you can do without actually taking it home,  but a heads-up of things that need addressing is always nice so that you can research and mentally prepare a game plan on tackling them.
View Quote

Fluid check was definitely in the plans. Good to know about the date on the oil filter. Wasn't sure if that was something that was done.

With the push button master light control, because of the price, I did do some reading on it before I made the purchase to see if it was worth it. I did see that it has mixed reviews with some people liking it and some people having issues with short hazard. I could be wrong but from what I read, it seemed like most of the issues resulted from a) early models that came out 8+ years ago, b) were running incandescent lights instead of LED, and/or c) had grounding issues. I suspect these issues tainted them and .mil decided they were simply more trouble than they were worth and went back to the simpler 3 lever. Thus the spotty rep they have.

My unit is used but with the level of wear it has I'm pretty confident it's a newer version. I'm also considering adding fuses to each individual circuit on the harness but I'll need to figure out what normal draw with the LEDs is and how feasible even adding the fuses inline is when I've got the truck. Thankfully the wiring systems on these trucks are extremely well documented and pretty simple!

I do stand ready to get a 3 lever if I have to but would really like to use the push button if at all possible.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 5:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jake-cutter] [#20]
Are you sure those seats will fit? Looks like the ones out of an MRAP and are too big. There is a cross brace right behind the drivers and passenger seat that limits you on seat size and no real reclining.

As for the light switch, I personally avoid that type as even the newer vehicles are coming from the manufacture with the regular 3 style switch. If you go with it be sure to install the Kascar Grounding Kit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 7:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#21]
Are you sure those seats will fit? Looks like the ones out of an MRAP and are too big. There is a cross brace right behind the drivers and passenger seat that limits you on seat size and no real reclining.

As for the light switch, I personally avoid that type as even the newer vehicles are coming from the manufacture with the regular 3 style switch. If you go with it be sure to install the Kascar Grounding Kit.
View Quote
Yep, the extra grounding was for sure in the works. Was going to make my own harness as I can get the materials a lot cheaper than they sell the completed one for.

With the seats, you're right, they are MRAP seats but, before I selected the seats I made sure I did some reading on what other folks at Steel Soldiers had installed in their trucks. There are a couple options, like the FMTV seats, but I really liked these because of the rubberized ripstop material they're made of versus the 1000D Cordura nylon the FMTV seats are made of.

Here's some pics I cribbed from SS of a couple member's truck with those seats:

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Those Mrap seats are really close to civi seats minus the armrest
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Taggage
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:35:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#24]
I just got my seat upgrade mounting hardware. Looks like it will be a PITA.  I think I'll wait on seats.  Maybe it won't seem like a pain once I have the HMMWV to see what I'm really dealing with.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#25]
....kind of want.  But I know my wife would hate it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I just got my seat upgrade mounting hardware. Looks like it will be a PITA.  I think I'll wait on seats.  Maybe it won't seem like a pain once I have the HMMWV to see what I'm really dealing with.
View Quote

Do you have the old style seat base? If so it's a pain to change out. Over 30 rivets have to be drilled out. Look for the detailed instructions by Retiredwarhorses on Steel Soldiers. He gives a lot of tips on doing this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:45:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#27]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Need a set up in the backseat so your "kids" can play video games.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I just bought this gem for $5500. It's going to be a LONG 3 or 4 month wait. Im sure my friends will be asking me "did you get it yet? Where's this humvee you said you bought? You got scammed."

Are EUCs getting better? Seems like they had a bad 3 months last year and just getting through that backlog. I'm on day 2
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By Beef1911:

I just bought this gem for $5500. It's going to be a LONG 3 or 4 month wait. Im sure my friends will be asking me "did you get it yet? Where's this humvee you said you bought? You got scammed."

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm93/bobertm1009/575156_6002_159_0001.jpg

Are EUCs getting better? Seems like they had a bad 3 months last year and just getting through that backlog. I'm on day 2
View Quote
Looks cool!  What's the item number?

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc40/ryaneruck/board/Ben-Stiller-Do-It-Starsky-and-Hutch_zpsngflfnwe.gif

I get to drive 1151's, 1152's, Razers, and MATV's whenever I want pretty much.  Just gotta walk down to the MOPO and fill out the dispatch paperwork.  

Now if my dad would just hurry up, retire, and buy a house on a large chunk of land he keeps talking about I could be more easily swayed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

686868 Needs some gauges and 3 doors but that helped the price stay down. Plus its in the middle of Minnesota.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:34:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#33]
I get to drive 1151's, 1152's, Razers, and MATV's whenever I want pretty much.  Just gotta walk down to the MOPO and fill out the dispatch paperwork.  

Now if my dad would just hurry up, retire, and buy a house on a large chunk of land he keeps talking about I could be more easily swayed.
View All Quotes

Seriously though, these are the salad days of HMMWVs! Best to get while the getting is good!

Remember, it wasn't that long ago, the EPA cut off <span style="font-weight: bold;">all surplus vehicle sales since they didn't meet modern emissions requirements.

686868 Needs some gauges and 3 doors but that helped the price stay down. Plus its in the middle of Minnesota.
Welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase!

Looks like you've got yourself a fine diamond in the rough you got for a darn good price considering it is a running truck. Needs a little elbow grease but I have no doubt it will come out looking good!

To answer your question, supposedly EUCs are getting a little better. When I bought my truck on 1/20, I still ended up with a 1 month delay between when I made my purchase and  my EUC got sent off to TSC. Fingers crossed I get my truck in April but could be May.

I'm wondering right now which will get approved first... My EUC or some Form 1s I put through mid February.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#34]

For those looking for doors there is a guy on Steel Soldiers doing a run of front "half doors" skins for $250. You still need the hardware and the rear half doors which run around $400-500 (a few months ago they were around $300 on ebay). So for around $1k you can have a set of complete half doors as found on Special Forces vehicles. The front sets have always been impossible to find so this is a rare opportunity to get a set.

Link to Steel Soldiers

Now I just need to find a Special Forces C Pillar Roll bar and get a hard top and then I will have a SF hmmwv copy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#35]

For those looking for doors there is a guy on Steel Soldiers doing a run of front "half doors" skins for $250. You still need the hardware and the rear half doors which run around $400-500 (a few months ago they were around $300 on ebay). So for around $1k you can have a set of complete half doors as found on Special Forces vehicles. The front sets have always been impossible to find so this is a rare opportunity to get a set.

Link to Steel Soldiers

Now I just need to find a Special Forces C Pillar Roll bar and get a hard top and then I will have a SF hmmwv copy.
View Quote

Damn, those would be pretty cool to have for a day on the trails!

Unfortunately I've got to save the last of my funds for the cargo rack above the cargo area I've got to get fabbed up. Won't have anywhere to mount my MRAP lighting kit if I don't have that. Plus Lizard Skin and bedliner for the interior.

Hopefully those half doors are something I'll be able to pick up next year though. Would really like a set.

(By the way, if anyone is wondering, TedG is a great guy to work with! Got my 66" HID/IR lightbar and custom passenger side mounting bracket to make it work with my snorkel from him. Very helpful with information and fast to respond to any and all questions.)

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Where are you applying the Lizard Skin? I keep debating whether to have bedliner sprayed on the entire interior. Then laying down a dynamat type material on the floor boards and covering that with the factory floor mats/insulation.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Where are you applying the Lizard Skin? I keep debating whether to have bedliner sprayed on the entire interior. Then laying down a dynamat type material on the floor boards and covering that with the factory floor mats/insulation.
View Quote

I'm planning on doing both their ceramic thermal insulation as well as sound insulation on the entire interior floorpan, drivetrain tunnel, and the sides and tops of the rear fenders in the bed. From all of the video reviews I've seen of Lizard Skin, it looks like very effective stuff!

Pretty sure I'm going to go with OD colored Monstaliner on top of it so it matches the rest of the truck. Definitely not looking to spend over $1k to have LineX sprayed in.

I may do something like Dynamat on the underside of the hood and doghouse too.

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 7:22:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#38]
My X doors arrived today!

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#39]

<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/dab969/media/image.jpg1_zpsywrecgmz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg141/dab969/image.jpg1_zpsywrecgmz.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice doors, where did you get them?  

My dad got a bunch of doors oit of a dumpster 10 years ago and sold them for $400 a piece. Sure wish he kept a set now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#40]

My dad got a bunch of doors oit of a dumpster 10 years ago and sold them for $400 a piece. Sure wish he kept a set now.
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/dab969/media/image.jpg1_zpsywrecgmz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg141/dab969/image.jpg1_zpsywrecgmz.jpg</a>

I got them at Walmart in the gardening section.  They have a bunch for $39.95 each.  Just kidding, I got them from an individual.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like you are starting a parts pile in your garage. I did that while waiting on my euc to clear and it continued to grow even after I got my Hmmwv.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Looks like you are starting a parts pile in your garage. I did that while waiting on my euc to clear and it continued to grow even after I got my Hmmwv.
View Quote
Yes I have and there is a lot not pictured. I've spent too much.  Way too much.  And I still haven't paid for shipping or mechanical repairs (if needed).  

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes I have and there is a lot not pictured. I've spent too much.  Way too much.  And I still haven't paid for shipping or mechanical repairs (if needed).    
View All Quotes

I know what you mean. Even after it arrives the parts will continue to grow. I have an airlift bumper waiting for some time off to install. While I have been waiting, I got the mud flaps and added them to the pile of parts to install. Now I am looking at a tire carrier so I can install everything at once. Plus I picked up some rear half doors and hoping that a member on steel soldier will make the front half so I can have a complete set of half doors to run with when I don't want to use the X doors.  

You are doing it right by buying parts now. I wish I would have bought some more parts while I was waiting before the prices shot through the roof. I would recommend buying the door strikers for the hard doors now because they have gone from $30 to over $100 in the last few months.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll bet before long a company like Quardatech will start offering HMMWV parts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#45]
EUC was sent the day after I paid. Hopefully that means I'll be approved by early May.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:26:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#46]
View All Quotes

An improved aftermarket would be great! Especially if some could start producing some of these hard to find/expensive parts like X-Doors and Deep Fording Kits.

I watch the Power Nation shows every weekend on CBS SPorts and I'm waiting for Xtreme Off-Road to start a HMMWV project. They already did the SubUrban Gorilla knockoff Hummer.

Then I'm sure prices will jump on everything even more!

EUC was sent the day after I paid. Hopefully that means I'll be approved by early May.

Wow! Seems like GovPlanet has really improved!

Too bad they did it after I bought mine and I've now got an extra month tacked on to my wait.

At least I'll be going to look my truck over Monday.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:18:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawman734] [#47]
I took the time today to put all the brackets and panels in my truck. I'd say my M1038 is now more of an M1044 - I still have to get the fording stacks on though.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#48]
This might be of some interest to some people  in this thread.

https://youtu.be/uMsrjeny5pE
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

View Quote

The video doesn't work for me - it's just a blank page.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By MDStroup:

Copy and paste it, the hotlink is broken but the URL is good.
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top