Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2015 9:47:54 AM EDT
Anyone have one yet? My Father and I are looking at picking one up on Friday for my son for Christmas. He has a PW50 that he has raced and has races coming up. I don't plan on letting him race it until the spring but figure he can ride and practice on it this winter at the indoor track.

Reason for posting is that I don't see KTM having promotions for anything. I doubt I can get the dealer to come down off the price much. Anything I should try to get them to toss in our do you think it would be a wasted effort.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Wasted effort, really.  KTM dealers don't have to offer much in the way of incentives these days.  The bikes are that good, you are gonna pay.

FWIW, 'indoor track' meaning NEMX?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wasted effort, really.  KTM dealers don't have to offer much in the way of incentives these days.  The bikes are that good, you are gonna pay.

FWIW, 'indoor track' meaning NEMX?
View Quote

I figured that since I couldn't find any info about promotions.  

There is a track about 30 mins away that does indoor races they are part of one of the series but the other two races are on the opposite sides of Ohio from each other. So he will just be doing the 7-8 races at the local place aka Route 62 mx

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#3]
ktm, sales, lol.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
My dealer would give you about $100 off the price of the bike.
Margins are really thin on those bikes.

He would rather give you a good deal on gear and if the kid is actually racing it he would hand out some of the sponsorship packages he has for MX riders.
He gets vouchers from certain manufacturers / distributors / vendors for parts like chains, sprockets, tires, levers, oil, fuel, that kind of stuff.

I am a KTM guy, but have you thought about a Cobra? http://cobramoto.com/

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My dealer would give you about $100 off the price of the bike.
Margins are really thin on those bikes.

He would rather give you a good deal on gear and if the kid is actually racing it he would hand out some of the sponsorship packages he has for MX riders.
He gets vouchers from certain manufacturers / distributors / vendors for parts like chains, sprockets, tires, levers, oil, fuel, that kind of stuff.

I am a KTM guy, but have you thought about a Cobra? http://cobramoto.com/

View Quote

Yeah I have thougth about the cobra. The boy really wants a KTM there are a bunch of KTM dealers with in a 2 hour drive and the local shop (long time friend) is point me towards the KTM.

I'll check around on vouchers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Huge power upgrade from a PW to a KTM.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Huge power upgrade from a PW to a KTM.  Good luck!
View Quote

I was looking at the power reduction kits to help easy the transition. Assuming they have a throttle screw?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Got $100 bucks off, zero freight, and a sponsorship of 20% off any thing but tyres in their shop.

We ended up with the mini the sr was just to big for him still.
It was still in the box so they set it up while we went to lunch.

Had to adjust the clutch after the 1st ride as it was popping wheelies on him taking off.

He is getting more and more comfortable each lap around the house.

Throwing some roost off of one of his small jumps in the yard. (yes he has real motocross boots to wear)
1 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Now to get his pw50 back up and running so he can race in two different classes....
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:47:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Awesome!   I'm looking to get bikes for me and my young son next year, what age did you start him on the PW50 ?  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Awesome!   I'm looking to get bikes for me and my young son next year, what age did you start him on the PW50 ?  

View Quote

He started on a little gas powered quad at age 2. He was riding a bicycle a week after turning 3 with out training wheels and I put him on a pw50 at just under 3.5 with out training wheels from the get go. He is now 4.5 years old. He has always been a go kid. Started walking at 8 months and hasn't stopped moving since. His first little quad was at a year and it was one of those little electric disney quads from walmart, he drove that thing all over the house and garage.
I take him to the track and I have to pull him off the track as  they close, we get there when they open. While all the other kids left 2-3 hours after they get there and take 6 breaks. It's all I can do to get him to stop and eat and get a drink.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, sounds like he really loves to ride.  Guess I better hurry up and get my almost 3 yr old son on at least a Power Wheels Quad.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wow, sounds like he really loves to ride.  Guess I better hurry up and get my almost 3 yr old son on at least a Power Wheels Quad.  
View Quote

He loves any sport and excels at any thing I have put him in.

He plays basketball, soccer, and baseball. He runs circles around kids in his 3-6 age group, since he was 3 years old.

He swims and flips off the high dives at the pool starting this past summer.
I built him a peewee baseball field in our side yard. 70 ft to the road from home base... he has almost taken out a few cars. (His league plays coach pitch with tennis balls)

As long as he is having fun, I support him to do anything, with the grand parents help in this case lol.

Next up is winter skiing, buying those next week for Christmas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top