Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2015 11:37:17 PM EDT
Bad front wheel bearing on the Silverado, 2500 Not HD model, its a 01 if that makes a difference
does anyone off hand have specs on torq ft pounds? hub, axle nut, caliper bracket and caliper?
I have found a couple different sources with very different specs, one for 1500's and another for 2500 HD and diesel
they are so different I don't know what of the two to go with, yeah I know I need to get the book on it, I got a bit more work to do

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#2]
For the 3 bolts (1500) or 4 bolts (2500+) on the hub I've always gone with "fuckin tight" along with a couple drops of locktite. I use this setting for caliper mounting bolts as well.

The big nut on the half shaft (if it's a 4x4) I've always gone with dot 2 on the Ingersoll 1/2 inch impact and I let'er eat.  I'm guessing 80 to 100ish. I don't go crazy on the large nit because it could effect the pre load on the bearing and shorten it's life span.

Use Timken bearings..that's as important as torque. Torque is a wild ass guess anyway, too many factors can effect torque, that's why critical fasteners are measured in torque angle.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I think its 180 or 200 on the center nut.  

I just replaced the front hubs on my 97 k2500 and hard time finding info also.  I think what info I found was what I typed above.

Edit.
I just looked it up 175 on the center, 130 on the hub bolts. That's for the older body style but should be accurate enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top