Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2015 2:31:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've seen, trucks like that are typically worth the value of the engine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I've seen, trucks like that are typically worth the value of the engine.
View Quote

Pretty much.

And the 4BT is pretty underwhelming, I mean its cool, but a 6BT is underwhelming anymore and one with less cylinders is a hard meh in a full size truck.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pretty much.

And the 4BT is pretty underwhelming, I mean its cool, but a 6BT is underwhelming anymore and one with less cylinders is a hard meh in a full size truck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

If going fast is all that's important to you, then the 4BT isn't the engine for you. If you want excellent fuel economy, proven durability and reliability, ease of maintenance, and plenty of power for everything but towing heavy trailers or rollin' coal with the bros & their dozers, a 4BT will do everything you want. Believe it or not, there was a time when fullsize pickups had engines in the 150HP range - well within the 4BT's range - and people did everything with them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If going fast is all that's important to you, then the 4BT isn't the engine for you. If you want excellent fuel economy, proven durability and reliability, ease of maintenance, and plenty of power for everything but towing heavy trailers or rollin' coal with the bros & their dozers, a 4BT will do everything you want. Believe it or not, there was a time when fullsize pickups had engines in the 150HP range - well within the 4BT's range - and people did everything with them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

Duramax

Im just messing with you man, Im just a HP junkie (Hence the screenname)

OP post some pictures of the thing I want to see it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a simplicity junkie, I'll take almost anything that doesn't have a computer over almost anything that does. (I would not take a 6.2l or 6.5l diesel over a Duramax.) My YJ has an OM617 waiting to go in it, it won't have much more power than the 4.2l but it'll get 30+mpg and run on waste Jet-A I get at work.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#7]
PM sent. They are great little engines. 25 MPG is not unrealistic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top