Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2015 4:39:24 PM EDT
Just put a set of new wheels and tires on my car. Took off the TPMS sensors and have them sitting on my desk. I know at least one of them is bad. I tried using a Rhode and Schwartz FSU26 spectrum analyzer ( $65K ) to measure the frequency output of the sensors but I am not getting any readings from any of them.

Are they supposed to be putting out a reading ( mine are 315Mhz ) off the vehicle?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
OK. Did a bit of reading. The TPMS I have in possession have a built in accelerometer which activates the circuit. Now I just need to figure out how to bypass that. Ill have to find a schematic
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
So I take it you need to put the sensors in your new wheels?

Any reason you want them?  Can you just leave them out...pull the bulb for the dash light?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
My jeep jk 11 has low tire pressure light on even though all tires are 32-35 psi.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So I take it you need to put the sensors in your new wheels?

Any reason you want them?  Can you just leave them out...pull the bulb for the dash light?
View Quote

Mostly to get the light to turn off. Im going to pull the gauges soon and put a piece of black tape under the laminate of the gauges to cover it up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top