Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2015 4:38:27 PM EDT
ATGATT sure was a big Ole bag of suck today. 93 with a heat index of 101 and 50% humidity currently, I just pulled back in after meeting some family for lunch and running some errands. Even worse? Everybody and their brother trying to make small talk at every business I went into today. 'Boy, you sure must be hot. Wouldn't you be more comfortable in jeans (sometimes shorts) and a t shirt?' My answer? "Beats skin grafts" followed by a tired smile and going about my business.

For the record, it wasn't bad while I was moving and I had shorts on under my over pants and swapped to tennis shoes for lunch, so that wasn't bad, even sat on the patio of the restaurant under an umbrella. All in all still a better time riding than sitting in the car

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I need more / better gear.

I like your reply and intend to steal it for my future use.

-Gary
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Motoport mesh Kevlar saved me from misery while riding through Central America. It is the next best thing to shorts and a Tshirt.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need more / better gear.

I like your reply and intend to steal it for my future use.

-Gary
View Quote

Definitely gear up and while I can't take credit for saying it first, I will take credit for sharing it with you

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Motoport mesh Kevlar saved me from misery while riding through Central America. It is the next best thing to shorts and a Tshirt.
View Quote

I have Sidici pants and coat with mesh in non critical areas as well as mesh vents. The pants are cooler than jeans, but there is more breathable stuff out there. This is my first set of gear and it came with liners to make it 3 season as well as a lifetime warranty. I'll suck it up for a few years then upgrade to something more summer weight. Boots are Tourmaster Airs, but boots is boots and boots are hot lol.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]
When it gets that hot and I'm only running errands, I will take the cage.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Truck needs an oil change that I haven't gotten to yet

Besides, I was hot and sweaty from laying hardwood floor all morning, so it wasn't like I was fresh as a daisy to begin with

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hot weather sometimes sucks...but I've also frozen my ass off on longer rides in warmer weather.  I don't have much natural insulation so I cool down pretty rapidly
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]
yup, it sucked today. Air temp on the bike, 104.  inside the gear, felt about 204. thank god for mesh.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I said hell no to riding today....to effing hot for me

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I said hell no to riding today....to effing hot for me

View Quote

I got caught in a popup storm. It was...glorious! Just enough to cool me off.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here...rode this morning but switching to pickup at lunch...
I did purchase some mesh pants yesterday. Much more pleasent.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

ATACATT
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#13]
it has been warm here. I have some decent mesh though
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I wussed out tonight. Spent the day laying hardwood flooring and was beat. Between the heat and being tired I took the truck for dinner
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL.  I road in full leathers all the time in Vegas when I had my bike.  Power ranger or nothing.  Nothing like trying to cross the strip in mid day, mid summer, feeling your thighs melt to the bike.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:02:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I had to share reason 1,000 why I where a helmet in this thread.
Yesterday on my way home from work I hit a nasty rain storm while on the interstate.
I passed a guy riding a "Cool Guy" cruiser with just a tee shirt and shorts. While being pelted with rain in his face and body he was having a very hard time controlling his bike even riding at about 40 mph.

-Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top