Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2015 1:59:59 PM EDT
Have a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado with a heating/AC issue I've never encountered.  For some reason the system does not blow anything at all out of the vents (nothing at all - no cold or hot air) until I hit about 20 mph.  Once it starts blowing the air is ice cold and the heater works fine.  I can slow down or stop and it will continue blowing just as good.  The issue only occurs when I first start the vehicle until it kicks on when I hit 15 - 20 mph.  

Anyone know what's causing this?  It seems like it should be an obvious problem, but I know nothing of HVAC systems and my Googling hasn't been successful.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a stuck blower motor, or bad connection to it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Have a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado with a heating/AC issue I've never encountered.  For some reason the system does not blow anything at all out of the vents (nothing at all - no cold or hot air) until I hit about 20 mph.  Once it starts blowing the air is ice cold and the heater works fine.  I can slow down or stop and it will continue blowing just as good.  The issue only occurs when I first start the vehicle until it kicks on when I hit 15 - 20 mph.  

Anyone know what's causing this?  It seems like it should be an obvious problem, but I know nothing of HVAC systems and my Googling hasn't been successful.
View Quote
Blower resistors are a common problem on those trucks. Take the cover off on the passenger side and unplug the resistor and you will see melted stuff. Replace the resistor and pigtail and enjoy blower speeds again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top