Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2015 9:23:02 AM EDT
I am thinking about getting one, anyone have an opinion on them?
Lots of low mile ones for sale... just wondering if they are underpowered or have issues..

What says the hive??
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Just bought a '15 r-spec last month; it's definitely has some get up and go; I like mine but 950 doesn't mean the same as it would in a sportbike.  Tops out at 111 in 5th.  Absolutely no room for anything not even insurance/registration papers. The seat is comfy.  Mileage isn't the best maybe 140ish but actually has a low fuel light. Overall I'd buy again.  I'm already looking for pipes/air/tune to give it a little more !  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the oil filter accessible?
I know on the older star bikes, you had to remove the front pipe to access the oil filter. Just wondering if they fixed that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, fairly easy it's on the very front left hand side; it's possible with a strap wrench but Sooo much easier with a ratchet style that fits the filter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Keul, thanks for following he reply. I will check them out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top