Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2015 11:07:23 PM EDT
To all the mechanics and car gurus I could use some insight. My truck a Ford Ranger is leaking coolant from what looks to be the backside of the engine almost near the transmission. I couldn't get up under there to get a good look. I figured that was a weird spot to be leaking from. I don't know what could be wrong with it. Do any of you know what it could be or even had this happen? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Heater hose to the heater core maybe?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Intake gasket or freeze plug.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the heater hose to the heater core an expensive fix?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Intake gasket or freeze plug.
View Quote

Intake gasket seems plausible. I had the freeze plugs changed about a year ago when I had the timing cover gasket changed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a mirror and some good lighting to peek behind the motor. There may be a temp sensor back there too.

Heater core hoses are about 1" rubber hose usually. The run from the motor (intake manifold sometimes )into the firewall. Feel around the joint to see if it is wet.

What year and motor?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:47:58 AM EDT
[#6]
What year ? what engine ?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#7]
There are freeze plugs on the rear of most engines, many are under the bellhousing. What year, engine?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What year ? what engine ?
View Quote

94 3.0
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Heater core hoses are about 1" rubber hose usually. The run from the motor (intake manifold sometimes )into the firewall. Feel around the joint to see if it is wet.
View Quote

A common problem across many vehicles as nobody ever remembers to change them when doing the routine hose replacement.  Eventually they rot and start leaking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top