Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2015 4:52:02 PM EDT
Has anyone else mounted an alice pack on their bike; either on a sissybar or otherwise? I need something bigger than the commercially available saddlebags, and would prefer not to drop a grand+ on adventure-style hard cases. I know I can fit what I need in the ruck, and would rather hang it on the bike than wear it. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of bike are you talking about?  The biggest problem you are going to have with the alice pack would be your gear will most likely get soaked if you go through a rain.  

You might look into using a duffel bag.  Something like this might come in handy.  http://wolfmanluggage.com/products/beta-plus-rear-bag
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Ventura rack & pack on my XB9.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Do they have a distributer with a website with prices? I'm curious on how much something like that runs and their website just sends you to "Ask your distributer" page.

Looks like it would suit some of my needs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do they have a distributer with a website with prices? I'm curious on how much something like that runs and their website just sends you to "Ask your distributer" page.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really don't remember where I bought it,  but their page lets me add it to cart and buy it right from them.

Other wise:  http://www.ventura-mca.com/dealers
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used a regular duffel bag many times.

eta: load heavy stuff in the bottom and strapped to sissy bar. It makes a nice backrest too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a question a KLR owner would ask, cheap bastards that they are.

It should work, if you can secure it well. Just watch the straps don't flap around and get into something or melt on the exhaust.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It should work, if you can secure it well. Just watch the straps don't flap around and get into something or melt on the exhaust.
View Quote

If he were a KLR owner he would be asking how to mount a milk crate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He'd already know....with duct tape.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#9]
No KLR here; there's a picture on page 170 of the 'show us your bikes' thread. My primary motivation behind this is carrying my turnout gear between Fire stations if/when I pick up extra shifts. I need a bag big enough to fit all my gear. That wolfman luggage might do it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top