Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are the tires.  
20150503_162058 by guns762, on Flickr" />

20150503_162119 by guns762, on Flickr" />

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
That's nice.

I like the crash bars and the motor guard.  Nice little extras there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Good looking bike!  Hope that you have many enjoyable miles on it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice bike.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Another question, and I did look on Stromtrooper with no success,  what's the normal coolant temp in bars?  Mine was running at 3 bars today, just running around town on a little test drive.  The fan didn't come on, but I wondered it it should be running at 3 or 2 or what.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Another question, and I did look on Stromtrooper with no success,  what's the normal coolant temp in bars?  Mine was running at 3 bars today, just running around town on a little test drive.  The fan didn't come on, but I wondered it it should be running at 3 or 2 or what.
View Quote

3 is normal...right where it's supposed to be.

Tires don't look that bad, really, not 50% but there's some miles left on 'em. Looks like you got a good scoot! Givi bars, nice skid plate, nice aftermarket seat (Sargent?), good bags (for touring...wouldn't dual sport with 'em). That's a very nicely appointed Strom.

I did a 445 mile "get acquainted" run with my Wee today riding all over the good roads in Southern Ohio, first time I've really gotten to stretch its legs and enjoy all kinds of twisty roads and trails. The Tourances on it fucking suck...they'll be getting tossed right quick...tar snakes and loose anything in the road and they're pretty much slicks. They're terrible on any kind of dirt, too, but I kind of expected that. Other than that, it's a barrel of fun. Saw lots of adventure bikes out today, tis the season!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I just realized I forgot to clean the air filter.

Of course it's not exactly easy to get to....fuel tank lift...  

Im too tired from yesterday's 16hr round trip.  I'll get it later this week before I do much riding.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tires don't look that bad, really, not 50% but there's some miles left on 'em. Looks like you got a good scoot! Givi bars, nice skid plate, nice aftermarket seat (Sargent?), good bags (for touring...wouldn't dual sport with 'em). That's a very nicely appointed Strom.

I did a 445 mile "get acquainted" run with my Wee today riding all over the good roads in Southern Ohio, first time I've really gotten to stretch its legs and enjoy all kinds of twisty roads and trails. The Tourances on it fucking suck...they'll be getting tossed right quick...tar snakes and loose anything in the road and they're pretty much slicks. They're terrible on any kind of dirt, too, but I kind of expected that. Other than that, it's a barrel of fun. Saw lots of adventure bikes out today, tis the season!!

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11182301_10205183586927551_8790874521372429922_n.jpg?oh=8d729ab1f41fcc9c7f75fdaa600a1398&oe=55DDD472

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11182301_10205183586927551_8790874521372429922_n.jpg?oh=8d729ab1f41fcc9c7f75fdaa600a1398&oe=55DDD472

Thanks Swingset!  I appreciate the info.   Nice looking ride yourself.  You'll have to tell me what tires I should purchase so I don't get the wrong ones.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, and as you said Swing, the sprocket and chain have been replaced.  After digging all the dirt off of them, they look pretty decent.  Chain was also in adjustment.  I had to adjust the clutch a little but it was pretty easy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thanks Swingset!  I appreciate the info.   Nice looking ride yourself.  You'll have to tell me what tires I should purchase so I don't get the wrong ones.
View Quote

Tires are like pants...lol.

Depends on your riding style, really. I always run a dual sport tire because any chance I get I'm hitting gravel and dirt roads, so I prefer to sacrifice a little longevity for better handling on the loose stuff. I have had great luck with the radial version Shinko 705's, bang for buck they're great. The bias ply versions weren't so hot, but the R version is gtg for my style.

For all around riding the stock Trailwings are actually pretty damned good, as are Battlewings. I've run both and liked them a lot, they're just not as good in the dirt and slop...but they last a long time, good in wet pavement and both did great on long trips.

Guys that do mostly street speak really highly of Power Pilots, but I've never run them.

If you really go crazy on running dirt, a set of TKC-80's or Kenda Big Blocks are the tits, but you'll fry them on long pavement runs.

YMMV, pun intended.

Air filter ain't bad to change, mostly the fairing removal is the PITA (the bars will make it tricky, but can be done). Not hard, just takes a few. If you have the tank off, might do a trottle body sync while you're in there (having access will allow you to connect longer service port hoses). Then, from there on out you can access them without any fuss (I just mate them together with a union, rather than plugging, which is perfectly fine).

If you don't have a manometer, you can make one for pretty much pennies. Instructions for the procedure are on Strom and VSRI.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#11]
very good buy for the set up. Givi bars, racks, bags, top box plate, skid plate, Sargent seat (!).  Yeah, a bunch of miles left in those tires. I'll second  the Shinko 705, and also look at Full Bore M40. I put a set on my Tiger, and couldnt believe ow well they performed for being $120 a set, delivered!

Enjoy the bike, you got a good one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
very good buy for the set up. Givi bars, racks, bags, top box plate, skid plate, Sargent seat (!).  Yeah, a bunch of miles left in those tires. I'll second  the Shinko 705, and also look at Full Bore M40. I put a set on my Tiger, and couldnt believe ow well they performed for being $120 a set, delivered!

View Quote

Thank you again for your help.  It even came with the original seat too.  I may have to try it out.  The Sargent felt pretty good.  I'm still getting used to having my feet so far back under neath me.  

My initial impressions of the bike, compared to my vstar is:
Holy shit you get up to speed quick with out much notice.

quieter....my helmet may need replaced.  Wind noise is louder than the motor

Much more nimble.

Much lighter to handle

Doesn't even feel like I'm even close to needing 6th gear at 60mph, yet I was always looking for more gears on my vstar and always felt like Scotty was screaming,  'I'm givin' er all she's got captn'.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Before I go spending a bunch of money, what should I expect to pay to get a set of tires installed on my bike?  The only real bike shops are 30 miles away.  Should I have the bearings replaced while they've got the wheels off?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thank you again for your help.  It even came with the original seat too.  I may have to try it out.  The Sargent felt pretty good.  I'm still getting used to having my feet so far back under neath me.  

Much more nimble.

Much lighter to handle

Doesn't even feel like I'm even close to needing 6th gear at 60mph, yet I was always looking for more gears on my vstar and always felt like Scotty was screaming,  'I'm givin' er all she's got captn'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much more nimble.

Much lighter to handle

first off, nice bike, came with some useful farkles and looks to be in good shape. if you're not gonna be dirt riding those tires should be fine on the road for a bit, no need for immediate replacement.

ear plugs are your friend with regards to noise.I came off a 617lb cb900 to my versys so  I know what you mean about how agile the smaller bike feels. it's really kind of impressive that such a small bike can have so much get up and go, guess it's all about that power to weight ratio.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Before I go spending a bunch of money, what should I expect to pay to get a set of tires installed on my bike?  The only real bike shops are 30 miles away.  Should I have the bearings replaced while they've got the wheels off?
View Quote

Shops around me run $20-30 per tire (off the bike) to change.

If you're going to keep riding, a Harbor Freight changer and a No-Mar bar is a good investment. Will pay for itself pretty quick...they sell the changers on sale pretty often.

As for bearings, if they haven't been abused, they should be good for quite a while. When you have the tire off give them a good feel - if they're gritty or feel sloppy on the inner race, change 'em. Make sure to get a sealed bearing, the OEM's are not sealed. I just took mine to a local bearing shop and had them matched up - they're a common size. All of $12 for fronts, and $20 for backs. I put 55,000 on that set, and they were still glassy when I got rid of my Vee. My OEM's made it to 30k before I noticed any grit.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#16]

ear plugs are your friend with regards to noise.I came off a 617lb cb900 to my versys so  I know what you mean about how agile the smaller bike feels. it's really kind of impressive that such a small bike can have so much get up and go, guess it's all about that power to weight ratio.
View Quote

I was hoping with out the loud pipes they wouldn't be as necessary.  I normally have ear buds in for music, but I was hoping I wouldn't need them for wind noise.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Wind noise is a matter of speed and not displacement.  Course, a noisy set of pipes can cause more issues.  But a set of plugs are always a good thing to keep on hand.  BTW, with a Sena headset and plugs, you can still hear your music, while the plugs help kill the wind noise.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish I could say what to expect for a tire change, but I can't. I live 20 minutes from Dallas, so l,ots of bike shops, independant mechanics, and even a bunch of Cycle Gear stores near by. $20 a tire off the bike to mount and balance.

I would bet around $40-50 on the bike. Nothing to remove on these bikes, just pull the axle bolt......  while you're at it, I'm a big fan of the angled valve stems.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I wanted to add, ask, comment;  with the givi luggage installed how the hell do normal folks get their leg over the bike.  I'm 6'3,  and I had to perform some serious acrobatic moves to get my leg over without scraping the luggage with my foot.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Another comment....I know...I'm rambling;

A former friend, colleague, and neighbor, who is also a liberal asshole, rode by my house today several times, riding each of the bikes in his stable.  He's a guru of bikes and even has his own shop out of his garage.  It's impressive and if anything, he is the motorcycle goto guy in my town.   It's his thing.

One of his newer bikes, from a year or so ago is a Versy.  I had to thank all of you that helped me when I saw him on it, as I might have ended up with the same.  It's probably a fine bike, but you folks gave  me faith that I made the correct choice, and my neighbor/asshole/ liberal/prick /motorcycle guru ended up with the lesser bike.        

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#21]
When I have all of the luggage on my Wee I will get on it while it's still on the center stand and always put the sidestand down before I get off. Otherwise your boot will catch on something and pull the bike over. If the luggage isn't installed I can throw my leg over to get on no problem without the centerstand but still put the side stand down before getting off.

Eta: the oil sight window in you pic at the bottom of the last page looks empty, I hope that's just an effect of the camera angle!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was hoping with out the loud pipes they wouldn't be as necessary.  I normally have ear buds in for music, but I was hoping I wouldn't need them for wind noise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

most of the noise is from the wind, pipes just ass to it.

Quoted:
I wanted to add, ask, comment;  with the givi luggage installed how the hell do normal folks get their leg over the bike.  I'm 6'3,  and I had to perform some serious acrobatic moves to get my leg over without scraping the luggage with my foot.

I stand on one peg then swing my other leg over. depending on the model you should be able to use one of the side cases and mount it on the rear cargo rack and use it as a small top case. givi luggage is pretty flexible that way.

Quoted:
Another comment....I know...I'm rambling;

A former friend, colleague, and neighbor, who is also a liberal asshole, rode by my house today several times, riding each of the bikes in his stable.  He's a guru of bikes and even has his own shop out of his garage.  It's impressive and if anything, he is the motorcycle goto guy in my town.   It's his thing.

One of his newer bikes, from a year or so ago is a Versy.  I had to thank all of you that helped me when I saw him on it, as I might have ended up with the same.  It's probably a fine bike, but you folks gave  me faith that I made the correct choice, and my neighbor/asshole/ liberal/prick /motorcycle guru ended up with the lesser bike.        

wow, guy sounds like a total douchebag. the versys is still a great bike though. I love mine
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

wow, guy sounds like a total douchebag. the versys is still a great bike though. I love mine
View Quote

I didn't mean to insult the Versy, sorry, it did come off that way.  I really meant it as a compliment to this community and the variety of knowledge you get here.  

The Versy, as you and others stated,  is a great bike and perfect for some.  If my neighbor owns one, it's a great bike.  He knows motorcycles.  What brought my thoughts, was that he loves riding in the dirt.  All of his bike choices revolve around off road use.  He would have recommended the Versy to me, yet most folks here said it's more for street than the vstrom.  

For his style of riding, his choice might not have been the right one.  Hell, maybe I'm the douchebag, I don't know shit about either one.  

I do know, arfcom if awesome, and always seems to have the knowledge I seek.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not a dumb question, it's tough on a tall adventure bike to leg-over.

You can step on the peg with your left foot, swing your right over (boosting you up), or my method which is more useful should you ever fill the rear seat up with camping gear or a roll or whatever) is to face the seat and kick one leg straight over (rather than swing) and then twist sideways into the seat. I don't ever hit the seat or boxes doing it that way. Looks like you're karate kicking someone off your bike, lol.

You reverse it for getting off (a little trickier).
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#25]
I've landed on my but more than once when using the swingset method. Its about the only way though when the back seat has a bag full of stuff also.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I've landed on my but more than once when using the swingset method. Its about the only way though when the back seat has a bag full of stuff also.
View Quote

Yeah, if you're not careful you'll end up on your back like a sad turtle...usually when people are looking.

John Cleese invented this style of mounting.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have the Oxford Heaters grips...really nice, a lot of Strom guys run them. I think they were $60 on ebay.

View Quote

I went ahead and ordered a set of the Oxford Heaterz Adventure grips.  How hard are they to install?  Do you cut the old grips off?  I don't think I've ever changed a set on a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Here's a link to installation thread on a Vstrom forum. It's fairly straightforward. Did you get the newer style Oxford grips that auto shut off when they stop sensing vibrations or the original version that has to be turned off manually? The auto version can be wired directly to the battery so it's very simple.  If it's the manual version search that forum for "horn relay" for instructions to wire them to an existing lead that is switched off/on with the key (Your battery will thank you).
Eta: I think those grips come with a tube of super glue to use with the installation. Throw that away and use a can of spray paint, just a quick shot of paint inside of the grip tube right before installing provides lubrication to slide them on easily and a really good firm adhesive when the paint dries.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here's a link to installation thread on a Vstrom forum. It's fairly straightforward. Did you get the newer style Oxford grips that auto shut off when they stop sensing vibrations or the original version that has to be turned off manually? The auto version can be wired directly to the battery so it's very simple.  If it's the manual version search that forum for "horn relay" for instructions to wire them to an existing lead that is switched off/on with the key (Your battery will thank you).
Eta: I think those grips come with a tube of super glue to use with the installation. Throw that away and use a can of spray paint, just a quick shot of paint inside of the grip tube right before installing provides lubrication to slide them on easily and a really good firm adhesive when the paint dries.
View Quote

Switched circuits are easy to find, most are switched. I always used hair spray. AquaNet worked great for grip glue.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the link.  I read the whole thread, and now don't know what I'm going to do to glue them on.  The thread says hairspray and the supplied super glue both fail at temp.  

There wasn't really a total agreement on what is the go to glue/lubricant.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know what they mean "fail at temp". As in grip slips when hot? Get some high temp rtv. It won't slip. Only use a thin film, let it dry well before use.

Just a thought. I've never had a grip slip with hair spray or the grip glue you can buy.  I'll be putting those same grips on my wife's new bike, and will use Scott's grip glue.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't know what they mean "fail at temp". As in grip slips when hot? Get some high temp rtv. It won't slip. Only use a thin film, let it dry well before use.

Just a thought. I've never had a grip slip with hair spray or the grip glue you can buy.  I'll be putting those same grips on my wife's new bike, and will use Scott's grip glue.
View Quote

When the unit heats up to full temp, the glue and hair spray fail to hold them in place.   I'll bet grill/oven paint/engine paint would probably work pretty well, and not fail when they get hot.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
When the unit heats up to full temp, the glue and hair spray fail to hold them in place.   I'll bet grill/oven paint/engine paint would probably work pretty well, and not fail when they get hot.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a pair of Symtec grips on a DRZ400 slip when I used hairspray, so I think there might be something to that.

I used Krylon clearcoat on the Strom when I installed the Oxfords and they held for many years and a lot of use.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#34]
If I were you I wouldnt install the grips right away, you've mentioned that you're tall and as such you may find yourself wanting taller/wider handlebars, especially if you plan to ride off road and stand on the pegs. You only want to install heated grips once
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If I were you I wouldnt install the grips right away, you've mentioned that you're tall and as such you may find yourself wanting taller/wider handlebars, especially if you plan to ride off road and stand on the pegs. You only want to install heated grips once

View Quote

Good point. Of course, you can use risers to get the desired position after said fact, but many people put alternative bars on (like the Pro Taper ATV-hi bar). So, do some experimenting before you mount them up and decide how comfortable things are beforehand.

The stocker handlebars are butter soft, too, so if you're doing anything where drops are regular (riding like an imbecile offroad) a better aluminum bar might be wise anyway...along with some stout handguards like Cycra Pro Bends or the like (there's a chinese knockoff of the Cycras on fleabay that's cheap and does the job).
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good point. Of course, you can use risers to get the desired position after said fact, but many people put alternative bars on (like the Pro Taper ATV-hi bar). So, do some experimenting before you mount them up and decide how comfortable things are beforehand.

The stocker handlebars are butter soft, too, so if you're doing anything where drops are regular (riding like an imbecile offroad) a better aluminum bar might be wise anyway...along with some stout handguards like Cycra Pro Bends or the like (there's a chinese knockoff of the Cycras on fleabay that's cheap and does the job).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm, that seems like wise advice.   I did notice that the handle bars seemed to have a lot of give in them when I was trying to tie it down on the trailer.  I ended up using very little pressure there, as I was afraid I'd bend them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#37]
The SevenEighths ATV High bars Swing set mentioned are almost the same profile as the stock bars. If you like them, but want stronger, go with he SE atv bars. I did and it takes away all the flexiness of the cheap oem bars.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Here's a link to the handguards I was talking about. If you're going to hit the dirt, or run ASV-style adjustable levers (which don't fit under the "crimp" of the stock handguards very well, these are a good alternative and they're very stout for the $$.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400606610333?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#39]
You fellas are going to make his expensive...
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#40]
It's supposed to snow here this weekend.  I was thinking I wouldn't need those heated grips much till fall, except if I was going to Yellowstone.

Ehh, I probably wouldn't have time to mount them up till Sat anyway.  

I'll have to take a closer look at what all it takes to swap over handle bar sets.  Seems like the throttle grip might be the most difficult part?  I haven't even wandered out and taken an in depth look at it yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You fellas are going to make his expensive...
View Quote

lol, it's terrible, isn't it? Fucking bikes are like Jeeps, you can't leave them alone.

That's why I'm suggesting more moderate priced options, I'm on a 2-wheeled budget so I don't always have the funds to spend top dollar on my gear. Have to kind of pick and choose where I buy top quality and where I'll save a buck.

For instance, I bought the Bales filter adapter - it replaces the threaded insert and allows you to screw on common 7317 filters (same size as the OEM's just different threads) which are the most common and cheap filter out there. Silly? Maybe, only saves me a few dollars over the real thing, but stretched out over years of oil changes I just saved enough for a new rear tire, or a trip somewhere, or whatever....and I can still use good quality fiters that are at every parts store.

You have lots of time to ride and figure out what things are important, which aren't, and what kind of riding appeals to you. I'm still adding shit to mine, I think when I had my Vee it went through 3 or 4 transformations before I was finally happy...then I wrecked it. Doh!

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I'll have to take a closer look at what all it takes to swap over handle bar sets.  Seems like the throttle grip might be the most difficult part?  I haven't even wandered out and taken an in depth look at it yet.
View Quote

It's a snap, just undo the throttle cables (pay attention how they wrap around or take a picture of 'em first), slide the tube off, presto. Getting the grip off the tube can be tricky, but if you can get a little gap at one end, put an airhose nozzle in there and blast it, unless it was glued like a mofo, it should balloon and slide off.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's a snap, just undo the throttle cables (pay attention how they wrap around or take a picture of 'em first), slide the tube off, presto. Getting the grip off the tube can be tricky, but if you can get a little gap at one end, put an airhose nozzle in there and blast it, unless it was glued like a mofo, it should balloon and slide off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer the " leave the throttle cables alone " method.

After you get the everything else off the handlebar except for the throttle tube assembly,  go ahead and loosen the clamp holding it to the bar,  then unbolt the bar riser clamps and slide the bar out.   when you put the new bar in,  slide it in the throttle tube assembly and then clamp it back into the bar risers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

After you get the everything else off the handlebar except for the throttle tube assembly,  go ahead and loosen the clamp holding it to the bar,  then unbolt the bar riser clamps and slide the bar out.   when you put the new bar in,  slide it in the throttle tube assembly and then clamp it back into the bar risers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was assuming a grip change, but yeah that works fine too if you're just swapping bars.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#45]
You fellas and Amazon are a bad influence.    

Protaper SE ATV High bar/black ordered.  I figured, I'd like to upgrade the stock bars anyway before I put on the new grips, and this way if I find they need to be higher, I can just upgrade the brackets later.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Protaper SE ATV High bar/black ordered.  I figured, I'd like to upgrade the stock bars anyway before I put on the new grips, and this way if I find they need to be higher, I can just upgrade the brackets later.
View Quote

Sound logic. It gets harrier when you're doing like I am and scabbing together a second set of wheels so I can put some knobbies in the garage for gnarly rides. "Honest honey, I need these. You don't want me to fall over in the mud. I could hurt myself".

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol its a sickness and you've caught it. Go to your local Suzuki dealer, smile and give the first guy you see $200. This will get you used to spending money there on a regular basis lol, Seriously though - get to know someone at the parts counter - just go in shopping and start up a conversation, its easy if you talk about bikes. If you can make a friend you can get pretty good deals and they can get you practically anything you need for your bike without charging you retail. I think I paid $53 for my bars from the dealer, I have those exact bars and theyre a big improvement over stock for me, much more comfortable (especially standing up) and very stout vs. the stock ones.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#48]
You should count yourself somewhat blessed - I live 5 minutes away from Iron Pony, which is a fucking playland for bike accessories and parts. Place is huge, now they're a mega multi-bike dealer too. They've got so much of my damned money lately, I should have a stool in there like Norm from Cheers and they all shout "swingset!" when I walk in.

It's nice to be able to check things out and try gear on and really compare, but if you're an impulse buyer it's like being a compulsive gambler in Vegas.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I too like those bars,  have them on my supermoto.  I'm a pretty tall guy ( 6'4" )  and need all they have and then some.

Knobbies to go off road,  you guys kill me.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I too like those bars,  have them on my supermoto.  I'm a pretty tall guy ( 6'4" )  and need all they have and then some.

Knobbies to go off road,  you guys kill me.

<a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Pinepig/media/IMG_20150412_133505_zps0gayuykq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/IMG_20150412_133505_zps0gayuykq.jpg</a>
View Quote

Hmm, none of the bikes in that picture look like they are aproaching 500 lbs...

ETA Heidenau K60 Scouts FTMFW!
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top