Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 5:37:08 PM EDT
Anyone have a 2015 KIA Sedona?  We have been looking at minivans (ahem, "multi-purpose vehicles")  and seem to like it best.  It has great ratings from IIHS and I really like how the interior is more like a sedan/crossover. I am very interested in thoughts of those who have one, or even driven one.  2015 was a major redesign, which kills me because I dislike buying new.  That said we keep cars 10+ years.

Because threads need pictures and videos:

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally wouldn't buy any Kia. I see too many problems in my shop that shouldn't be a problem. Do you want to buy the 2008 Sorento sitting here with a bad engine?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I personally wouldn't buy any Kia. I see too many problems in my shop that shouldn't be a problem. Do you want to buy the 2008 Sorento sitting here with a bad engine?
View Quote

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass .  What are some of the more common things you see? Thanks for taking the time to share!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll try to test drive one tomorrow. We are looking at vans too, the Odessy felt small and the Sienna was expensive. The Kia is supposed to be smaller that those. I also want to look at the nissan. I am trying to avoid the Town and country, after our dodge left a bad taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone have a 2015 KIA Sedona?  We have been looking at minivans (ahem, "multi-purpose vehicles")  and seem to like it best.  It has great ratings from IIHS and I really like how the interior is more like a sedan/crossover. I am very interested in thoughts of those who have one, or even driven one.  2015 was a major redesign, which kills me because I dislike buying new.  That said we keep cars 10+ years.

Because threads need pictures and videos:
http://www.iihs.org/frontend/iihs/ratings/images/api-model-year-image.ashx?id=eyJNb2RlbFllYXIiOjIwMTUsIlNlcmllc0lkIjo0MTZ9&width=730

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/14q2/588880/2015-kia-sedona-sxl-interior-photo-589312-s-1280x782.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OADVsv0cKkU
View Quote

If longevity is your concern, then I would stick with the segment leaders:  Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im not a fan of kia nor will I ever buy one but lets be real here, most people that buy these vehicles are buying an appliance.
Im willing to bet the neglect on these vehicles is higher than any other type of vehicle out there.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass .  What are some of the more common things you see? Thanks for taking the time to share!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything to do with power steering - rack and pinions, hoses and pumps. Wheel bearings go bad on every car but they tend to go early on Kias. The V6 has a BAD history of the harmonic balancer/crankshaft bolt breaking. The one I have here has loosened and tore up the crankshaft beyond repair. Keep in mind that I'm a general repair shop and I don't do a lot of Kias but when I do they seem expensive to repair.

PS: If longevity is your concern, then I would stick with the segment leaders: Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey.   +1000 for this
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
We bought a used 08 Sienna a few years ago. It's been a great vehicle. Nothing but oil changes since we bought it with 75k. Now it's around 125.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
A friend has the AWD Toyota Sienna. Maybe 2009-2011 not sure. Borrowed it for a long trip with 6 people, very comfortable, tons of storage, cup holders, power ports,etc. It has almost 225K now, still going strong.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
We have a 2006 Kia Sedona with 160,000 on it, it runs like a champ. I'm looking at the 2015 Sedona as a replacement.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Super thanks for all the replies!  I tried some of the others, and my giant ARFBUTT fits best in the Sedona seat.  A local dealership is offering to double the 10/100,000 power train warranty, but I doubt I would have it more than 10 years.  For those that worked on them, I'm guessing the repair work would not be covered.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Super thanks for all the replies!  I tried some of the others, and my giant ARFBUTT fits best in the Sedona seat.  A local dealership is offering to double the 10/100,000 power train warranty, but I doubt I would have it more than 10 years.  For those that worked on them, I'm guessing the repair work would not be covered.
View Quote

Look into carbon buildup issues with the kia/hyundai direct injection engines.  I'm not sure if they resolved that issue yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top