Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:42:11 PM EDT
Title sums it up. looking at a new 2014 F150 5.0 4x4. its been on the lot since April of last year. Any concerns with it sitting that long? im sure its been shuttled around the lot but that's about it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
How many miles on the ODO?
April? Is is pink or over priced?

Gas sitting for awhile would be my concern. Run some additive for the first tank. Other will know more than me...shit, I can't even buy car soap
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
When I bought my 14 Mustang GT last year in February, it had been on the lot since April too.  No problem with it so far and just turned 12,700 miles.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Flat spotted tires would be the biggest concern.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Look for something that would keep it from selling .  I bought a 2008 GMC that was a old invoice vehicle that had body damage from the transport truck. I normally wouldn't buy that type of vehicle but with almost nine grand off I had to buy it.
Look it over good.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my new 2005 F150 Supercrew FX4 in May of 2006.
It did have 2 scratches on it.  Sitting on a lot that long, there's bound to be some kind of paint damage.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a regular cab STX. They have about 6 of them. all have been there since around the same time.

I think its part that its a regular cab and part that its not loaded with all the options is why they aren't selling.

Dealer showed me invoice - the real one( the one that shows A and X plan) , and said he'd take invoice minus rebates.

The sticking point is my trade - he doesn't want to give me shit for it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a new car back in 2000 that had been on the lot since April, bought it in September. Other than needing to buff the scratches out of the paint from the dealership dusting it off instead of washing it, I had no issues at all with it. Matter of fact I drove it till it died and took it to the salvage yard last fall. Great little car that I drove the wheels off of.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Make sure the vehicle wasn't reported sold to the manufacturer previously to capture an incentive before it expired. It's possible the rebate he's offering you now could be less than a previously offered incentive.

The issue is that according to the manufacturer the warranty period begins when the vehicle is reported as sold. So you could potentially have a shortened warranty. You can call ford and ask if the vehicle has been reported as sold yet.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think you'll see any ill effects from sitting on the lot for that long.

Invoice minus incentives is te price you should be able to get on any run-of-the-mill F150 with a little shopping around and possibly a willingness to travel to pick it up.

Either sell the trade yourself and then haggle further or move on.  No sense in getting worked up about a truck that can easily be found elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't think that applied anymore on radials now if they were bias ply I could see it
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the dealer is not trying hard . He should be able to deal the heck out of a last year truck. I would shop around more .Be willing to drive for a better deal . I drove 100 miles on way to buy my Honda and saved over $1600 over what my local dealer offered .
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#13]
The sticking point is my trade - he doesn't want to give me shit for it.
View Quote

Sell it yourself, then use the cash as a down payment on the Ford.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It does still apply. A friend just bought the same truck...2014 F150 and it had sat a long time...the tires were so flat spotted he made sure new tires were part of the deal. They probably stuck those tires on another truck.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't think that applied anymore on radials now if they were bias ply I could see it

It does still apply. A friend just bought the same truck...2014 F150 and it had sat a long time...the tires were so flat spotted he made sure new tires were part of the deal. They probably stuck those tires on another truck.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Radials dont flat spot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think the dealer is not trying hard . He should be able to deal the heck out of a last year truck. I would shop around more .Be willing to drive for a better deal . I drove 100 miles on way to buy my Honda and saved over $1600 over what my local dealer offered .
View Quote

Could also be there is a very small niche for single cab trucks outside of farm/ranch use in "private" sales. I know many dealerships that will not keep a 1/2 ton single cab on the lot because 80-90% of their sales are extended cabs, 4 doors and HD's. I've actually seen many shuttled over to fleet sales to test drive a similar drivetrain on that wheel base and then sat down to see if the trim package wanted is on a sister lot and if not order from the manufacturer.

Single cabs are generally pretty low priced trucks because it's a niche market and cost the dealer to keep the trucks on the lot cause they usually sit.

We tried to trade a 02 F150 (single cab, manual trans, shot bed, V6, 142k) for a 12 Edge in February of 2012. The dealer gave $500 for trade in. Sold that truck privately for $2750.

Radials do get flat spots…it's horrible if you've ever left a vehicle outside on concrete or asphalt if in sub-zero temps. They tend to go away as the tires get up to heat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top