Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Let's see your cars. (Page 20 of 67)
Page / 67
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gus:
Bought this one in Dec 2015...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Hellcat/IMG_3792_zpsmsywphv7.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Hellcat/11192016-4_zpsqubwsdkm.jpg

Believe it or not, my particular car is currently the quickest and fastest in the 1/4 mile among all purely stock Hellcats (no tires, no tune, no nothing. Mine's had an oil change since new, nothing else yet)  It's also the first purely factory stock Hellcat in the 10's.  :)

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Hellcat/timeslips%20first%20in%20tens_zps66kllyln.jpg

I've had this one since 2007, bought it new as well.  It's mostly just a toy but I do tow with it fairly regularly..

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Truck/ROTM1.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Truck/IMG_0400_zps6e3c9f92.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Hellcat/IMG_4331_zpsv9fsowum.jpg
View Quote
Looks good. Is yours an 8 speed I assume?

I've got an all black 2016 Challenger Hellcat posted earlier in this thread. It's an 8 speed auto and noticeably quicker than the 2015 6 speed I had prior.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:31:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muld3r] [#2]
Deleted
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By triburst1:

Looks good. Is yours an 8 speed I assume?

I've got an all black 2016 Challenger Hellcat posted earlier in this thread. It's an 8 speed auto and noticeably quicker than the 2015 6 speed I had prior.
View Quote
Yep, 8 speed automatic.  They are way quicker than the M6 cars.  That said, if I were a rich man, I'd have one of each.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bigbore:
I smile at how HUGE that 3200lb.  WRX is.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/random/lightness.jpg
View Quote
Tell me about that Seven. I'm currently looking for one to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thump_rrr] [#5]
Not the latest pics but you get the picture.
2005 Mustang GT.
The car has been gone through from top to bottom.
From Brembo brakes, full Steeda Suspension, Saleen blower pushing 14psi.
Ran 11.139 best @129mph.
New motor with ported heads and custom cams should put it in the low 10's or high 9's.

Pics of the latest wheels

Ford 9" with 35 spline axles and a Wavetrac LSD.

New engine build in progress.

My black nondescript van.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:10:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thump_rrr] [#6]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:13:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Not much to tell, as there is nothing to it

Ford 1600 crossflow
dual side draft webers
T9 4sp transmission.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigFatDog:

Tell me about that Seven. I'm currently looking for one to add to my collection.
Not much to tell, as there is nothing to it

Ford 1600 crossflow
dual side draft webers
T9 4sp transmission.
Is that the Cortina/Pinto engine from the '60s?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HardShell:
@acrooks

How wide are your stripes, and how wide in between them, if you know offhand?  

I recently had my silver '91 repainted and want to add black stripes, and the size/location of yours looks about what I had in mind.

Thanks!
View Quote
Just saw your reply post.

The vinyl stripes are 8" wide and 1.5" apart.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:41:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexasSailor] [#12]
Here is a pic of my '68 Chevy II Nova at a car show this past weekend.

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TexasSailor:
He is a pic of my '68 Chevy II Nova at a car show this past weekend.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o534/kw68nova/17498989_1317835954921061_7106923518171632253_n_zpsdosvsi05.jpg
View Quote
I'm coming to steal that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#14]
From today.

Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Bought this one in Dec 2015...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Hellcat/IMG_3792_zpsmsywphv7.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Hellcat/11192016-4_zpsqubwsdkm.jpg

Believe it or not, my particular car is currently the quickest and fastest in the 1/4 mile among all purely stock Hellcats (no tires, no tune, no nothing. Mine's had an oil change since new, nothing else yet)  It's also the first purely factory stock Hellcat in the 10's.  :)

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Hellcat/timeslips%20first%20in%20tens_zps66kllyln.jpg

I've had this one since 2007, bought it new as well.  It's mostly just a toy but I do tow with it fairly regularly..

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Truck/ROTM1.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Truck/IMG_0400_zps6e3c9f92.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/schv/Hellcat/IMG_4331_zpsv9fsowum.jpg
View Quote
So, what was the 7 second car?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 6:42:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By rdennis:

So, what was the 7 second car?
View Quote
It was either a 240Z or an Opel GT, all fiberglass, stretched body, with a badass big block of some kind.  A Competition Eliminator car, nearly a funny car but with doors.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]

It was either a 240Z or an Opel GT, all fiberglass, stretched body, with a badass big block of some kind.  A Competition Eliminator car, nearly a funny car but with doors.
View Quote
Was thinking it might have been one of the recent release COPO Camaros.  I heard those will run in the 8s straight from the dealer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:58:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gus] [#18]

Was thinking it might have been one of the recent release COPO Camaros.  I heard those will run in the 8s straight from the dealer.
View Quote
Those cars will be so rare you and I will only ever see them at NHRA races running in Stock Eliminator (as designed) or on Barrett Jackson being traded among ultra rich collectors. They aren't and can never be street legal, and they certainly aren't "production" cars.

That said it's so cool that the manufacturers are once again embroiled in a horsepower and performance war!!  I never thought in a million years that would ever happen again.  The Dodge equivalent to the COPO is the "Drag Pack" Challengers, which have been available for 7 or more years now, and in competition form are in the 8's and quicker as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By uglygun:
From today.

View Quote
Fantastic picture.  Very creative.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edcurtis] [#21]
Finally got some better pics....  My camera sucks it the color is off, but there ya go.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By edcurtis:
Finally got some better pics....  My camera sucks it the color is off, but there ya go.
View Quote
Badass! What happened to the Viper?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mark71:

Badass! What happened to the Viper?
View Quote
Sold it a couple months ago.  It was time for a change.  This may be a little slower because it does weigh about 400-500lbs more, but the 10 speed auto and comfort makes up for it! hah.  I've never had a car with heated steering wheel!  It has a ton of standard options.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Those cars will be so rare you and I will only ever see them at NHRA races running in Stock Eliminator (as designed) or on Barrett Jackson being traded among ultra rich collectors. They aren't and can never be street legal, and they certainly aren't "production" cars.

That said it's so cool that the manufacturers are once again embroiled in a horsepower and performance war!!  I never thought in a million years that would ever happen again.  The Dodge equivalent to the COPO is the "Drag Pack" Challengers, which have been available for 7 or more years now, and in competition form are in the 8's and quicker as well.
View Quote
They are a tribute to the original ZL1. I got pictures from a buddy in Minnesota last weekend of one that was dropped off at a dealer local to him. It made my tongue hard and teeth wet!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By edcurtis:

Sold it a couple months ago.  It was time for a change.  This may be a little slower because it does weigh about 400-500lbs more, but the 10 speed auto and comfort makes up for it! hah.  I've never had a car with heated steering wheel!  It has a ton of standard options.
View Quote
Oops. Guess I should have read one more post! I really like the data logging option. Congrats on a beautiful ride!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:00:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rdennis] [#27]

View Quote
The races you were running were for street legal vehicles only?  I'm guessing that 7 second fiberglass Competition Eliminator flopper wasn't street legal.  

Anyway, yes, it is nice the Big 3 are going back to the high horsepower machines.  I'm anxious to see a Demon on the road.  Talk about old school----any seats besides the front driver's seat are an option.  lol   Reminds me of those old Dodge 330 Hemis that had lexan windows and a pull strap to raise and lower the windows, just to save weight by not having glass and a crank.

it's just not fair, that Demon, now that Ford and Chevy are finally starting to catch up with the Hellcat.  lol
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:08:14 AM EDT
[#29]

The races you were running were for street legal vehicles only?  I'm guessing that 7 second fiberglass Competition Eliminator flopper wasn't street legal.  

Anyway, yes, it is nice the Big 3 are going back to the high horsepower machines.  I'm anxious to see a Demon on the road.  Talk about old school----any seats besides the front driver's seat are an option.  lol   Reminds me of those old Dodge 330 Hemis that had lexan windows and a pull strap to raise and lower the windows, just to save weight by not having glass and a crank.

it's just not fair, that Demon, now that Ford and Chevy are finally starting to catch up with the Hellcat.  lol
View Quote
No but people like to point to the COPO Camaro as some kind of "Hellcat killer", and it's not a fair comparison with the COPO being an all out race car, and one of a very few ever made by any of the US auto manufacturers that were not street legal from new.

Chevy's newest ZL1 still won't quite beat a Hellcat drag racing or roll racing but they are better on road courses.  The Ford everybody likes to point to is the Super Snake, which isn't even a Ford production car - it's an aftermarket conversion. The standard GT500 can't beat a Hellcat in a drag race.  Still, here I am almost belittling two badass cars that are so much quicker than anything that came before them, yet they "only" run mid 11's or so..  LOL!   In reality, at any given time, any of these cars could beat any of the others because drivers are human. They're that close even at this incredible performance level.  These are indeed the "good old days" for muscle cars.

The new Demon will put Dodge so far out in front that the other two may never catch them.  I sure do hope they try though!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:34:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#30]

No but people like to point to the COPO Camaro as some kind of "Hellcat killer", and it's not a fair comparison with the COPO being an all out race car, and one of a very few ever made by any of the US auto manufacturers that were not street legal from new.

Chevy's newest ZL1 still won't quite beat a Hellcat drag racing or roll racing but they are better on road courses.  The Ford everybody likes to point to is the Super Snake, which isn't even a Ford production car - it's an aftermarket conversion. The standard GT500 can't beat a Hellcat in a drag race.  Still, here I am almost belittling two badass cars that are so much quicker than anything that came before them, yet they "only" run mid 11's or so..  LOL!   In reality, at any given time, any of these cars could beat any of the others because drivers are human. They're that close even at this incredible performance level.  These are indeed the "good old days" for muscle cars.

The new Demon will put Dodge so far out in front that the other two may never catch them.  I sure do hope they try though!!!
View Quote
And the amazing thing is ANY of the current standard V8 versions of the cars are downright brutal with any of the available power adders.

Coyote or LS motor on twin turbos???   I hate that Ford cheaped out on the oil pump and timing gear sets making people rely on MMR for the billet parts for safe boost.   But the power is there for not much money.

Holy shit balls look out.   I hate Shelby America, factory "SVT" is where I wish it stayed rather than adopting the Shelby name and confusing shit between Ford factory and Shelby aftermarket.

The factory options are cool as hell from all 3.   I am a died in the wool Ford fan.   You just know a GT500 is looming to respond to this Hellcat and ZL1 stuff.

Hopefully when it hits the GT350 will go down in price.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:43:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rdennis] [#31]

View Quote
I wasn't "dissing" the Hellcat or making any comparisons.  I only mentioned the COPO because they can approach the 7 second range shown on that time slip.

I own a 2016 SRT 392 (HH6 wouldn't authorize the extra dough for the HC). I wasn't trolling you.

Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Powerkicker:

Is that  a shaker hood?
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#34]
No.
View All Quotes

Is that  a shaker hood?
No.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:32:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rdennis] [#35]

View Quote
I don't think any of the '60s - early 70's Camaros had shaker-style hoods.  Mustangs had the grabber or shaker hoods, but not Camaros.  So you probably won't see any on the newer Camaro models since its not in their heritage to have them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:46:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gus] [#36]

I wasn't "dissing" the Hellcat or making any comparisons.  I only mentioned the COPO because they can approach the 7 second range shown on that time slip.

I own a 2016 SRT 392 (HH6 wouldn't authorize the extra dough for the HC). I wasn't trolling you.

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/4857/Cjx2N0.jpg
View Quote
We're good!  I didn't think you were trolling, but didn't know you were an SRT owner..   I was just pointing out the rarity of the COPO cars and that it is unlikely either of us will ever see one in the wild.

I was just going to buy one of those (392 SRT) when they unveiled the HC, so I saved for another year and waited to hear whether the HC was going to hold up.

Honestly, an SRT with a manual transmission would be as much fun on the street as a guy could hope to have!  The Hellcat really needs the auto trans to hit its mark.  Either is functionally superior to anything that was ever offered in the `60's or `70's.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#37]

We're good!  I didn't think you were trolling, but didn't know you were an SRT owner..   I was just pointing out the rarity of the COPO cars and that it is unlikely either of us will ever see one in the wild.

I was just going to buy one of those (392 SRT) when they unveiled the HC, so I saved for another year and waited to hear whether the HC was going to hold up.

Honestly, an SRT with a manual transmission would be as much fun on the street as a guy could hope to have!  The Hellcat really needs the auto trans to hit its mark.  Either is functionally superior to anything that was ever offered in the `60's or `70's.
View Quote
Cool!

Funny - - I went in planning on getting a Scat Pack, but it was Sept. and the 2017s were on their way and the dealer made me an offer I simply couldn't refuse.  So I walked out with the SRT.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Blast from the past

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Nothing fancy. Just a simple daily driver with a nice tint job and lighting upgrades. Will be getting a nice set of wheels to replace the crappy hubcaps/steel.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:58:41 AM EDT
[#42]
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat ................

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:26:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Systrexx] [#44]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#45]
The rollbar is finished

Later this year I'll be extending the rollbar into a full cage and doing a full prep on the car.  

Attachment Attached File

Here is the whole shot (this image was before the bar and seats)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I had a 2012 Jetta TDI that I was planning on doing the emission modification with.  About a month ago, the check engine light came on and I made an appointment with VW to get it diagnosed.  They said the DPF was getting full and needed to be replaced.  $2000 for this.  And I was just over 100,000 miles and that serviced suggested the timing chain replacement.  Another $2000.  The mechanic told me that the vehicle would stop doing the regen and the DPF would fill up pretty quickly and eventually go in to limp mode and maybe had another 10,000 miles before it would basically quit.  That sealed it's fate.  As soon as I got back home, I called the claims service and changed my option from modification to turn in.

I did the paperwork and set my appointment to turn the vehicle in.  The very next day, the check engine light went off.  I thought about changing it back to modification but with the timing chain cost and the potential for the light to come back on, I decided to keep it as is.

One the day of the turn in, I was looking at potential new cars and came across a CPOed 2014 Mercedes Benz E350 4Matic.  The car didn't have every option that I wanted but it was close and the price was right.  I wasn't planning on taking home a vehicle home with me but everything worked out on it!

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#47]

The one on the left is mine(well, my wife owns it but we share it.)

2012 Lexus CT200h.  Basically a Lexus Prius.
@PhuzzyGnu
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Cool!

Funny - - I went in planning on getting a Scat Pack, but it was Sept. and the 2017s were on their way and the dealer made me an offer I simply couldn't refuse.  So I walked out with the SRT.
View All Quotes

Cool!

I bought a new R/T in November of 2015...but became unsatisfied, and traded it in on a new Scat Pack in December of 2016.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:21:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: paintcheck200] [#49]
Bah - my stupid image links didn't work :(  , Mod delete
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#50]
My stable.  Jeeps and trucks.
College daughter's truck, high school son's Jeep, wife's Jeep, my 3/4 ton Burb.  POS '15 Taurus not shown.
Page / 67
Tacked Let's see your cars. (Page 20 of 67)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top