BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 8:54:18 PM EDT
Ill try to keep this in TL/DR format

Home on Vacation

Moms car 2006 Ford Fusion, 2.3L I4 5 speed

Clutch pedal stops half way up intermittently yesterday

Today stuck on floor.

Clutch MC or Clutch slave bad, removed and will change both, ordered parts will be here in AM.

Decided to drain shared brake fluid reservoir via transfer hose to clutch MC

No fluid comes out of connection hose. Blow in connection hose, air comes out of brake reservoir. Brake fluid tastes bad.

Reservoir must be baffled... fill it passed the MAX line and fluid comes out transfer hose.

Must be a safety thing not allowing clutch to drain brake fluid.

Seems odd that the brake fluid has to be nearly over filled for the clutch MC to get any fluid.

I am guessing that I just have to be Johnny on the spot keeping the reservoir full when I am bleeding it.

I just want to make sure I am on the right page here before I put it all back together and bleed it. That PCM bracket was a PITA.

Thanks Guys
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
My BMW works the same way and it can be a pain to bleed.
It's very easy to run the clutch side of the res empty and introduce air.

Keep it way filled up while bleeding and take your time bleeding the old school two person method.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Got it all put back together and test drove it. Clutch action was good and it drove and shifted fine. Feels ever so slightly mushy but any left over air will eventually work its way up. The rope trick on the pedal sure was helpful for my dad with a bad back who was my helper.

Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top