Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 6:21:33 PM EDT
I am in need of some new tires.  What does the hive say as far as all-weather tires for a 07 Ford Taurus.  Note I am in MN so all-weather that handle snow well are a must  (not all of them handle snow well).

No, I do not want snow tires.  First I am not interested in swapping tires back and forth.  Second winter tires wear fast when running on dry pavement.  Around here roads are plowed and salted heavily.  Generally 2 or 3 days after snowfall the major roads are clear and dry, and driving on them would really wear snow tires.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you get the Nokian WR G2 is the proper size?  That's the *only* all-season tire that I've ever used that I consider truly "Winter capable".  Doesn't melt in 100 degrees either.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Cooper CS5 Grand Touring  

is a good all year choice.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I drive close to 50k miles each year for work plus another 15k for personal use in a late model AWD Ford Taurus.  Much of my winter driving is in snowy conditions, including a lot of unplowed roads.  Michelin Defenders are good in snow when new and they wear well (although not close to the 90k warranty).  I got a set of General Altimax RT43 about 14k miles ago.  They still look new, they were affordable, and they are great in snow for an AS tire.  

I drive pretty fast and most of my driving is hilly, twisty, two lane roads.  I rarely get much more than 25k out of a set of tires; the Michelins and Generals have been they only car tires which have done better.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Does your taurus hydroplane A LOT? I have one I think it's an '01, the tires seem kinda wide and I tell ya, I've never driven anything that hydroplanes as much as this thing. I'm wanting to put on narrower tires.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does your taurus hydroplane A LOT? I have one I think it's an '01, the tires seem kinda wide and I tell ya, I've never driven anything that hydroplanes as much as this thing. I'm wanting to put on narrower tires.
View Quote

Yes.  Scary stuff when it does.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I drive close to 50k miles each year for work plus another 15k for personal use in a late model AWD Ford Taurus.  Much of my winter driving is in snowy conditions, including a lot of unplowed roads.  Michelin Defenders are good in snow when new and they wear well (although not close to the 90k warranty).  I got a set of General Altimax RT43 about 14k miles ago.  They still look new, they were affordable, and they are great in snow for an AS tire.  

I drive pretty fast and most of my driving is hilly, twisty, two lane roads.  I rarely get much more than 25k out of a set of tires; the Michelins and Generals have been they only car tires which have done better.
View Quote

+1 for the general Altimax RT43.  I've had a good experience with them over the past year.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]
My Taurus is my winter car,It had a set of Sumitomo Touring LST in 215/60-16 that were very good in the first snow fall.
That said I have switched to my set of snows for the remainder of the winter. With my job I have to be able to get to work no matter the road conditions.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can you get the Nokian WR G2 is the proper size?  That's the *only* all-season tire that I've ever used that I consider truly "Winter capable".  Doesn't melt in 100 degrees either.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This
seems to be discontinued

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]
wrg3 now

What tire size?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top