BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Gotcha.  See, ive found the opposite, my friends who all drive GM trucks have electrical issues.  Their trucks do ride/drive better.  I didnt have my 2012 Ram long enough to have any issues, traded it w/ 36k on it.  My 03 Ram hemi I had to replace brakes/cv shafts and thats it.  I ran that to 100k.  My 2014 cummins seems GTG so far.  

I've had a few electrical issues in my Trailblazer. Throttle body servo went out at 70k miles, and then again at 80k miles. The driver seat motors went bad at 109k miles. Cam-phasor sensor went bad at 146k miles. At 192k miles, it's gone into limp mode once. Everything under 100k was covered under warranty. 192k miles so far and still running mostly strong.

I've yet to see an electrical issue in a Dodge that wasn't caused by the DPF filter.

I think my dad averages between 19 and 21 mpg in his 14 (4wd with the 8 speed). The OD ratios of the transmissions haven't changed in 15 years…they are just adding more gears between to keep the engines at lower revs while accelerating. He was a little depressed about that fuel mileage though.
View Quote

He's depressed about 20mpg in a full size 4x4 truck?!  That's......interesting.

I drove a chevy 2500, f250 and my dodge before buying it. I liked the idea of a solid front axle and the Dodge just felt better to me than the Ford.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
13 Ram quad cab 4x4 owner here.  No complaints or problems, tows my camper fine, get 14-15 city around 21-23 highway.  I'm not brand loyal at all, I just went with the best deal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I drove a chevy 2500, f250 and my dodge before buying it. I liked the idea of a solid front axle and the Dodge just felt better to me than the Ford.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Gotcha.  See, ive found the opposite, my friends who all drive GM trucks have electrical issues.  Their trucks do ride/drive better.  I didnt have my 2012 Ram long enough to have any issues, traded it w/ 36k on it.  My 03 Ram hemi I had to replace brakes/cv shafts and thats it.  I ran that to 100k.  My 2014 cummins seems GTG so far.  

I've had a few electrical issues in my Trailblazer. Throttle body servo went out at 70k miles, and then again at 80k miles. The driver seat motors went bad at 109k miles. Cam-phasor sensor went bad at 146k miles. At 192k miles, it's gone into limp mode once. Everything under 100k was covered under warranty. 192k miles so far and still running mostly strong.

I've yet to see an electrical issue in a Dodge that wasn't caused by the DPF filter.

I think my dad averages between 19 and 21 mpg in his 14 (4wd with the 8 speed). The OD ratios of the transmissions haven't changed in 15 years…they are just adding more gears between to keep the engines at lower revs while accelerating. He was a little depressed about that fuel mileage though.

He came off a 3/4 ton Megacab running 24 mpg down the highway. The 5.9 set his hopes high.

We both test drove the 06 Powerstroke…we both laughed cause we had just test driven the 06 Dodges and they didn't compare. The Dodge was by far the better truck. I did get him to test drive the F150, GMC Sierra and Ram before he bought his 14. He liked the GMC, he just got a far better trade deal on at the Dodge dealer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He came off a 3/4 ton Megacab running 24 mpg down the highway. The 5.9 set his hopes high.

We both test drove the 06 Powerstroke…we both laughed cause we had just test driven the 06 Dodges and they didn't compare. The Dodge was by far the better truck. I did get him to test drive the F150, GMC Sierra and Ram before he bought his 14. He liked the GMC, he just got a far better trade deal on at the Dodge dealer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I bought a beater to commute in. I finally accepted trucks just aren't the vehicle for gas mileage.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Put 120K plus on my company issued 2011 Ram 1500. Shitty 4.7L engine grenaded at 30K and was replaced. Had 90K on the replacement engine when I turned it in. Nothing other than tires and regular maintenance. This was an oilfield truck.

Bought a '14 Ram 1500 Laramie Limited with Ecodiesel in August to drive for work. Crew cab, 6'4" bed, air suspension. I've driven new F-150's and rode in plenty of new GMC/Chevy trucks up to Denali trim. The Ram is a nicer truck inside and can do everything the others can. I've got 20K on it so far. Averaging 20.2 mpg for the life of the truck, including 3600 miles of hauling a truck full of hunting gear towing a 18' box trailer where we averaged 10 mpg due to aerodynamic drag alone. Regular commuting I see 21-23 mpg.

I have a '97 Dodge Ram 2500 that I drive when I need a  truck to beat the hell out of hauling gravel and such.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top