Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2014 12:23:49 AM EDT
My 2001 F 150 Supercrew 4.6 l V8 decided not to start this morning.  The battery is only a year old.  The interior lights and radio work fine when I open the door and insert the key.  When I go to turn the start the truck, everything electrical dies. There isn't any sound coming from the starter or fuel pump.  I haven't changed anything electrical like the radio in many years.  It started fast and strong on Wednesday when I used it last.  There is no corrosion on the battery terminals, and they are on tight. I think it is the positive battery cable where it connects to the starter based on what I have read on the internet.  I haven't had a chance to check the starter cable yet, I'll check in the morning.   I am checking in for something obvious that I might be missing, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the ground to the body or frame for rust or corrosion. TAKE IT OFF and clean under it to bare metal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Check grounds, alternator, voltage in the battery when starting. Should lead you in the right direction. I assume there is no click or attempt to crank at all?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:41:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Senior master Ford Technician would probably say replace the battery harness assembly, which includes both the positive and negative cables!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top