BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
your local delaer is full of shit. Buster Brown will get you the parts in a few days.

Huskys are a basically a Blue KTM, They were made for the non pretentious KTM riders, those who give no fucks of Orange toasters and  Orange sneakers, but of riding the living dog piss out of a great machine.

View Quote

LOLOLOL!
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:50:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up on the subframe mod.  $25 is prob worth it to strengthen that up.  I was planning to spring for something like one of those kriega US5 packs just to keep a couple tools and water bottle or something.

What handguards do you have with turn signals installed?  I've been perusing this thread and it looks like it could be a pretty clean mod.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/my-led-conversion-from-custom-dynamics.4130/
View Quote

Zetas with the amber flashers.

I just crimped on some new connectors front and rear so the lights were plug-in, and replaced the relay and that was it.

Here's my setup, but I'd go with the armored bars and new top-clamp mounts if I did it again.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
your local delaer is full of shit. Buster Brown will get you the parts in a few days.

Huskys are a basically a Blue KTM, They were made for the non pretentious KTM riders, those who give no fucks of Orange toasters and  Orange sneakers, but of riding the living dog piss out of a great machine.

View Quote

I think you are thinking of husaburg. they are the blue ktms. Husaburgs had the motor turned ninety degrees and backwards in the frame.  They are now just a ktm with blue plastic.  Husky has never really used blue as a primary color on their bikes.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Husky has never really used blue as a primary color on their bikes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think you are thinking of husaburg. they are the blue ktms. Husaburgs had the motor turned ninety degrees and backwards in the frame.  They are now just a ktm with blue plastic.  Husky has never really used blue as a primary color on their bikes.
View Quote

YES

NO

The 2014 Huskys were practically rebranded KTM-bergs after BMW sold them to KTM.

There is supposedly a new line, including supermotos, coming out sometime next year.

In the meantime, the BMW-Husky tooling and production rights were sold to Shineray, a Chinese scooter/moto company, so parts may still be available for a long time after they are out of the Husky/KTM system.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love the looks of these styles of Husky. I wanted my 09 to look like this but they didn't make all the plastic for the 08-10 SMR's to make it happen. So I made mine black instead.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]
^ Yeah, I wanted to do mine in blue and yellow too. The white frame kinda seals the deal against it, even if I could get the plastics.

Yours looks good
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Schwing!

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#10]
That thing is sick nasty
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:13:17 AM EDT
[#11]

You saw the original concept right?  

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
No, first I've seen that one. Looks like they stuck pretty true to the concept. I wonder when (or if) the 701 SMR will  be available in the states.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
YES
NO
The 2014 Huskys were practically rebranded KTM-bergs after BMW sold them to KTM.
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/2014-husqvarna-tc-250-preview-1.jpg
There is supposedly a new line, including supermotos, coming out sometime next year.
In the meantime, the BMW-Husky tooling and production rights were sold to Shineray, a Chinese scooter/moto company, so parts may still be available for a long time after they are out of the Husky/KTM system.
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/rmcgree/image-2.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES
NO
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/2014-husqvarna-tc-250-preview-1.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/rmcgree/image-2.jpg

KTM bought Husaberg and used Husaberg's engine technology to make the RFS engine.

Stefan Pierer (KTM CEO) bought Husqvarna via his company Pierer Industries.

Husaberg stopped using the 70 degree engines in 2013.

For the last year Husaberg's were rebadged KTM's with some minor changes, the three biggest changes are the airbox, rear subframe and the linkage rear suspension (on some models).

Husqvarna's are now rebranded Husbergs which are rebranded KTM's.

After 2014 Husaberg will no longer exist.

In 2014 GasGas bought the rights and manufacturing equipment for the Italian Husqvarna models from KTM.

Gas Gas Motos, SA has reached an agreement with Moto Italia s.r.l., former Husqvarna Motorcycles s.r.l, to acquire their two and four stroke engine technology. This transaction has take place with the approval of the Austrian KTM group who acquired the Husqvarna Motorcycles brand in early 2013. This proves the interest of KTM to reinforce the European motorcycles manufacturing environment.

The agreement includes the transfer and integration of technology in the R & D department of the Catalan brand, enabling it to manufacture in their Salt (Girona, Spain) four-stroke as well as the two-stroke engines, previously produced by Husqvarna Motorcycles s.r.l in Italy.

The development of this project will lead to further growth and expansion of the Gas Gas model range for the coming years.

The Chinese are welcome to the BMW shit.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Meh, it's just the 2015 KTM SMC 690 in white.  

(KTM does not sell the 690 SMC in the states for 2015)  

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh I know it's just a KTM 690 (which isn't a bad thing). But Husqvarna making supermoto's again gives us a better chance of getting them in the states with a plate than it does with KTM.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#16]
The white KTM is supposed to be here in the states by Summer of 2015.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#17]
That's good news. Bet the price will be steep though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That's good news. Bet the price will be steep though.
View Quote

Probably $50 under what KTM would sell their version of the bike for.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No, first I've seen that one. Looks like they stuck pretty true to the concept. I wonder when (or if) the 701 SMR will  be available in the states.
View Quote

The Nuda was killed before we got it
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole BMW/Husky fiasco was a dark time for the company. I rode a 449 and wasn't impressed at all with it. From the looks of it KTM will steer Husky in the right direction, and that's a good thing. Hopefully the two lines start to emerge as separate models in the future as well.

The Nuda did seem like a cool kind of bike though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Been waiting out the rain for the last week or so.  

That vinyl wrap is seriously cool but also a serious fucking pain in the ass.

I definitely made some errors but I'll prob keep it like this for a while until I come up with something better.

More goodies on the way
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:56:41 AM EDT
[#22]
My good man,  you now own a supermoto,  rain, cold,  who gives a fuck.  Go RIDE.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Haha I'm a baby. It's coming to a head tomorrow though
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#25]
The black sets it off nicely....lookin good
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you.

In the first photo you can see what the ride to work was like.  Dark and wet.  The sun peeked out for an hour or two near lunchtime so I went out and ripped around a bit.  It was hard to go back in haha.  Smiles per mile is right.

I'm debating whether to peel off the graphics or simply attempt to wrap right over them.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Ha, Travis AFB.

You have at least three other guys with supermotos there that I know.

Lake Berryessa is just up the road and has some mighty fine ridin'.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Let's do it!

Suisun valley rd to wooden valley into Napa is a good ride if a bit short. Take that to 12 to the 116 and hop on the 101 and you're in Petaluma at lagunitas. From there it's a straight shot south to the bridge and fort baker and the headlands
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Changed oil for the first time.  It still had break in oil that was pretty thin and sludgy.  I accidentally way over serviced it and it ended up dumping a bunch so I drained some out.  The plug had some shavings on it but nothing concerning.

How many of the mesh screens are there?  I found and cleaned the one on the left side behind the crank case.  I was under the impression that there were more but maybe not.

I'm going to drag it to socal hopefully and spend a day ripping up hungry valley.  Should be a blast
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Double screen below the clutch slave,  single screen inside the clutch cover,  i only check it when i check the clutch.  The oil filters are like $6 on amazon.

Also don't overfill, 2qt is it, any more and it will end up oozing out the airbox crankcase vent.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I quickly learned the error of my ways.  What a fucking mess
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Best of luck to you.

Former husqvarna owner and never will own another (or anything with Italian QA).
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#33]
The streets of LA are empty early Christmas morning.

Much sliding ensued.

Ken block gymkhana would be jealous
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Much sliding ensued.

View Quote

Makes you want some real tires to replace those crappy Diablos....
I was power sliding out of corners like a madman until I ditched those things.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much sliding ensued.

Pilot Power 3 or Dunlop Q3 are what I have had good luck with.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much sliding ensued.

Yeah, I run PP3's.  Get a good bit more life out of them than PP2CT's too, without giving up any grip.
They do surprisingly well in the wet too.  It rained the last SMJ rally I went to, and I could have taken off and left everyone else
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I love my Conti Attack SM's on my Husky.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:09:33 AM EDT
[#38]
I have an 08 510 smr.. even after uncorking it, I still needed to do some tuning with iBeat and also get a JD tuner to dial it in even further. I get all my parts from Hall's but from what I've been experiencing, parts are getting harder to find and more expensive; some are even being discontinued like that high flow water pump that I wanted to get. I don't know if you are on cafehusky.com but Bill from 113 Moto is probably the most knowledgeable guy out there when it comes to the Husky supermotos. If any of you guys with a Mikuni EFI system need an iBeat cable to do some tuning, let me know and I can lend you mine.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top