Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 9:52:06 AM EDT
Thinking of getting the 2.0T Sport for my wife's daily driver. She has a 30 mile roundtrip daily commute and the value for what you get seems pretty good.

Curious about other people's experience with this car
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd be worried about reliability.  I know they have a longish warranty, but warranty != reliability.

Why not a Honda or Toyota?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thinking of getting the 2.0T Sport for my wife's daily driver. She has a 30 mile roundtrip daily commute and the value for what you get seems pretty good.

View Quote

Mazda 6  38mpg highway.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd be worried about reliability.

View Quote

I've owned a 03 Hyundai Elantra GT, a 08 Sonata, and I just traded in my 12 Kia Soul. Every single one of them have been nothing but reliable. I put 100k on each of them in 3 years time, and the only problem I ever had was a dead battery that was covered under warranty. If I didn't buy a 2015 Forester, I was going to get another Kia.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd be worried about reliability.  I know they have a longish warranty, but warranty != reliability.

View Quote

Test drove the honda, felt like the split screen setup was poorly executed.

The Camry seems boring, like I would fall asleep.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mazda 6  38mpg highway.

http://images.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/images/garage/gallery/2015/m6g/pho_gallery_M6G_ext4.jpg

Test drove one, cabin noise at highway speed was way too much and the navigation screen is so small its laughable for me.

The sales person actually told me I should buy aftermarket tires to lessen the noice.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to hate Hyundais, and when my old man started buying them for my moms car, I would break his chops incessantly.

I don't anymore. They are nice cars, and as reliable as any Honda or Toyota.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Test drove one, cabin noise at highway speed was way too much and the navigation screen is so small its laughable for me.

The sales person actually told me I should buy aftermarket tires to lessen the noice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mazda 6  38mpg highway.

http://images.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/images/garage/gallery/2015/m6g/pho_gallery_M6G_ext4.jpg

Well, tires are an area where manufacturers save money.  Also the tire size (varies by trim) can also have an impact on the noise generated.

Also based on comparison tests, the 6 has comparable highway noise levels (70mph) to its competition.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Coworker of mine has a 2012 Sonata with the 2.0T. He loves the thing and he gets 35+ mpg with it. But it has been back to the dealership two or three times for repairs (covered under warranty).

Only repair I remember is that it was leaking oil somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The days of Honda and Toyota dominating the sedan market are passing/past.  They both have slipped hard in the reliability ratings, and frankly are way behind in style/value/fun categories.

OP, I really like Mazda, along with Hyundai and Kia.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

IMO they are the new honda/toyota.

There's no magic here, hondas/toyotas have man-made parts and those parts can fail.
I've had my accord almost leave me stranded twice now in a year period, luckily I know cars better then the average person to get back on the road.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The days of Honda and Toyota dominating the sedan market are passing/past.  They both have slipped hard in the reliability ratings, and frankly are way behind in style/value/fun categories.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a whole brand they are still up at the top:

http://pressroom.consumerreports.org/pressroom/2014/10/my-entry.html

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Love our Santa Fe. I would not have. Any issues buying another Hyuandai.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top