Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 2:12:19 AM EDT
I'm a fan of red Lubegard added to the ATF, Seafoam to clean out the carbon, and Techron in the gas.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
BG 44K is superior to Techron, but both will work.  All BG products I've used have been top notch, though they can be hard to find some places.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Do some research on lab studies, and real world impact.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:19:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you saying all additives are snake oil?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Mechanic in a can is ether, not that stuff.

ETA: that being said, TechRon works. Every now then my fuel sensor stops working from sulphur in the gas, Techron fixes it. It's a known problem and cure with some GM sensors. No other additive will fix the problem.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am saying that with todays fuels and lubricants, they aren't necessary, and you will spend more on them than any "perceived" benefit, in most (but not all) cases.  Cars will run reliably for hundreds of thousands of miles without adding any snake oils.

There have been many studies I have read about fuel injector cleaners, and while they work, how little impact they actually have on the engine performance or mileage, over the long haul.  Fuels have also improved over the years with additives that already exist.

I have yet to see any evidence that ATF additives do anything, beyond voiding warranties.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I keep Sea Foam in my filled takes on three motorcycles from about November to March...they get ran some but sit more than other months. So I use it as a stabilizer.

I run a can of Sea Foam through three vehicles once a year.

I'll Sea Foam Deep Creep on throttle bodies to clean build up (but thats uses a a mechnaical scrubber so...)

I've used Techron a few times. I always use Chevron gas but am unsure of home much Techron is actually in it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am saying that with todays fuels and lubricants, they aren't necessary, and you will spend more on them than any "perceived" benefit, in most (but not all) cases.  Cars will run reliably for hundreds of thousands of miles without adding any snake oils.

There have been many studies I have read about fuel injector cleaners, and while they work, how little impact they actually have on the engine performance or mileage, over the long haul.  Fuels have also improved over the years with additives that already exist.

I have yet to see any evidence that ATF additives do anything, beyond voiding warranties.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had good luck with Lubegard in GM trannies that were slipping or shifting hard.  It's worth the $8 to give it a try.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top