Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Mustang > Challenger > Fiat > Camaro
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Mustangs are chick cars, so if it's really for your wife....I'd go that way.

If it's actually "for my wife"....1LE.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Mustang GT on the way next month
View Quote

You will love it!  Heads up though.  If you got the manual trans, you will look like a retard driving it the first time. New clutch and it has a strange release point on the 2015's. Took some getting use to, hell, I'm still trying after 1250 miles!  Some days I look like an expert, other days, not so much!
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I am a MOPAR guy.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 4:48:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am a MOPAR guy.
View Quote

Did you see that recent video (Z28 vs. 2015 stang vs. Hellcat)?
Sorry to say the hellcat was SLOWER around a racetrack then even a standard 5.0 stang.

I think its cool halo car don't get me wrong but it's pretty underwhelming doing any real work.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Mustang.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sorry to say the hellcat was SLOWER around a racetrack then even a standard 5.0 stang.

I think its cool halo car don't get me wrong but it's pretty underwhelming doing any real work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a MOPAR guy.

So is a GT500 .  A Z28 with 150 less HP is still faster around a track.

But 650 and 700+ factory hp is still a fucking thing of beauty.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a challenger SRT8.  its big and heavy and needs a serious diet.  But it fun!

Also has lots of room for all 6' of me.  Rear view is challenged, and really not the best.

I would get the mustang just for better rear visibility.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry to say the hellcat was SLOWER around a racetrack then even a standard 5.0 stang..
View Quote

You mean the BEST handling Mustang GT EVER? ..    Standard....
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry to say the hellcat was SLOWER around a racetrack then even a standard 5.0 stang..

Yes they have upgraded models, but you know that.
GT350 will be out soon and I'm sure they'll have a GT500 or super snake again.

Why does it matter if it's the best handling Mustang ever? Isn't the hellcat the most powerfull charger ever? Not really sure why you pointed that out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:19:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why does it matter if it's the best handling Mustang ever? Isn't the hellcat the most powerfull charger ever? Not really sure why you pointed that out.
View Quote

My point is that Ford put ALOT of time, energy and capitol into the Mustang suspension in order to make it  handle in a whole new class than any previous Mustang.  Even the base GT rocks in the twisties, so to infer that a Challenger should beat it because it is "only" the standard GT is kind of silly.  The Challenger is designed and built in the spirit of the classic musclecars.  They handled adequately, excelled in a straight line but were never intended to compete in the twisties.  Of course the Mustang handles better.  That is a proverbial no brainer.   For many people and likely those who will be shelling out the significant premium which a Hellcat demands, running the 1320 is the only "Real Work" that matters.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My point is that Ford put ALOT of time, energy and capitol into the Mustang suspension in order to make it  handle in a whole new class than any previous Mustang.  Even the base GT rocks in the twisties, so to infer that a Challenger should beat it because it is "only" the standard GT is kind of silly.  The Challenger is designed and built in the spirit of the classic musclecars.  They handled adequately, excelled in a straight line but were never intended to compete in the twisties.  Of course the Mustang handles better.  That is a proverbial no brainer.   For many people and likely those who will be shelling out the significant premium which a Hellcat demands, running the 1320 is the only "Real Work" that matters.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For god sakes the mustang is down almost 300hp on the hellcat but the mustang beat it around the track.
I don't care how it's rationalized by you but that just shouldn't happen.

I think it says more about the hellcat then it does the mustang. I don't buy the "classic muscle car" line you give, to me that's more of an excuse of the cars shortcomings. If that was how people really felt you wouldn't see people spending the kind of coin they do on resto mod classic cars.

Then again, I met a fellow today who is really into moden Mopars and making them fast and I must say he was an interesting fellow, he seemed to focus SOLEY on how much horsepower his car had. He didn't care about the looks, he didn't care about braking, he didn't care about road feel/handling. I then asked him what some of his trap speeds were and he said he doesn't have the time to run.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For god sakes the mustang is down almost 300hp on the hellcat but the mustang beat it around the track.
I don't care how it's rationalized by you but that just shouldn't happen.

I think it says more about the hellcat then it does the mustang.
View Quote

You are totally loosing perspective.  The Hellcat pulls .92g on the skid pad.  The 2010 Mustang could only pull a .91g.   Horsepower does not help you in the corners if you can not put that power to the ground.  The car does an excellent job of putting it all to the pavement in a straight line.  That is an accomplishment all in itself for a street car.  Pair that with the skid pad numbers and the fact that although the Mustang beats it in a slalom,  the Challenger does alright considering its design parameters and goals.  The margin of victory for the Mustang over the Hellcat Challenger is smaller than that of the 1LE  over the Mustang.  The Challenger Hellcat is definitely reminiscent of the classic muscle cars.  It has plenty of interior and trunk room, it is big,  it is heavy and it makes no apologies for being so because it is alone in its class.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I had no idea about the skidpad numbers.
Pretty interesting.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
S197 Mustang > S550 Mustang > Every other generation of Camaro > Challenger > 5th gen Camaro

(I own a Camaro)
View Quote

The force is strong with this one.

I too am a diehard camaro fan (owned 67,69 2 70's, 71, 87, 88, 95, 00) but will NEVER buy that POS pig 2010-2015+ camaro

Get a low mileage 2012-2014 5.0 GT and be done with it.  You're friends will mock you if you buy a V6.  I know I would.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#17]
MUSTANG!!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top