BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bondryan:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/343566/C47D8F35-2257-486F-B096-DB77C753DA05-393970.jpg

Found some snow today. Also found plenty of mud and ice.
View Quote
Looks super fun. We had the pit bikes out playing in the back yard the other day.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:
Looks super fun. We had the pit bikes out playing in the back yard the other day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/343566/C47D8F35-2257-486F-B096-DB77C753DA05-393970.jpg

Found some snow today. Also found plenty of mud and ice.
It was. First time in the woods on the new bike and first time riding in snow. We took it slow and easy but had a great time. Love the new husky.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a cool/short video of my fall/winter/spring riding area 5 minutes from home. Music isn't all that great though...

https://vimeo.com/247895747
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 2:54:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tree-hugger] [#4]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
Here's a cool/short video of my fall/winter/spring riding area 5 minutes from home. Music isn't all that great though...

https://vimeo.com/247895747
View Quote
WOW !!

Where in CO ?

We're planning another trip to CO this coming Summer and would like to see if this could be part of the trip !

Thanks for posting !

ETA :  Never mind, I looked it up after watching it again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Flatulence:

WOW !!

Where in CO ?

We're planning another trip to CO this coming Summer and would like to see if this could be part of the trip !

Thanks for posting !

View Quote
Montrose! There is a local shop here that is putting together an event called "Ride Montrose," for the second time this coming year. Dates TBD still, but it should be pretty amazing! Montrose is about the perfect spot. Ride that video spot 5 minutes from my house, single track at 10,000 feet in the pines and aspens 30 minutes away, or single track and jeep trails ranging from 8,000 to 13,000 feet within an hour and a half. Moab is only two and a half hours away...

Ride Montrose Information Released to Date
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Montrose! There is a local shop here that is putting together an event called "Ride Montrose," for the second time this coming year. Dates TBD still, but it should be pretty amazing! Montrose is about the perfect spot. Ride that video spot 5 minutes from my house, single track at 10,000 feet in the pines and aspens 30 minutes away, or single track and jeep trails ranging from 8,000 to 13,000 feet within an hour and a half. Moab is only two and a half hours away...

View All Quotes

WOW !!

Where in CO ?

Thanks for posting !

Thanks for the link Mang !!!

Last time I was in Montrose was '09.  The transmission in my pick up went out and Smitty's Transmission slapped a Jasper in it the next day.

I worked with the owner of Smitty's on that deal and he is one of the coolest Doods I've ever met.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 7:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: frer42] [#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By montyw42:
http://i.imgur.com/uJ5kYEG.jpg
View Quote
That looks a lot like Imogene Pass, looking back towards Yankee Boy Basin!
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Last time I was in Montrose was '09.  The transmission in my pick up went out and Smitty's Transmission slapped a Jasper in it the next day.

I worked with the owner of Smitty's on that deal and he is one of the coolest Doods I've ever met.
View Quote
Anytime! If you make it out this way and want to ride, let me know!
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By montyw42:
http://i.imgur.com/uJ5kYEG.jpg
View Quote
Welcome!   Is that you?
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes

Will do !

How long would it take to ride all of Peach Valley's trails ?
If it's only a couple days worth, are there other areas close by that could possibly fill up a week's worth ?
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 6:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#12]
What do you consider a day? You can easily do 40-50 miles of riding and barely scratch the surface. Also depends on how hard and fast you want to ride. You can easily do 3-4 40+ mile days within a half hour on Montrose.

The single track along the Black Canyon can be done in a long day, with some adobe riding. 2-3 days would give you a good feel for it. Dry Creek is 10 minutes from town and has 40+ miles of single track with a little two track mixed in. The Uncompahgre Plateau is just to our west and adds another day and a half or two of riding at least. Gunnison is an hour away and there is a TON of riding up there. Same with going towards Ouray and Silverton (hour and a half).

I like to regularly start at Flattop in Montrose, ride the adobes east to get into singletrack, take that to Peach Valley, then Ride some singletrack around there (goes to Delta), then ride the adobes back. That's easily 40+ miles. That wouldn't even get you into the big hill climbs or ditches/washes that are a blast in the adobes.

ETA: Decent Peach Valley BLM Map

Decent Dry Creek Map

There is another local map of Peach Valley and the Plateau created by an architect in his off time.

https://www.visitmontrose.com/DocumentCenter/ Go to Things to do --> Biking. Most of those maps are motorized accessible.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:14:06 AM EDT
[#13]
What do you consider a day? You can easily do 40-50 miles of riding and barely scratch the surface. Also depends on how hard and fast you want to ride. You can easily do 3-4 40+ mile days within a half hour on Montrose.

The single track along the Black Canyon can be done in a long day, with some adobe riding. 2-3 days would give you a good feel for it. Dry Creek is 10 minutes from town and has 40+ miles of single track with a little two track mixed in. The Uncompahgre Plateau is just to our west and adds another day and a half or two of riding at least. Gunnison is an hour away and there is a TON of riding up there. Same with going towards Ouray and Silverton (hour and a half).

I like to regularly start at Flattop in Montrose, ride the adobes east to get into singletrack, take that to Peach Valley, then Ride some singletrack around there (goes to Delta), then ride the adobes back. That's easily 40+ miles. That wouldn't even get you into the big hill climbs or ditches/washes that are a blast in the adobes.

ETA: Decent Peach Valley BLM Map

Decent Dry Creek Map

There is another local map of Peach Valley and the Plateau created by an architect in his off time.

https://www.visitmontrose.com/DocumentCenter/ Go to Things to do --> Biking. Most of those maps are motorized accessible.
View Quote
Great Info Man !

Really appreciate it !

My wife and two kids would be with me as well as my sister in law and my two nephews. ( My Brother passed away in Jan '17, so... )
Maybe a few other adult riders too, but it's too early to call right now.

Me, my son, and my two nephews are good for 50-60+ miles in a day without an issue, but my wife, daughter, and sister in law may not be able to do that.

We usually ride Rampart Range as it's less than an hour from my S-I-Law's place.

Well anyway... your area looks like a fantastic change of pace for us and if it's NOT too technical for the womenz - I'd like to pitch it to the group and see if they'd want to make the run out there... as it's an extra hour drive for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Added a TW200 to the garage today.

Link Posted: 12/23/2017 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Great Info Man !

Really appreciate it !

My wife and two kids would be with me as well as my sister in law and my two nephews. ( My Brother passed away in Jan '17, so... )
Maybe a few other adult riders too, but it's too early to call right now.

Me, my son, and my two nephews are good for 50-60+ miles in a day without an issue, but my wife, daughter, and sister in law may not be able to do that.

We usually ride Rampart Range as it's less than an hour from my S-I-Law's place.

Well anyway... your area looks like a fantastic change of pace for us and if it's NOT too technical for the womenz - I'd like to pitch it to the group and see if they'd want to make the run out there... as it's an extra hour drive for everyone.
View Quote
Sorry to hear about your brother. Loss is never easy

There is tons of riding at peach valley for every level! They have a couple of cool tracks at the parking area now. Good luck and hope you can make it work!
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 12:32:16 AM EDT
[#16]
My nephew may go nuts on Xmas morning.  Santa will be bringing this TTR90.    I had to pick it up from my sister's friend that she bought it from and then get it running.  It wasn't used much and not for a long time.  Even after running the carb parts through the ultrasonic cleaner the pilot jet still wasn't getting ungunked.  But I had a slightly larger #15 on hand which is a common mod anyways.  My sister just bought a '18 KLX110 so she and her husband have something to ride.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By USMC2671:
My nephew may go nuts on Xmas morning.  Santa will be bringing this TTR90.    I had to pick it up from my sister's friend that she bought it from and then get it running.  It wasn't used much and not for a long time.  Even after running the carb parts through the ultrasonic cleaner the pilot jet still wasn't getting ungunked.  But I had a slightly larger #15 on hand which is a common mod anyways.  My sister just bought a '18 KLX110 so she and her husband have something to ride.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/181794/TTR-399463.JPG
View Quote
Nice looking ride !

Food for thought about the pilot jet.  I had the same issue with a TTR90 a few years ago and ended up using a single bristle from a wire brush and was able to chuck it up in a drill driver.

Ran that up through the pilot jet and it worked great.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 8:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CSeaBass] [#18]
got my kids a 2001 yz125 for christmas. still fixing it up.

young ones (4 and 6) a crf50.

wife got me a 2017 rmx450z, and floored me.   so i bought her a klx 140....  this has been the most expensive christmas ever:p

oh and the wife agreed to get a yamaha yxz100r ss se earlier this year:p
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CSeaBass:

wife got me a 2017 rmx450z, and floored me.   so i bought her a klx 140....  this has been the most expensive christmas ever:p

View Quote
That's awesome! Merry Christmas!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Wow what a Christmas !

Are these your first bikes ?
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Poor YZ grenaded the gearbox.

Link Posted: 12/26/2017 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Wife's new bike she got for Christmas

Attachment Attached File

Had to take a pic in the Alabama snow, it doesn't happen very often

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By buddyballs79:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135920/Resized_20171223_175238-402174.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135920/18925-402176.JPG
View Quote
I’ll swap you you can come ride all winter in Oregon in the snow and I’ll go ride all winter in Alabama. Trading women is optional but I’m open too it
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Picked up the boys 2018 Cobra Jr today.

received_511088752609766 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

We are looking at doing a USA / American flag theme so I put a set of white plastic that I had as spares on.
IMG_20180105_201445 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Heading to switchback in Pennsylvania on Sunday for the maiden ride.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#25]
@Flatulence

Not sure if you signed up for the emails, but Ride Montrose is officially July 26th - July 30th!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Ibex dunes in Death Valley NP this weekend.

Ibex mine.

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#27]
That looks fun. Are those all the dunes in the first picture or are there more?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By buddyballs79:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135920/Resized_20171223_175238-402174.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135920/18925-402176.JPG
View Quote
She rides trials???
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:32:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cchurchi] [#29]
Just picked up this new motor bike last week, ha ha.  I haven't ridden it yet and probably won't be able to for a few months.

Attachment Attached File

It's the motorized version of my standard mountain bike.

Attachment Attached File

And I bought this one for my wife.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cchurchi:
Just picked up this new motor bike last week, ha ha.  I haven't ridden it yet and probably won't be able to for a few months.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/154626/Capture-439286.JPG

It's the motorized version of my standard mountain bike.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/154626/Capture-439295.JPG

And I bought this one for my wife.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/154626/Capture-439292.JPG
View Quote
Doesn't count. You still have to pedal.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Only snapped one picture today, right after crossing a creek.

Buddy is in between bikes so he rode my spare. Kind of a dick move because I hope he buys it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Picked up a new trials bike.

Damn this thing is fun!

We had a ride yesterday and took it out to a burned over area that's full of rocks.  This thing actually makes me look like a good rider lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Trials bikes are like cheat codes
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#34]
What am I missing about the trials bikes?  I can't imagine not being able to sit down.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JPL:
What am I missing about the trials bikes?  I can't imagine not being able to sit down.
View Quote
I haven't tried one, but they're light.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Originally Posted By JPL:
They weigh nothing and are all torque. They are a great training tool for balance and enduro.

I want one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#37]
You're not on them long enough to really need to sit down.  Even when I ride my fat pig of a bike off pavement I'm not sitting down a whole lot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:17:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CSeaBass] [#38]
Wow what a Christmas !

View All Quotes

Wow what a Christmas !

Yeah. The 450 scared the shit out of me.  Rode a wheelie for about 25 yards, would have been epic is it was for the shit rolling down my legs.

We, and by we I mean me. Have gone a little bike crazy.  Just picked up 4 more 50s for the kids.and I am getting a 110 to play with as out bike. 2 87 lt50 quads, a pw50(think 06), and a 00 jr50.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:00:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tree-hugger] [#39]
Yeah. The 450 scared the shit out of me.  Rode a wheelie for about 25 yards, would have been epic is it was for the shit rolling down my legs.

We, and by we I mean me. Have gone a little bike crazy.  Just picked up 4 more 50s for the kids.and I am getting a 110 to play with as out bike. 2 87 lt50 quads, a pw50(think 06), and a 00 jr50.
View All Quotes

Wow what a Christmas !

Yeah, you're not alone.

By the time I was 13y/o, I was riding a '77 Suzuki PE 250 because my dad moved on up into the 400's.

He made the ultimate jump up to a Yamaha 465 and when I hopped on that for a little spin, I felt like I was on an Arabian high strung stallion who just smelled pussy from a mile away.

Oh, I controlled it, but... holy shit.  Every small crack of the throttle lifted the front up - a lot.

I got off that thing shaking.

A small jump like this on that 465 would have flipped the bike and me backwards.

Attachment Attached File

I'm either 13 or 14 in that Colorado pic.

Now we're all riding four stroke 230's and 250's and some of the guys are weighing in at over 200 lbs.

For trail riding, the 'smaller' cc's get the job done - and then some - just fine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:19:03 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
thats a small section of dunes inside Death Valley np in the very south east corner. There’s more dunes in other areas.

You can’t ride off the established trail in that area.

A few miles east of there is Dumont Dunes which is BLM land and an off-road vehicle area.

Huge bigly dunes you can blast on bikes atv sand rails etc etc.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Finally got back down south last weekend. I need to finsh editing photo's. This is the only one I have done so are of the boy.
421mx in Yadkinsville, NC

40 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By HDLS:
thats a small section of dunes inside Death Valley np in the very south east corner. There’s more dunes in other areas.

You can’t ride off the established trail in that area.

A few miles east of there is Dumont Dunes which is BLM land and an off-road vehicle area.

Huge bigly dunes you can blast on bikes atv sand rails etc etc.
View Quote
Always wanted to try dunes seems fun and pretty forgiving.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 2:45:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Finally got back down south last weekend. I need to finsh editing photo's. This is the only one I have done so are of the boy.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4744/39772564214_aa46747cae_c.jpg40 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
View Quote
Is that 421MX?
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 2:46:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blackfly53] [#44]

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4744/39772564214_aa46747cae_c.jpg40 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
View Quote
Is that 421MX?

ETA- Throttle stuck lol

ETA2 - I see you say it was 421MX. I was there on Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By windyhill:

https://image.ibb.co/hFtADS/IMG_0250.jpg
View Quote
Nice ride.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#47]

Nice ride.
View Quote
Thanks, took a break from riding for a few years. Now workin' on my G. Jarvis skill set! I have a long way to go!
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks, took a break from riding for a few years. Now workin' on my G. Jarvis skill set! I have a long way to go!
View All Quotes

Nice ride.
Yeah the guy is nuts, he’s not mortal on a bike.

I went and watched trials riding sunday, now I’m prolong craigslist ready to pounce.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 10:06:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blackfly53] [#49]
New pics of machine and riding at Beaver Dam MX two weeks ago in S. Carolina

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#50]
This thread needs more orange...

Attachment Attached File
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top