Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Should be able to go riding in a week or two once work slows down.

Just got done installing my clake slr, and trail tech flange guard.

Still need to install my z bushing, new rad hoses, and trail tech kick stand.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Finally have a day off since getting this thing and had time to go riding. It gives me a permanent grin.

http://i.imgur.com/9BlQDVo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZBnH2vT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ATXoguI.jpg
View Quote
How much it set you back if you dont mind me asking?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondryan] [#3]
Originally Posted By Hitman9921:

View Quote
@hitman9921

Bike? Or parts?

I bought the bike in late April for $4500.

I've put new tires on it and some other small stuff. Still have the tires it came with on a spare set of rims I got with it. Have maybe $600 in tires, clake, and other parts. I love it.

ETA: 20 hour work days and 3 hours of sleep make reading comprehension hard
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Finally have a day off since getting this thing and had time to go riding. It gives me a permanent grin.

http://i.imgur.com/9BlQDVo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZBnH2vT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ATXoguI.jpg
With tax, registration, and tag, it was $5,600 OTD. The sales guy waived the $300 "delivery/prep fee", but I think most places do that to make the customer feel good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#5]
1 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Had a weekend off. We spent both days at the track. He went down pretty hard on Saturday. I thought he broke his arm, because of the blood and and feeling something abnormal under his jersey... Ended up being a scab that he ripped back open and the blood soaked his jersey. His hand ended up being pretty sore. I had to hold him off the bike for a bit but he did go back out and got back on the horse.
Went the next day to one of his fav. tracks and rocked it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Picked up a Giant Loop "Zigzag" handlebar bag. I feel it's expensive for what it is ($55), but I wanted a place to put my wallet, phone and other random stuff when riding without a backpack. I hate having stuff in my pockets when riding.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JayTXGunner:
Does a '71 Honda Trail 90 count?

http://img.scgpix.com/listimg/img1_1215/13/img_bRVxh7z7ZH.jpg

(Place holder pic)
View Quote
Love that !!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Last Sunday somewhere north of Orange County NY

Love this bike.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:37:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Eyyy

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gacksnabbit:

Love this bike.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/190028/IMG-8454-267644.JPG
View Quote
What kind of mileage do you get per tank? It won't happen in the next couple years, but I want one of these and the larger aftermarket tanks are crazy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Stop with the supermoto pics. My penis can only get so hard. I can't wait to get some supermoto wheels for my bike. Waiting for Warp 9 to put them out for my model. They said they're at least 2 months out, though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4327/36109667352_dd8ff83eee_c.jpg1 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Had a weekend off. We spent both days at the track. He went down pretty hard on Saturday. I thought he broke his arm, because of the blood and and feeling something abnormal under his jersey... Ended up being a scab that he ripped back open and the blood soaked his jersey. His hand ended up being pretty sore. I had to hold him off the bike for a bit but he did go back out and got back on the horse.
Went the next day to one of his fav. tracks and rocked it.
View Quote
How old is he?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:

What kind of mileage do you get per tank? It won't happen in the next couple years, but I want one of these and the larger aftermarket tanks are crazy.
View Quote
I have a similar bike. The fuel light usually comes on at about 130 miles, but haven't ran it empty. People claim they can go another 50 miles.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
I have a similar bike. The fuel light usually comes on at about 130 miles, but haven't ran it empty. People claim they can go another 50 miles.
View All Quotes

I've thought about cleaning out a quart of oil really well with gas and keep it in my pack filled with fuel and in a zip lock while on long rides.

Anyone ever done anything similar ?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:40:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Flatulence:

I've thought about cleaning out a quart of oil really well with gas and keep it in my pack filled with fuel and in a zip lock while on long rides.

View Quote
Just buy ya some MSR fuel bottles. They are made to carry fuel. They don't leak and the fuel smell does not permeate through them. I think the largest you can buy is 30 oz at around 20 bucks. I'll carry a couple with me when I'm woods riding. I'll usually just go until I can throw one in the tank to get the weight off of me. But that's only when I know I'll need the fuel for my ride.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 219SF:
Just buy ya some MSR fuel bottles. They are made to carry fuel. They don't leak and the fuel smell does not permeate through them. I think the largest you can buy is 30 oz at around 20 bucks. I'll carry a couple with me when I'm woods riding. I'll usually just go until I can throw one in the tank to get the weight off of me. But that's only when I know I'll need the fuel for my ride.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 219SF:
Originally Posted By Flatulence:

Nice.

Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
Thanks! I like the MSR bottle idea, even for my 300 now. Most rides aren't long enough to need it, but hopefully I'll get a long offroad ride or two in!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I only have about 2 hours on it now. But I'm heading down to Rush, Ky on Friday to get a better feel for my new 17 YZ450FX. With a few turns on the clickers and it should make for a potent woods bike. I can't believe how controllable the power is on this bike.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#19]
My Strom and my buddy's GSA on a recent cross-country trip. It's just an older first gen Strom, but it's awesome....it's done everything I've asked of it, without fuss or issue.

The ride report if you're interested in more about a 5,900 mile jaunt through the southwest.

http://imgur.com/a/ZQPJ3
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By swingset:
My Strom and my buddy's GSA on a recent cross-country trip. It's just an older first gen Strom, but it's awesome....it's done everything I've asked of it, without fuss or issue.

http://i.imgur.com/9cKBeKQ.jpg

The ride report if you're interested in more about a 5,900 mile jaunt through the southwest.

http://imgur.com/a/ZQPJ3
View Quote
Cool trip! There are old houses, etc in Blue Mesa Reservoir, but it is a National Recreation Area so that is why there aren't any homes. The San Juan mountains are the most beautiful mountains in this state, but I kind of partial to them since I live over here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#21]
love this bike...

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:33:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#22]
My shifter return spring broke on a ride last weekend. I've never torn an engine down this far.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#23]
My shifter return spring broke on a ride last weekend. I've never torn an engine down this far.
http://i.imgur.com/L14KEBp.jpg
View Quote
What bike?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bondryan:

What bike?
View Quote
2012 KTM 300 XC
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By w33b8t1:

How old is he?
View Quote
He is 6 currently, but AMA 5.

He is starting to under stand how to ride ruts. He out on a hell of a charge it the last lap of his 50 open race on Saturday.

Sunday we hit one of his favorite tracks for practice.

4 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Couple pictures from his race on Saturday at Route 62 MX

PC:Eric Ritz

ER2 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

ER1 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPL] [#27]
L to R:
My KLX400, CRF250L I just bought my wife, and a friends SL70 he bought new and still keeps it licensed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Picked up another 200 this past weekend...'09 XCW (sold my '04 last year). Got the kids together for a pic while they were all clean and in one piece at the same time...

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:35:45 AM EDT
[#29]
After shoulder surgery last year and being without for a year and a half I scooped up a 2017 KTM 450SXF with 17.7hrs on it. The dude bought it on a whim and rode it around a field lol. Literally no hard time on it and its practically brand new. Going to set the sag, dial in air pressure in forks, new tires because he rode with 5pds in them which caused them to wear funny, Renthal Twinwall bars, glide plate, graphics, ARC levers and I'm set. Behold...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Ordered a Yoshimura RS-4 the other day. It came today and I installed it. It's a bit louder than I was expecting, but sounds really good. Deep and throaty (heh). I don't do any trail riding (bought the bike to eventually supermoto it), so no worries of getting trails shut down from being too loud. I know trail riders don't like bikes with aftermarket exhausts.

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#31]
85 Mile ride this weekend. 4 Jeep passes, some amazing single track, and had just enough gas to get back to the truck!

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome looking ride. Wish our single track looked like that. Mine is slow, tight, muddy, rutted, with trees and briars and shit that slams your bars and jousts you off of your bike. Lol.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#33]
A couple cr250s and a 450thumper from last weekend.

went out with my 60yo father.  Got into some of the most remote areas I have ever been. Wasn't a good idea. 10miles down the gravel road from my camp. Another 8 miles into the middle of nowhere. Crossed a waist deep creek about 15times. Should have sunk all three bikes every crossing but it didn't.  We pull over to take 5 and my dad dumps it in 6" of water .  It's dead. Have a spare plug but someone forgot a wrench!!!

was getting dark. No idea when or where the trail ends. We head back the same way. Pops had to walk the 8 miles out.  Then ride bitch for the 10 miles back to camp. Had to leave the bike out there over night. We tried to burry it as much as possible.  

First light we went to get the bike. We drove to the end of the road and the took the truck as far as we could. Still had to hike 5 miles to the bike. Almost didn't find it.  Luckily we were able to get it started. And ride it back to the truck. I don't think the two of us would have been able to push it out. He had already come to grips he was leaving his bike out there. 

Heres when we finally go the bike back to the truck. 

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By sorionc:
A couple cr250s and a 450thumper from last weekend.

https://i.imgur.com/Hg9Wlap.jpg

went out with my 60yo father.  Got into some of the most remote areas I have ever been. Wasn't a good idea. 10miles down the gravel road from my camp. Another 8 miles into the middle of nowhere. Crossed a waist deep creek about 15times. Should have sunk all three bikes every crossing but it didn't.  We pull over to take 5 and my dad dumps it in 6" of water .  It's dead. Have a spare plug but someone forgot a wrench!!!

was getting dark. No idea when or where the trail ends. We head back the same way. Pops had to walk the 8 miles out.  Then ride bitch for the 10 miles back to camp. Had to leave the bike out there over night. We tried to burry it as much as possible.  

First light we went to get the bike. We drove to the end of the road and the took the truck as far as we could. Still had to hike 5 miles to the bike. Almost didn't find it.  Luckily we were able to get it started. And ride it back to the truck. I don't think the two of us would have been able to push it out. He had already come to grips he was leaving his bike out there. 

Heres when we finally go the bike back to the truck. 

https://i.imgur.com/PzVtdp0.jpg
View Quote
Oh man! What area of PA were you riding?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#35]
One of you guys needs to add a tow strap to their kit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Phillgui:

Oh man! What area of PA were you riding?
View Quote
Was a good learning experience. First time my dad and I have road together in years.  We got in a little deep for a first ride and we were unprepared. Trail was unknown but I was told it's an easy, dirt bike friendly ride that you cannot get lost on. Hahaha yea. Not very bike friendly and def got lost. Missed a turn somewhere.  

This is was in the northern panhandle of WV. Wish I had more pics. It truly is beautiful out there. Going out again this weekend. I'll have to take some more pics. 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By PinePig:
One of you guys needs to add a tow strap to their kit.
View Quote
Always carry a strap. ALMOST always carry a plug and wrench (every time but this one)

Prob is we were 7 miles up a creek that is nothing but beach ball sized rocks covered in algae. Would have been a great ride on a side by side. Wouldn't have been an easy task towing it out of there with another bike. 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Was a good learning experience. First time my dad and I have road together in years.  We got in a little deep for a first ride and we were unprepared. Trail was unknown but I was told it's an easy, dirt bike friendly ride that you cannot get lost on. Hahaha yea. Not very bike friendly and def got lost. Missed a turn somewhere.  

This is was in the northern panhandle of WV. Wish I had more pics. It truly is beautiful out there. Going out again this weekend. I'll have to take some more pics. 
View Quote
GPS, man! They're cheap. Do what I do, buy an older, used waterproof smart phone and load Locus Pro on it with a Topo map for offline use. Don't need data, just a view of the sky.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Awesome looking ride. Wish our single track looked like that. Mine is slow, tight, muddy, rutted, with trees and briars and shit that slams your bars and jousts you off of your bike. Lol.
View Quote
We have our share of tight, gnarly single track out here, but this was a mostly open, fast, flowy trail. It had some technical/rocky sections and some tight woods sections, but overall just flowed. It was a blast!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Very cool. Glad you got it handled. Been dying to ride Hatfield McCoy, but I am in the Philly area. We had a similar situation at Bald Eagle with my wife's bike last year. She ended up pushing it out for a few miles while I went for the truck. BTW- Bald Eagle is glorious to ride and camp (camp in the state forest, not the campgrounds). Literally right on the trails.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#41]

We have our share of tight, gnarly single track out here, but this was a mostly open, fast, flowy trail. It had some technical/rocky sections and some tight woods sections, but overall just flowed. It was a blast!
View Quote
I was just out there on my Strom. I didn't get too crazy, 600lbs of bike isn't much fun to pick up & spin on a steep hill climb, but I did Engineer & Cinnamon pass, and rode a lot of the GDR. Great country, I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#42]

I was just out there on my Strom. I didn't get too crazy, 600lbs of bike isn't much fun to pick up & spin on a steep hill climb, but I did Engineer & Cinnamon pass, and rode a lot of the GDR. Great country, I'm jealous.
View Quote
That's right! That was a cool album you posted. I love living in this part of the state.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#43]

GPS, man! They're cheap. Do what I do, buy an older, used waterproof smart phone and load Locus Pro on it with a Topo map for offline use. Don't need data, just a view of the sky.
View Quote
Been thinking about GPS. Not sure it will work down in the valleys where we ride. They're pretty tight with a very limited view of the sky. Something I'll have to check out.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Phillgui:

Very cool. Glad you got it handled. Been dying to ride Hatfield McCoy, but I am in the Philly area. We had a similar situation at Bald Eagle with my wife's bike last year. She ended up pushing it out for a few miles while I went for the truck. BTW- Bald Eagle is glorious to ride and camp (camp in the state forest, not the campgrounds). Literally right on the trails.
View Quote
If you ever have a chance to go ride any of the Hatfield trail systems. You'll have a blast. We take a couple of day trips through the year.

About 10 of us get together and rent a house at the end of July for a week. Nothing but riding and giving grief at every opportunity. Lol.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Been thinking about GPS. Not sure it will work down in the valleys where we ride. They're pretty tight with a very limited view of the sky. Something I'll have to check out.  
View Quote
Worst case, you walk up the hill till you get a signal, waypoint it, you know where you're at and direction back to where you need to be. That can be a lifesaver.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Spun some laps on the smoker yesterday. 

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:01:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cchurchi] [#47]
Rode up Devils Staircase yesterday, near Leadore Idaho.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Keebler Pass Road west of Crested Butte, CO.

548 by Michael M., on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gacksnabbit:

Love this bike.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/190028/IMG-8454-267644.JPG
My fuel light comes on at about 135 miles and I will go another 10 or so when I am local and close to gas stations.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:03:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DAIVIPAI2K5] [#50]
Got the creeper van all loaded up for our local fair race tomorrow. Have to take a friends 65 down with us.

He did the KOI drag race at our fair on Sunday. Winning the 50 class, got 4th on the 110 racing against 65's and 85's lol

We took at trip our to a friends camp grounds just to have a night away and let him trail ride a bit.

Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top