Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 27 of 60)
Page / 60
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Don’t have it home yet, but this is my grail Jeep. LJ Rubicon Automatic with a Hardtop.

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RobertL:
Don’t have it home yet, but this is my grail Jeep. LJ Rubicon Automatic with a Hardtop.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67156/6FE1BEC1-F9E0-414B-B765-1EADE3D2D995-698861.jpg
View Quote
Nice looking rig, where'd you find it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Gears and lockers should be on the way after Hurricane Michael fucks us over! I'm SO fucking excited!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RobertL] [#5]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67156/6FE1BEC1-F9E0-414B-B765-1EADE3D2D995-698861.jpg
On Facebook, less than a mile from my house. I knew he had it, but didn’t have any idea it was for sale.

Higher mileage than I would like but it’s absolutely rust free and runs and drives perfectly. I’ll wheel it pretty hard, so a higher mileage example is probably better for me.  I just sold my built ‘16 Rubi because I was a nervous wreck every time I took it out (and the guy wanted it really bad).

This one would also be ideal for an LS swap. It has 168,xxx but it has a Jasper transmission with less than 20,xxx on it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
On Facebook, less than a mile from my house. I knew he had it, but didn’t have any idea it was for sale.

Higher mileage than I would like but it’s absolutely rust free and runs and drives perfectly. I’ll wheel it pretty hard, so a higher mileage example is probably better for me.  I just sold my built ‘16 Rubi because I was a nervous wreck every time I took it out (and the guy wanted it really bad).

This one would also be ideal for an LS swap. It has 168,xxx but it has a Jasper transmission with less than 20,xxx on it.
View All Quotes

Nice, LS swap is on my likely to do list if/when my PCM fails as 06 autos are known to do.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up the LJ tonight. Here’s a shot gassing it up.

Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up the LJ tonight. Here’s a shot gassing it up.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67156/7249E7B5-4EDA-43EA-97D8-7C0EAADDB7D9-700041.jpg
View Quote
Get used to it
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Get used to it
View Quote
Really, I tell folks the only thing my TJ won't crawl over is a gas pump.

My 15 JKU isn't to far behind.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Sweet!

I am getting my 2 door in December

Hows the trunk space with the seats up? I hear it's a little bigger then the JKs. I haven't seen a 2 door in person yet.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By KingRollo:

Hows the trunk space with the seats up? I hear it's a little bigger then the JKs. I haven't seen a 2 door in person yet.
View Quote
I don't see any difference, and I had a 2 door JK - certainly not noticeable if it is larger.

Jim
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Did most of Morris Mountain last weekend.

Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Put a set of late model Rubi takeoffs on the LJ this morning.

Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BULLDAWG_556:

View All Quotes

Get used to it

I just did a PHX-Moab-Boulder-Telluride-PHX trip.

My '02 TJ was doing 10-15% better on gas than the '14 JKU I was with.

They've got more power, but they're thirsty bitches...
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

View All Quotes

Get used to it

When I first got my LJ I got 19mpg.

I get around 12 now with all the changes.

Cruise set at 85 mph across SD earlier this year had me lucky to get double digits.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#18]
1980 CJ7. You kinda have to use your imagination...
I've probably got a year and a half to go at least...

She's gonna be a desert sand CJ7 version of an M38A1.  I'm doing her up as a tribute to the brothers and sisters I served with over 28 years, and those who came before me, and those who are out there now. I'll be using the bumper numbers from the first tank I was crew on back in 1981. She'll have Dodge truck running gear. A Mopar 360, TF 727, and full size Dana 44 front, Chrysler 9.25 rear axles with 4 wheel discs. The set-up came with a Dana 20 t-case, but I may try to change over to a Dana 300 if I can. I'll be doing a spring over on YJ springs, probably run 35s.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:29:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By daddyusmaximus:
1980 CJ7. You kinda have to use your imagination...
I've probably got a year and a half to go at least...

https://i.imgur.com/kKsbCnL.jpg

She's gonna be a desert sand CJ7 version of an M38A1.  I'm doing her up as a tribute to the brothers and sisters I served with over 28 years, and those who came before me, and those who are out there now. I'll be using the bumper numbers from the first tank I was crew on back in 1981. She'll have Dodge truck running gear. A Mopar 360, TF 727, and full size Dana 44 front, Chrysler 9.25 rear axles with 4 wheel discs. The set-up came with a Dana 20 t-case, but I may try to change over to a Dana 300 if I can. I'll be doing a spring over on YJ springs, probably run 35s.
View Quote
Wow, looking forward to seeing your project progress.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Supposed to be sunny and high 60s tomorrow.  I’m loaded up and ready to wheel some rocks.  I figure Sunday the soft top goes on for the winter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Details, give them to me!
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Spotted this one the other day and just HAD to stop for a pic. The whole thing is bedlined OD green.

The badges are some sort of custom 82nd Airborne logo.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Cruise set at 85 mph across SD earlier this year had me lucky to get double digits.
View All Quotes

Get used to it

I'm still able to get high-teens most of the time running 33's. It's the best MPG TJ I've ever driven with, I always take less gas.

The only real exceptions are the all-uphill drives (PHX-Flag, for instance). But they're balanced out by the all downhill return trips.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
Spotted this one the other day and just HAD to stop for a pic. The whole thing is bedlined OD green.

https://i.imgur.com/GjrPW8B.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ly6bxOa.jpg

The badges are some sort of custom 82nd Airborne logo.
View Quote
Looks cool, bet it runs hot.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#25]
My current DD project.  It'll be replacing my Mazdaspeed 3 once I'm comfortable with it's reliability to get back and forth to work in it.  It's a 95 with the Country Trim package.  Other than some faded paint and other odds and ends from 23 years of existence the body is straight, driveline feels solid and interior is in amazing shape with exception of the driver's seat.

What's been replaced or revamped.

All bushings in front suspension
Track bar
steering stabalizer
New tires
valve cover gasket
oil pan gasket
rear main seal
timing cover gasket
timing cover crank seal
Coil Springs
Shocks front and rear
Rear leaf springs
Rear driveshaft u-joints
rear brakes down to the backing plate
Front Driver's seat
All lights replaced with LED bulbs including interior lights
spark plugs
plug wires
cap/rotor
distributor gasket
both PCV hoses with OEM parts (PO hodgepodged a bunch of random hoses together to make it work)
Original injectors replaced with 4 hole injectors

Upnext-
Put new inner fender liners in up front, the originals disintegrated
rebuild front brakes the passenger side caliper has a seized piston.  
replace window scrapers/seals
fix drivers door has a slight sag to it due to typical XJ top hinge failure.  It's just starting to sag needs a new weld laid down.
replace weather striping all around.  It's not in bad shape but is flat in some areas and could use new stuff
replace u-joints in front driveshaft and front axleshafts.

Current plans are to keep it mostly stock.  The coils and leafs are "Upcountry" spec so it sits about 1 to 1.5 inches higher than a stock non upcountry XJ.  Possibly swap in a NP/NVG242 full time/part time transfer case.  Put some traction adders in possibly LSDs front and rear, a possible lunchbox locker is on the menu as well for budget reasons.  Any mods will be limited to light overlanding mods.  Right now I plan to do some kind of "roll on/Roll off" package for my small trailer to carry most of the camping and adventure goods to keep the weight off the Jeep for daily driving.

Best pic I have at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Since it clean here it is again.

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Most recent pic. It wont change much, externally,  from here on. Just getting the gears and traction aids that I've already purchased installed.

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unstabl] [#28]
Originally Posted By jeepinbanditrider:
My current DD project.  It'll be replacing my Mazdaspeed 3 once I'm comfortable with it's reliability to get back and forth to work in it.  It's a 95 with the Country Trim package.  Other than some faded paint and other odds and ends from 23 years of existence the body is straight, driveline feels solid and interior is in amazing shape with exception of the driver's seat.

What's been replaced or revamped.

All bushings in front suspension
Track bar
steering stabalizer
New tires
valve cover gasket
oil pan gasket
rear main seal
timing cover gasket
timing cover crank seal
Coil Springs
Shocks front and rear
Rear leaf springs
Rear driveshaft u-joints
rear brakes down to the backing plate
Front Driver's seat
All lights replaced with LED bulbs including interior lights
spark plugs
plug wires
cap/rotor
distributor gasket
both PCV hoses with OEM parts (PO hodgepodged a bunch of random hoses together to make it work)
Original injectors replaced with 4 hole injectors

Upnext-
Put new inner fender liners in up front, the originals disintegrated
rebuild front brakes the passenger side caliper has a seized piston.  
replace window scrapers/seals
fix drivers door has a slight sag to it due to typical XJ top hinge failure.  It's just starting to sag needs a new weld laid down.
replace weather striping all around.  It's not in bad shape but is flat in some areas and could use new stuff
replace u-joints in front driveshaft and front axleshafts.

Current plans are to keep it mostly stock.  The coils and leafs are "Upcountry" spec so it sits about 1 to 1.5 inches higher than a stock non upcountry XJ.  Possibly swap in a NP/NVG242 full time/part time transfer case.  Put some traction adders in possibly LSDs front and rear, a possible lunchbox locker is on the menu as well for budget reasons.  Any mods will be limited to light overlanding mods.  Right now I plan to do some kind of "roll on/Roll off" package for my small trailer to carry most of the camping and adventure goods to keep the weight off the Jeep for daily driving.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181026/b02012255c0cd92ef64e560f6aebe1c1.jpg

View Quote
Love the XJ build.  I've got one myself.  If you start a build thread, drop a link in here to it.  I'd thoroughly enjoy watching you put it back together.

For stock replacement parts I use Team Cherokee.  They've got about everything you need covered and the prices are very reasonable.

Thanks again for posting a cool older rig!

ETA:  I'm in SW Arkansas.  If you're near there I have a few spare parts XJs and a ton of stuff from my build.  Let me know if you need something specific.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Most recent pic. It wont change much, externally,  from here on. Just getting the gears and traction aids that I've already purchased installed.

http://i.imgur.com/MaTFCab.jpg
View Quote
“Won’t change much” =/= Jeep owner
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#30]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181026/b02012255c0cd92ef64e560f6aebe1c1.jpg

View Quote
i think i like this project more than most of the rock crawlers and brodozers i see.

i bet those things start bringing stupid money soon.  used to be a dime a dozen, now i dont see many on the roads.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#31]
My boy and I took a trip out to Big Bend last month.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jonboy20:
My boy and I took a trip out to Big Bend last month.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85934/20181006_134613_jpg-736609.JPG
View Quote
Doesn't look happy at all.

Great job!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Neat racks! Any more pics of them?

Can you put a snowboard on the top one? How much weight does the rear one hold?

Debating 2 vs 4 door right now. I have only ever had 2 doors but lately I am thinking about all the shit I want to carry.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Aguas:

i think i like this project more than most of the rock crawlers and brodozers i see.

i bet those things start bringing stupid money soon.  used to be a dime a dozen, now i dont see many on the roads.
View Quote
Yeah I'm seeing prices jump up pretty good around here.  A clean good running stock XJ can bring anywhere form 6 to 10 grand around here.  One sold for 11 grand.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By unstabl:

Love the XJ build.  I've got one myself.  If you start a build thread, drop a link in here to it.  I'd thoroughly enjoy watching you put it back together.

For stock replacement parts I use Team Cherokee.  They've got about everything you need covered and the prices are very reasonable.

Thanks again for posting a cool older rig!

ETA:  I'm in SW Arkansas.  If you're near there I have a few spare parts XJs and a ton of stuff from my build.  Let me know if you need something specific.
View Quote
I'm not far from you.  I'm east of Dallas and western Arkansas is one of my favorite areas.  I'll be up there in march with my kid, and my friend and his kids doing some backroad running and Forest service camping.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#36]

I'm not far from you.  I'm east of Dallas and western Arkansas is one of my favorite areas.  I'll be up there in march with my kid, and my friend and his kids doing some backroad running and Forest service camping.
View Quote
Nice!  We wheel at the Superlift ORV Park in Hot Springs pretty regular.  Spend a lot of time running around near the Buffalo on forest/back roads camping, too.  There's really some gorgeous country there.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#37]
"Won't change much" =/= Jeep owner
View All Quotes

It's been a HUGE change from when I acquired it two years ago, and it has almost turned into the vision of what I wanted a Jeep to be. I'm happy.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah I'm seeing prices jump up pretty good around here.  A clean good running stock XJ can bring anywhere form 6 to 10 grand around here.  One sold for 11 grand.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aguas:

I guess my buddy should be ashamed for acquiring a 2000 XJ running and in great shape for $250...

I know I hate him for it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#39]
New to me:
2007 JK X
6speed
3" lift
35s
73k miles
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:16:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moto-M187] [#40]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:
New to me:
2007 JK X
>>>>>6speed<<<<<
3" lift
35s
73k miles
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/325471/Da_Jeep-739179.jpg
View Quote
Only way to roll. Good looking jeep Infidel
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#41]
It's been a HUGE change from when I acquired it two years ago, and it has almost turned into the vision of what I wanted a Jeep to be. I'm happy.
View All Quotes

I hear you, I’m an axle, tummy tuck and bigger tires away from moving on to my next project.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Moto-M187:

Only way to roll. Good looking jeep Infidel
View Quote
Thank you brother, needs a little work.
I got some bushings and all new brakes to install.
Need to find a hard top, carpet, and may change up the suspension a little.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:
New to me:
2007 JK X
6speed
3" lift
35s
73k miles
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/325471/Da_Jeep-739179.jpg
View Quote
A 2dr with 35s is about as perfect as it gets, IMO.  Nice rig!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Seth_Livzz:

View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Pretty much. 35s will take you just about anywhere. I remember when 33s were the most amazing.

Now the new JLs with nothing more than a budget 3.5" lift will allow for 40s.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Was going to install these bad boys, but this happened:

Attachment Attached File

Any idea if LED headlights will generate enough heat to keep from icing up?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#47]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20909/Icy_bullshit_jpg-739782.JPG

View Quote
Some manufacturers make models with a built-in heating element, but the LED's themselves won't generally melt ice buildup.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#48]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20909/Icy_bullshit_jpg-739782.JPG

View Quote
I've never had a significant problem with buildup on my JW speakers in MN but there is no heat from them. Even with some snow on them they are still like 10 times brighter than my stock TJ lights.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 60
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 27 of 60)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top