Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 17 of 60)
Page / 60
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HostisHumaniGeneris:
Originally Posted By Boomer:
Sort of been thinking about selling it in favor of a new JKU, but I don't think I can let it go.

View Quote
Get both!  
View Quote
I finally did! LOL

Brought this home last week:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

(Yes, I bought it from a Honda dealer)

2015 Unlimited Sport S with auto, 3.73s, Alpine speakers and a couple of other things. Getting ready to add moderate suspension and tire upgrades, sliders/steps, grab bars and call it good for now. I will probably be in Moab with it at the end of next month.

Seems kind a weird seeing my original post in the thread from almost 3 years ago and realizing that I have been kicking this idea around for that long. No wonder my wife finally said to just do it.

It will be keeping the old Scrambler company.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ISED8U:
Hard top and doors came off today. I got some sun on my head.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67619/IMG-7917-169810.JPG
View Quote
I just put the same bumper on my 89 YJ.  Do you have any closer pics on how your winch and lightbar are mounted?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:25:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jday] [#7]
Took the '89 out for a little exploring this evening.  I need a winch.  Any suggestions?  It won't see a ton of use.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's my 08 Rubicon...113k miles and going strong, 6 speed manual, 4.10 gears, 33" BFG KM2's, and 2" AEV lift.  I took this shot in Moab a couple years ago.  She hasn't changed much except that in the summer I run doors off and throw on some Bestop soft doors when it rains.  I love this thing more than ever.  I'm scheduled for the dreaded Takata airbag recall for the passenger side.  Other than that, it is pretty bullet proof.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jday:

I just put the same bumper on my 89 YJ.  Do you have any closer pics on how your winch and lightbar are mounted?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

It's all poison spyder mounting hardware with the exception of the L brackets that are on either side of the light bar. Those I got from Lowes and primed and painted them. They're steel fence mender pieces.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome.  Thank you sir.  I'm about to pull the trigger on a winch and already have a 10" lightbar sitting in the garage.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Got some new goodies for the wife's jeep.  305/65/17 KO2s on mamba wheels. 1.75" leveling kit and smittybuilt side bars.  Also got new front and back bumpers and a new winch.  But the bumpers haven't arrived yet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw one of you guys on the YJ Facebook page today 
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I just found this thread and thought I add my 1960 (ish) CJ-5.

Attachment Attached File

It was given to my grandpa by a friend of his, and he gave it to me. It's titled as a 60, but it was assembled from a bunch of different Jeeps. It was on an MB frame, had MB or GPW axles, a GPW transfer case with a later T-90 transmission, an F head engine and a CJ5 body. She was nothing but a rust bucket. The only body parts I was able to use were the hood, grille, and glovebox cover.

The frame was shot too, so I swapped it onto a 56-58 frame that I acquired while in was in high school, and I also used the axles and transfer case from that.  It's a new tub from KW. I rebuilt the engine, axles, transfer and trans.  Pretty much everything is new or rebuilt. The color is what the body was originally painted.

It's a little further along now, this pic was right after I got the body on the frame after paint. Hoping to have it on the road before the end of summer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By kfs35:
I just found this thread and thought I add my 1960 (ish) CJ-5.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262156/IMG-0009-254867.JPG

It was given to my grandpa by a friend of his, and he gave it to me. It's titled as a 60, but it was assembled from a bunch of different Jeeps. It was on an MB frame, had MB or GPW axles, a GPW transfer case with a later T-90 transmission, an F head engine and a CJ5 body. She was nothing but a rust bucket. The only body parts I was able to use were the hood, grille, and glovebox cover.

The frame was shot too, so I swapped it onto a 56-58 frame that I acquired while in was in high school, and I also used the axles and transfer case from that.  It's a new tub from KW. I rebuilt the engine, axles, transfer and trans.  Pretty much everything is new or rebuilt. The color is what the body was originally painted.

It's a little further along now, this pic was right after I got the body on the frame after paint. Hoping to have it on the road before the end of summer.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262156/IMG-1482-254870.JPG
View Quote
Very nice, this old girl has been sitting out and wasting away for as long as i can remember, i think its to far gone, but i have been tossing around the idea of making an offer on it and working on it.

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#16]
2011 JKU

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Forest:

Would it need a new tub at this point, or could you weld in some metal to fix the rear fender area and side?  (front fender looks like it needs to be replaced)
View Quote
I looked it over, although hastily.

The rust on the rear has started to eat the frame away, that and a new tub would be needed.

The top wasnt as bad as i though initially, wouldnt cost much to fix, although a new one would be ordered if i take the plunge.

The front half of the chassis could all be fixed with minimal cost i would think.

The original motor and all parts are there.

The interior, looks rough from the pictures, but the gauges, dash and floorboards look remarkable well, considering the rest of the body is withering away.

Ill likely pass on it, but it would be fun.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Taking advantage of the warm weather.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#22]
2017 Grand Cherokee summit, guess how many times it's been offroad?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kfs35] [#25]
New pics of the project. Getting really close to road ready!!!
I made a few laps around the yard at least.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#26]
That looks awesome!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kfs35:
New pics of the project. Getting really close to road ready!!!
I made a few laps around the yard at least.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262156/IMG-1516-259043.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262156/IMG-1517-259035.JPG
View Quote
love it! theres a Jeep junk yard near me, i've been temped to go in and find an old rig to restore. But then I remember I have a pile of boxes in the garage of parts for my JKU that I still need to install.. working 6 days a week sucks
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Playing around on the ramp a little last night. Unfortunately, I didn't hit it at enough angle and had to stop because the rear wheel was going to start climbing it. Still had some flex left in it.

Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By KYLiberty:
Playing around on the ramp a little last night. Unfortunately, I didn't hit it at enough angle and had to stop because the rear wheel was going to start climbing it. Still had some flex left in it.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz12/KYRubi/rtiramp2_zps0h7nbbtq.jpg

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz12/KYRubi/RTI3_zpstwsuefgt.jpg
View Quote
Looks like you need to get it on a CTI trailer.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Looks like you need to get it on a CTI trailer.
View Quote
Plan to next time I'm at a show that has one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#31]
My 2.  His and hers.  No lifts yet, but the orange one (mine) will be lifted soon.  Once the kids are out of the house and not driving it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78JeepCJ] [#32]
I keep a 1978 Jeep CJ5 at my other place down in San Diego.

I built it 4 years ago, and use it mostly for the desert during the winter.
Everything was built by me...all the tubing, all the fab work, all the paint.
304 w/TBI/HEI, t-18 trans with a granny 1st, D20 transfer case w/ 3to1 low range.
Air lockers in the diffs, 36 super swampers with real bead locks.
Bilstein remote 5100's, ram-assist steering, on-board air compressor and tank.
Seats were done by PRP,  the fuel injection was tuned by The Dyno Shop.
PEPE' flag was done by a boat flag company.

Occasionally... I'll drive around town or head out to the beach.

So back in April,  it was given a small feature at link---> fourwheeler.com (corporate boss for JP magazine)

Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: itsARanchrifle] [#33]
Did it work?
ETA yep
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#35]
New BDS Suspension springs, and BDS NX2 shocks. Metalcloak adjustable control arms, trackbars, and bumpstops. JKS Quicker Disconnects, MAS-XL steering components, Teraflex Super Short SYE. Tom Woods Driveshaft. 

The last two months have been "OPERATION MONEY PIT"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Mr_Maim:
New BDS Suspension springs, and BDS NX2 shocks. Metalcloak adjustable control arms, trackbars, and bumpstops. JKS Quicker Disconnects, MAS-XL steering components, Teraflex Super Short SYE. Tom Woods Driveshaft. 

The last two months have been "OPERATION MONEY PIT"

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/248738/20170717_Jeep_front_steering_NEW-275310.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/248738/20170806_114109-275320.JPG
View Quote
How do you like the BDS NX2 shocks, and what lift of springs are you running?

I have the 2" and the old BDS shocks in mine, and they have been great... but at 75k on them, the shocks at least need a replacement and I've been thinking about just going to the 3".
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:46:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easy_E] [#38]
Our city has an old BMX track not in use so a friend asked if we could use it for a Jeep coarse. Sixty Jeeps showed up to drive on it and had another 40 or so Jeep owners there to watch.  My jeep up on the pipes
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:57:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#39]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

How do you like the BDS NX2 shocks, and what lift of springs are you running?

I have the 2" and the old BDS shocks in mine, and they have been great... but at 75k on them, the shocks at least need a replacement and I've been thinking about just going to the 3".
View Quote
Apologies for the late reply, I spent the weekend ... under the Jeep. :)  This time replacing the steering box, not too tough.

I have the BDS 3" springs and NX2 shocks. I like them, but this is my first Jeep so the only comparison I have are the sagged factory springs with 2" poor man's lift spacers all the way around.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:01:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Maim] [#41]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Thats whats holding me back on the LJ

I have the savvy midarms just sitting on a shelf in my garage, just need tires and wheels and I can slam it in there. But I haven't welded anything in like 4 years, so Im not confident in my abilities to make a nice weld upside down on a frame, and they recently took 220 out of our shop to move the tire machines, so I couldn't do it if I wanted to anyways.

I'm pretty much stuck having someone do the whole lift for me which is really frustrating for me because I have my own 2 post lift at work I could do 90% of the work on myself but once you cut the control arm brackets off you are committed. its not like a long arm that replaces the tcase mount/crossmember where you could slam it on and take it somewhere to be welded.
View Quote
Why are you doing mid-arm? Are you going to be doing serious wheeling?

You could sell off the mid-arm kit, once sold get a short arm kit that just bolts up. No welding required! 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 4:13:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LawyerUp] [#42]
Just installed some new magna flow exhaust.  It's pretty sweet.  And a defender roof rack.  Hard to see the exhaust.  But it's dual matte black pipes out the back.  Low rumble, but not obnoxious.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:29:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#43]
Maybe it is difficult to tell with the aftermarket bumper, but those tips look like they hang even lower than the stock one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Maybe it is difficult to tell with the aftermarket bumper, but those tips look like they hang even lower than the stock one.
View Quote
I think it's just the angle of the photo.  The rear bumper is higher clearance, which is the main reason I got the smaller muffler.  The stock one was a big ugly barrel.  The stock pipe comes out off the right side and points downward.  I actually dented the stock one somehow.  In a straight on rear view, you can hardly even see these.  They are tucked pretty well up there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Mr_Maim:

Apologies for the late reply, I spent the weekend ... under the Jeep. :)  This time replacing the steering box, not too tough.

I have the BDS 3" springs and NX2 shocks. I like them, but this is my first Jeep so the only comparison I have are the sagged factory springs with 2" poor man's lift spacers all the way around.
View Quote
Good man.

I love my 2" BDS lift, but they don't make my shocks anymore and I've developed a little shimmy at 60-65. (Likely a control arm bushing egging out on me).

I'm at about 75k on the lift, so I should think about shocks, and with the shimmy, I'm looking at at least pulling the arms... so I'm considering putting on new arms, new shocks, etc - a whole new lift.

I'm pretty split between the Rubicon Express 3.5 (8 new arms, 'eh' shocks, ~$1500) and the new JKSpec 3" lift (~$1700 with the Fox shocks, only 4 new arms*, so I might need $500 more). But given my experience with the 2" BDS (great) I'm interested in the 3" BDS.

In any event, I'd be sticking with 33x10.50's.

If anyone has any experience with any of these... let me know.

*-2 front/rear lowers and 2 front uppers. I'm considering just dropping the $240 for the new lowers and seeing if it solves my shimmy, and doing the rest later. Time to do stuff has been a concern lately; I have a Moab trip coming up in October. (As well as a Labor day trip which I'm comfortable with the Jeep as-is; but I can't put it down during that time either. That trip isn't a stress on the Jeep - easy-peasy trail for a Jeep on 33's - so much as it is a problem for the other vehicles if I'm not there. It's doable on just a stock 4x4 pickup, but we get one stuck nearly every year that I have to extract)
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:57:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#46]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:32:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thunder_Stick] [#47]
I get told daily that  I have an awesome jeep.  Had a girl not to long ago wearing a Jeep shirt take a picture said it was the coolest jeep she ever saw and she was in a jeep club.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Just got my new aluminum front bumper in and put on before powder coating it black to match the rest.

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Thunder_Stick:
I get told daily that  I have an awesome jeep.  
View Quote
The british are coming! The british are coming! ........to invade our jeep thread
Page / 60
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 17 of 60)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top