Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 7:32:58 PM EDT
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-news/touareg-new-design-new-technologies-new-262-ps-v6-tdi-consumes-just-6-6-l100-km/

"The advances are even clearer in the case of the larger of the two V6 TDI engines, the power output of which has been increased from 180 kW (245 PS) to 193 kW (262 PS)2: despite this added power, its consumption falls from 7.2 to likewise 6.6 l/100 km (equating to 174 g/km of CO2). In the case of the ‘Terrain Tech’ version3 – the Touareg with special off-road applications and a four-wheel drive system with low range set of gear ratios, designed among things for particularly demanding off-road conditions – there is an improvement from 7.3 to 6.9 l/100 km."

That's 35mpg, which would probably be somewhere between 30 and 35mpg highway in the US.

I like the Touareg, but I'm sure this out of my budget.  Now, if they put the same engine and got the same mileage from the Amarok and sold it in the US... I'd probably take a close look!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
They could get 85mpg and I'd never buy another one. I was a dyed in the wool VW man, until VW and Bosch broke me of the habit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I almost bought a Touareg until THE DEALER warned me of the electrical nightmares that they were.

So I bought a loaded Passat, and I was sorry for the next three years.

VW
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
that thing is beautiful.  If I could afford one I would buy one in a second.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]
When new brakes take a small home loan to afford, I do not fo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
One of the guys at work scraped his at 160,000 miles when the transmission bit the dust. It was the cheaper way to go.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

the Touareg with special off-road applications and a four-wheel drive system with low range set of gear ratios, designed among things for particularly demanding off-road conditions –

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When new brakes take a small home loan to afford, I do not fo.
View Quote
I don't know about the Touareg, but rotors and pads on my Golf TDI were a little over $200... although they haven't been installed because the originals only have about 150k miles on them.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
My dad drives a diesel VW Toureg and mom drives a porsche Cayenne with the diesel.

The Cayenne gets at least 3mpg more than the Toureg in all conditions. The Porsche is just made better all around.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My dad drives a diesel VW Toureg and mom drives a porsche Cayenne with the diesel.

The Cayenne gets at least 3mpg more than the Toureg in all conditions. The Porsche is just made better all around.
View Quote

Thats kind of odd, same platform for both and most of the assembly is done in the same plant.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thats kind of odd, same platform for both and most of the assembly is done in the same plant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Porsche makes their vehicles unique, even if they are based on the same platform as certain VW's/audi vehicles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top