Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2014 8:39:09 PM EDT
I have a 2008 Ford Escape.  It has extremely low miles, 35000, but is starting to get some paint bubbling on the rear drivers side fender lip. It currently isnt visible on the outside of the vehicle.  Anyone know whats involved in repairing this and roughly what it would cost. Since its not visible on the outside I could care less what the final product looks like just so it doesn't spread to the main body.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
based on where you are, I would guess it is rust.

you might check and see if you are still covered by the manufacture. I believe some of those panel rust through warranties extend quite a while.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure corrosion warranty is 5 years unlimited miles.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's bubbling underneath the paint, it will need to cut out, a patch panel will have to be made, and it will have to be welded in.  This is really the only appropriate way to fix it.  We have to do it all the time to customers vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Rust is called cancer for a reason.  Has to be cut out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top