Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 7:57:40 PM EDT
Bought this from the original owner back in 1981 and have had ever since. Put it in storage 6 years ago and just last went to see her again. I'd love to drive it again, but it gets about 4mpg! Good news is the body is still perfect as is the paint. The motor is a 1967 428 Pontiac over bored .090 decked ram air heads and 13:1 compression, 607 lift 291/301 duration cam. Never could get the car to hook up, would roast the tires at 40 mph if I stomped on it.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What are your plans with her?  Whatever they are, I hope a car wash and a wax are included.  I love Trans Ams.  Always have, always will.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I was never partial to that year TA when I was younger, but as I've gotten older they've grown on me.

Lotta potential in that ride
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel for you guys that have run front license plates
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Cars with a sexy front end should be exempt from those silly laws.

Also, why isn't that bird on the road?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't drive it because it gets 4mpg or less and with the compression I have to run premium gas with lead additive and octane boost and retard the timing to prevent spark knock. It costs too much to drive plain and simple. I am considering dropping in a rebuilt 400 cid to make it more streetable.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#7]
More pics please........
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:02:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I like it
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't drive it because it gets 4mpg or less and with the compression I have to run premium gas with lead additive and octane boost and retard the timing to prevent spark knock. It costs too much to drive plain and simple. I am considering dropping in a rebuilt 400 cid to make it more streetable.

View Quote

Get busy! While you're at it, paint that bitch black and gold and get 17" or 18" Year One snowflakes on it. It's a great car, and deserves to be on the road. Keep us posted if you do get it on the road, GL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top